thread

Dispute: Dick Moreland - Atari 2600 / VCS - Dragster - NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B [Fastest Time] - Player: Todd Rogers - Score: 05.51

User Tag List

Is this a valid dispute?

You may not vote on this poll
    You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
Page 228 of 238 FirstFirst ... 128 178 218 226 227 228 229 230 ... LastLast
Results 2,271 to 2,280 of 2377
  1. VERIFIED Junior Member Credibility: 1,000
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by karljobst View Post
    ... but then you he should stop....
    ..but then you said he should stop.. *
  2. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 1,690
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    [QUOTE=datagod;939693]
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnigamer View Post
    If you really require my hardware expertise for it then you can contact me outside the thread.
    [/QOTE]

Cool! Thanks!

How is further testing wasting your time? As far as I know, you are not on the payroll, you also claim to not have anything riding on this dispute. Let it play out. People demanding it be put to an end right here right now just come across as entitled and unprofessional.
    As you have said before, it's up to TG and they're paying for it, so I and others have shared our conclusion as TG assesses "next steps" - that spending additional time and resources on the type of test you've outlined is unwarranted. If you're advocating that TG spend more money as a personal reassurance, that's a different testing criteria that Jace can assess on its own merits.

You called for TG to conduct further testing on a line of inquiry based on conversations you had months ago, that after 2 or 3 thousand tries (later tabulated into four hours of play), "you hit jackpot" (5.51) due to a hardware malfunction that could be related to temperature or circuit fatigue.

At a minimum, testing for a hitherto unknown glitch that kicks in and gives a player a "jackpot" of 5.51 after 2000-3000 attempts or four hours of play is literally a waste of money - we have 35 years of evidence that there isn't a "jackpot" glitch preceded by a hardware malfunction related to poor PCB ventilation or circuit fatigue at the four hour mark for any Atari title. If it's your contention that this hardware failure only affects Dragster game play, then I would remind you that the type of hardware failure you're referencing would affect any software title. And since this kind of hardware failure has not been historically referenced as affecting Atari consoles at the time of their release and in the decades following their use, a proposal to create a Dragster-specific test to confirm if this hardware defect exists is redundant. Additionally, Todd's plainly stated recollections about conditions at the two live 5.51 accord were not conducted in those types of conditions. I can't see an argument for conducting condition tests - and the associated costs they will incur - that bear no resemblance to the conditions expressed or experienced by Todd.

You may not like the argument, but there is nothing entitled or unprofessional about its framing or articulation.
    Thanks datagod thanked this post
    Likes TG Fan liked this post
  3. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 1,690
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Okay I re-read my original post and see I said "at this point, magic is all that's left to explain a 5.51" in reference to Ben's reference of magical formula. Yes, that was a bit cheeky. Entitled and unprofessional? I hope not. Let's chalk it up to an attempt at humour. Apologies.
  4. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 3,325
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    49 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by The Evener View Post
    Okay I re-read my original post and see I said "at this point, magic is all that's left to explain a 5.51" in reference to Ben's reference of magical formula. Yes, that was a bit cheeky. Entitled and unprofessional? I hope not. Let's chalk it up to an attempt at humour. Apologies.
    It is a new year folks, and I have learned over the years my sense of humor can be completely mis-read in text form. I am more of a in-person-funny kind of guy.

I would like to take this time to apologize to everyone I have interacted with in this thread. From this point forward I'll try my best to only contribute positively to the discussion. Any off-topic discussions I'll move to my own wall where we can continue the thoughts if anyone is interested.

Happy New Year!!
    "May the Heavy Hand spare you" -- Datagod 1:19
    ~~ Strongest Punch on Twin Galaxies ~~

Likes The Evener, danman1234 liked this post
  5. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 6,503
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    64 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by datagod View Post
    That is not surprising, given your track record. Multi paragraph posts complaining about off topic posts, language so bad it had to be moderated. Step away from the computer. Take some deep breaths. Ask yourself is it really worth spazzing out publicly again?

