thread

Dispute: John McAllister - Atari 2600 / VCS - Skiing - NTSC - Game 03, Difficulty BB [Fastest Time] - Player: Todd Rogers - Score: 27.51

User Tag List

Is this a valid dispute?

You may not vote on this poll
    You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15
  1. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 2,348
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Todd: thanks for chiming in here. Can you upload video of this technique? That would solve things rather quickly. Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by toddrogers View Post
    Here is an email reply I sent to Dave Hawksett, who asked me to post it here.

“In regards to the score i did do it legit, and when i was confronted by the developer "Bob Whitehead" to show the A/B glitch as you've heard me say, i was shocked that ppl were able to exploit that glitch....and then i kindly asked him WHY did you still manufacture a game knowing that that was still in the program, he just sort of grumbled and walked away, As he was walking away i said to the Bob was this " Wow so your saying that you want me to use those buttons? DO you really want to see a real LOW time then" yeah again he wasn't too happy with my reply.”

I've had this discussion with David Yancey each time i've been to his house trying to replicate this technique where you must glide your skiers left arm looking at the screen through a flag post and then glide back to the left it will reduce your speed time, this is rather hard to replicate but i was able to do this method the last time i visited him, but with out a finished completed time. If you feel that at this current time that the score should be removed , you have my blessing, but in no way back then did i use the A/B button glitch to make that score.

2. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 1,000
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by David Yancey View Post
    Just take a look at random in the Activision newsletters. Pick a person and his score. Next look to see if it is in the TG database. Very few were entered in the TG database, but not very many. Maybe the people that requested that TG accept their scores into the database were accepted? All I know for sure is that none of my scores from the newsletter were ever entered into TG until I provided further proof directly to TG. Maybe the other people who are in the Activision newsletter and the TG database did the same thing? Does that help to clarify my previous statement?
    I cant say this with 100% accuracy, but the scores entered from any Activision newsletter came when requested by the player. The TG database needed a bit more info than just name and score - putting these in without the player involvement from a 3rd party was pretty low on the to do list when the online database was being populated.
    Goochman
    TG Senior Adviser Atari 800/XL/XE '03-'08
    TG Colecovision/Intellivision Referee '98-'03
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15
Join us