thread

Dispute: John McAllister - Atari 2600 / VCS - Sub-Scan - NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B - Player: Todd Rogers - Score: 1,012,000

User Tag List

Is this a valid dispute?

You may not vote on this poll
    You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 4,512
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: intellivisionmaster
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I’ve had little time lately for gaming and preparing dispute packages, but they will be coming one at a time. There’s no malice whatsoever. I have two disputes coming with definitive proof and three others with “overwhelming suspicious” evidence. There are three others where I “know” those scores were not achieved; however, I intend to beat those scores myself - thus no need to have their scores removed.

I.e. a player claims to have played a game for approximately 15 hours; and we have to presume that “no breaks” were taken - did a referee sleep over at his house? Did the referee attend his house the next morning to witness the final 3 hours of play? We have no evidence backing up whether the player took any breaks. For this type, I’ll just beat the score myself on video with no breaks.

The other packages will be submitted in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by danman1234 View Post
    So any word here on this? Its been around a while now?

2. VERIFIED COMMISSIONER Credibility: 8,000
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    @RTM Robert do you have any insight on who could have originally verified this in 2004?
  3. VERIFIED Legendary Member Credibility: 2,568
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Dave/all:

"SubScan" is a title that as far as I remember I played maybe a few times and never scored that well on, nor have I ever validated scores from any player whether NTSC, PAL or EMU.

My guess is that the score was either validated/entered by Ron, or entered by Todd himself as the title was never part of any 2600 deca-style event. But there is no way to be truly sure which of these possibilities is correct at this point.

As far as the speed of the title...from what I saw of John's demo...mind you, I never scored this high myself...I do not see this as being "impossible" to hit boats at this speed.

I've played some of the fastest 2600 titles of all time...Seaquest, Coconuts, Dragonfire, Taz, Turmoil, Kaboom, Wabbit among others...all were do-able even at the highest speeds, if not by myself then by others. I just do not see this title as being too fast to handle, and that is my opinion.

As for whether the gamer in question let the score accumulate in demo mode...THAT is a whole different matter. Without corroborating evidence there is just no way to positively know. Same would apply to, for example, an age-old arcade score of 60K or more on "Astro Fighter" or any of the other titles that accumulate points after the fact.

I'm abstaining from this vote on the grounds that while it is inconclusive as to whether the tactic of leaving the game running can be ascertained, I do not believe that the title is impossible to play/score point on at this level of difficulty. As a former referee I can take no other position.
    Thanks HugDD, redelf thanked this post
  4. VERIFIED Legendary Member Credibility: 2,568
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    PS to Dave - not sure what "@RTM" is supposed to accomplish, but if this is intended to go to a Twitter feed or some type of internet-based text message, I would be unable to receive.

Other than standard E-MAIL, TG forum and Facebook messaging, I have no other accounts open where I actively communicate on social media, excluding my MARP and DK Forum accounts which I solely use to post scores and an occasional forum reply.

Best way to alert me to a specific thread on the TG forum is to send me a TG PM...I almost missed this thread entirely had I not checked the progress of the Corcoran/Tron dispute.
  5. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 3,482

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: danman123456
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    55 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Sorry I have to disagree Robert its pretty much impossible to not loses your lives with the speed of those bottom boats. You have little control on the depth charges you drop and it winds up just being dumb luck to hit the boarts on the bottom once it gets going so fast. ONE boat goes by and you lose a life. This is nothing like Kaboom I've played some good Kaboom games and its night and day here. Perhaps the person in question could just get a quick 200k to show everyone how they did it?
    Dan Desjardins
  6. VERIFIED COMMISSIONER Credibility: 8,000
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    You should be getting a notification when you log in. I'll email you when I want you to look at something from now on but also look into whether or not you're receiving them. Alternatively, do you respond to a Bat Signal?

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    PS to Dave - not sure what "@RTM" is supposed to accomplish, but if this is intended to go to a Twitter feed or some type of internet-based text message, I would be unable to receive.

Other than standard E-MAIL, TG forum and Facebook messaging, I have no other accounts open where I actively communicate on social media, excluding my MARP and DK Forum accounts which I solely use to post scores and an occasional forum reply.

Best way to alert me to a specific thread on the TG forum is to send me a TG PM...I almost missed this thread entirely had I not checked the progress of the Corcoran/Tron dispute.
  7. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 2,348
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    So it appears Ron probably entered this score...... Well I guess we will never know then.

"Ron entered the score" and/or "the human element" seem to be the key to elite gaming.

***Hangs head in shame at having any association with an organization that continues to honor Ron and his past indiscretions***
  8. VERIFIED Legendary Member Credibility: 2,568
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hawksett View Post
    You should be getting a notification when you log in. I'll email you when I want you to look at something from now on but also look into whether or not you're receiving them. Alternatively, do you respond to a Bat Signal?

RTM REPLY - I get notifications that I received a PM, nothing more...but it could also be that this notification shows up in a spot I am unaccustomed to checking out. Where exactly is this seen ? A PM Notification is easy as it shows as a dialogue box so I can't miss it.

Likely no "Bat Signals" where I am...after Los Angeles, NYC likely has the most smog :(
  9. VERIFIED COMMISSIONER Credibility: 8,000
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I can't play your video. If it's evidence can you please upload it?

Quote Originally Posted by danman1234 View Post
    Sorry I have to disagree Robert its pretty much impossible to not loses your lives with the speed of those bottom boats. You have little control on the depth charges you drop and it winds up just being dumb luck to hit the boarts on the bottom once it gets going so fast. ONE boat goes by and you lose a life. This is nothing like Kaboom I've played some good Kaboom games and its night and day here. Perhaps the person in question could just get a quick 200k to show everyone how they did it?
  10. VERIFIED COMMISSIONER Credibility: 8,000
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    @toddrogers Todd, can you recall whether or not this was originally achieved using the demo mode?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Join us