thread

Dispute: John McAllister - Arcade - Defender - Points [Tournament Settings] - Player: Bill Jones - Score: 543,950

User Tag List

Is this a valid dispute?

You may not vote on this poll
    You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. 10-16-2017, 11:32 AM
    Awesome performance !! It's always a thrill to watch a world-class "Defender" player in action.

As with the recent "Stargate" dispute, perhaps the better solution is to create a second variation in which "baiter hunting" is allowed, otherwise it is mixing apples with oranges as there is no comparison between the two strategies and outcomes.
  2. 02-10-2018, 07:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastaar View Post
    @Ripper

Stephen Boyer,

You were reportedly the referee that verified the videos for Bill Jones' Stargate and Defender records in 2008.

Can you comment on whether Baiter-hunting was employed?

Do you know where the videos would be now?
    I thought I replied to this in the past but I don't see it now unless I'm over looking it. None the less, both games did indeed use leeching but that was a legal tactic at the time when gamer's could hide their game play. Bill did indeed achieve both scores and filmed the PCB's correctly with the correct dip settings. However, there was so much disbelief afterwards for months that I was asked to send the original videos to the owner of TG at the time. I think that was when TG was actually charging to review replays but I've forgotten his name now. Anyway, the videos are out of my possession now. My personal opinion is to keep these but make it a leech-able track and create another non leech track. I also believe that was already created?
    Stephen K. Boyer
    Former Twin Galaxies Sr. Referee
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Mario Bros. 2-Player Team: 1,517,380 ( Arcade Medium World Record )
    Mario Bros. 2-Player Team: 788,970 ( Arcade Medium NO POW World Record )
    Mario Bros. Single Player MEDIUM 4,260,210 ( MAME World Record )
  3. 02-11-2018, 05:18 AM
    2 Tracks for The Williams Arcade Shooting Game Defender

1. With Baiter Hunting Allowed
    2. One Without Baiter Hunting
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Join us