thread

Dispute: Dick Moreland - Atari 2600 / VCS - Dragster - NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B [Fastest Time] - Player: Todd Rogers - Score: 05.51

User Tag List

Is this a valid dispute?

You may not vote on this poll
    You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
Page 247 of 247 FirstFirst ... 147 197 237 245 246 247
Results 2,461 to 2,462 of 2462
  1. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 6,629
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    64 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    @Jace Hall , can I ask why this particular dispute if found to be invalid/not possible will have a track created to keep this score in the database? I've brought it up a few times with no answers. I would ask why this dispute is so special but you will say that each dispute is it's own individual entity, which is true and I agree with. However, if a 5.51 is found in any such way to be possible outside of normal means, why would you create a track for it? It will only add more clutter to the leader board, it didn't follow the current rules for this track, and you are essentially slapping people who have scores removed/being disputed via the dispute system. That's why I've said all along that this track is being treated like it is special.

Many of us have had scores rejected and in the new TGSAP system we could all simply create a new track to get our scores to be entered in the database. It's not right. I feel if you add a track for any disputed score, you should add a track for all disputed scores. Or simply do what TG has been doing and remove the scores. That is not the case as several scores have been removed via the dispute system.
  2. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 7,920
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: snowflaketg
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    33 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by thegamer1185 View Post
    @Jace Hall, can I ask why this particular dispute if found to be invalid/not possible will have a track created to keep this score in the database? I've brought it up a few times with no answers. I would ask why this dispute is so special but you will say that each dispute is it's own individual entity, which is true and I agree with. However, if a 5.51 is found in any such way to be possible outside of normal means, why would you create a track for it? It will only add more clutter to the leader board, it didn't follow the current rules for this track, and you are essentially slapping people who have scores removed/being disputed via the dispute system. That's why I've said all along that this track is being treated like it is special.

Many of us have had scores rejected and in the new TGSAP system we could all simply create a new track to get our scores to be entered in the database. It's not right. I feel if you add a track for any disputed score, you should add a track for all disputed scores. Or simply do what TG has been doing and remove the scores. That is not the case as several scores have been removed via the dispute system.
    I know your question was asked to jace but he already answered, maybe if i reword it I can help.

Jace was talking about if it is possible with a bug. A normal bug. A bug/cheat code anyone can use. Something like the konami 30 guy code. A cheat like that is programmed in and anyone can use it. Yes it was against TG rules, so I'm right there with you saying it shouldnt get its own track, but at the same time I wanted to clarify that Jace already clarified its that sort of reproducable bug he's talking about. If however the only way it can be done is when you're standing on a volcano, and a piece of snow lands on controller 2 but not controller 1 while an iguana walks by, and only then is the time possible, well something like that doesnt get its own track and the score is stripped.

if i mistinterperted you jace i deeply apologize i know how offensive answering for someone else can be, but at the same time if i can clear up communication break downs i try.
    Mr. Do's Castle champ
    Lode Runner champ
    Other kid's games champ

Adult Games: Street Fighter champ
Page 247 of 247 FirstFirst ... 147 197 237 245 246 247
Join us