P.S. It is 2018. New episode coming down the pike.
    I'm not spazzing out. Not sure where your getting this from. Why don't ask yourself if it's worth not actually contributing any information to this thread. I'm simply responding to your off topic posts. Consequently some of mine are therefore off topic addressing yours. I'm not complaining, I'm adding to the dispute by asking questions and asking you to back up your statements but you never do. If you did that some of your posts wouldn't end up being off topic, but since you don't ever answer questions asking you to explain your comments, like the agenda comments, you are derailing the thread. As far as I'm aware of, I've never had any of my posts moderated. Unless your counting the asterisk as moderation. Sorry your not grown up enough to take a few asterisk language words. I swear, it's what I do sometimes. If it was directed at someone, TG would step in and delete my posts. I'm hardly ever on my computer but you insist on telling me what to do. Again, I'm breathing and your still telling me what I should be doing.
  6. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 6,503
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    64 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by datagod View Post
    It is a new year folks, and I have learned over the years my sense of humor can be completely mis-read in text form. I am more of a in-person-funny kind of guy.

I would like to take this time to apologize to everyone I have interacted with in this thread. From this point forward I'll try my best to only contribute positively to the discussion. Any off-topic discussions I'll move to my own wall where we can continue the thoughts if anyone is interested.

Happy New Year!!
    Best of luck! No need to apologize but apology accepted. Happy New Year
    Likes datagod liked this post
  7. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 2,348
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkSoupial View Post
    So is a 5:51 possible or not?
    Even more important: Did Todd Rogers achieve a legitimate 5.51?
    Likes timhett, TG Fan, thegamer1185 liked this post
  8. VERIFIED Junior Member Credibility: 1,000
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by DadsGlasses View Post
    Even more important: Did Todd Rogers achieve a legitimate 5.51?
    Less important: It's pretty hard to achieve something that isn't possible.

Show me ANY 5:51, then I'll worry about whether or not Todd actually got it.
  9. VERIFIED Member Credibility: 1,021
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

I know this has been linked to previously but wanted to record this within the dispute for comprehensiveness. Thanks.

Kim Jong Un Takes Down 35 Year Old Retro Video Game Record

Pyongyang – North Korea State Media and North Korean citizens have been celebrating the latest ICBM launch from the rogue nation, but one other celebration is strangely absent from the media in the west. Apparently the supreme leader Kim Jong Un took down the long standing Atari Dragster 2600 record set by Todd Rogers in 1982.
    In recent months there has been speculation that Rogers’ original score might not have been legitimate and Atari fans everywhere have tried to reproduced Rogers’ 5.51 time with no luck. An official statement from the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea read as follows:
    The Supreme Leader Kim Jong Un set a new record once again embarrassing American gamers. During the preparations of the November 30th missile Launch, Un decided to pass the time by playing Activision’s Dragster on the Atari 2600. On his 3rd attempt he shattered the old record of 5.51 and clocked a time of 5.41 – a full tenth of a second improvement.
    While North Korea didn’t provide any substantial proof of the accomplishment, they did provide the above photo and issued a 2nd statement refuting claims that the accomplishment was faked:
    The American dogs have blindly accepted the 5.51 time as fact for several decades with no proof. Their aggression towards proving the score is no more, as photographic evidence of Supreme Leader Kim Jong Un shows the time of 5.41. Additionally, members of the Central Military Commission witnessed the historic undertaking.
    This isn’t the first time North Korea has claimed to do what American gamers cannot. Previously they have claimed to access Sheng Long from the original Street Fighter II arcade machine, set a new speedrun record of Super Mario Bros., and allegedly beat Missile Command.

Attached Images Attached Images
  10. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 1,000
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Has it been long enough after the holidays yet, or is TG still looking for another way to waste time and resources?
Page 228 of 238 FirstFirst ... 128 178 218 226 227 228 229 230 ... LastLast
Join us