thread

Dispute: Jeremy Young - M.A.M.E. - Donkey Kong 3 [US] - Points [Marathon] - Player: Steve Schaefer - Score: 307,600

User Tag List

Is this a valid dispute?

This poll is closed
    This poll is closed
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 37
  1. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 1,129
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Building 9
    Posts
    591
    Thanks (Received)
    133
    Likes (Received)
    367
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    54 Thread(s)
    Follows
    29
    Following
    10
    I thought I recall seeing a post by Jeremy awhile back that did an awesome job of outlining the timing differences, when boards max out, etc on easy vs the other difficulties in a way that was very easy to discern how drastically different they can range.
    Currently Playing: Front Page Sports baseball '98 (PC) (using custom built 2017 rosters)
  2. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 2,419
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    315
    Thanks (Received)
    182
    Likes (Received)
    238
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Follows
    7
    Following
    19
    Valid dispute.
    Easy is not medium end of story.
  3. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 23,017
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,577
    Thanks (Received)
    478
    Likes (Received)
    929
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    47 Thread(s)
    Follows
    22
    Following
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by gstrain
    That said, Barra already mentioned several important differences.
    Thank you, George. As the record shows I did in fact thank Andrew for his information. The rest of what you said is again BS for many reasons!

    George. You and me both know that there are NO rules here, only guidelines. So given Jeremys dispute, I once again ask..what's his point? He's disputing on a point that doesn't exist!

    Quote Originally Posted by cuda
    Easy is not medium end of story.
    I agree. I'm sure you will agree when I dispute a score with the fact that 7K free men is not 10K free men, or visa versa.

    john

    .
    Likes cuda, creech liked this post
  4. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 2,419
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    315
    Thanks (Received)
    182
    Likes (Received)
    238
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Follows
    7
    Following
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by lexmark View Post


    I agree. I'm sure you will agree when I dispute a score with the fact that 7K free men is not 10K free men, or visa versa.

    john

    .
    Yes I would. Basic rules like these are easy to follow.So if it was 7k instead of 10k I would reject.
    I myself have made this error in the past and accepted the fact that I didn't follow the rules.
  5. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 5,650
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    2,496
    Thanks (Received)
    489
    Likes (Received)
    1172
    Blog Entries
    1
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: BarraNZ
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Follows
    35
    Following
    21
    Easy yes vote here
  6. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 1,690
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    525
    Thanks (Received)
    380
    Likes (Received)
    676
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Follows
    10
    Following
    8
    Voting yes
  7. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 3,497


    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    808
    Thanks (Received)
    267
    Likes (Received)
    506
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: danman123456
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    55 Thread(s)
    Follows
    23
    Following
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by lexmark View Post
    What's your point, Jeremy. Hows that any different to a Kong score that was accepted on 7K free man instead of the rule stated 10K free man or visa versa ?


    john

    .
    What is the difference in playing a game on easy settings vs playing a game on medium settings? Wow did I really just read that?

    Most people agree in CPS2 submissions (and others) that free play is acceptable now and the experts with these DK games also realize there is no difference in 7k vs 10k extra men. Unless the challenge gets the rules finally fixed to say "Extra lives at either 7k or 10k is acceptable" (Which is what I think it should be) what is the point? Anyway if this is actually on easy vs medium than I think it should be moved to the easy track (if there is one) or removed.
    Dan Desjardins
  8. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 23,017
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,577
    Thanks (Received)
    478
    Likes (Received)
    929
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    47 Thread(s)
    Follows
    22
    Following
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by danman1234
    experts with these DK games also realize there is no difference in 7k vs 10k extra men.
    Is that so, Dan. See bold. Please can you give me the scientific reasoning for yous experts to come to that conclusion!

    john

    .
    Likes creech liked this post
  9. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 3,497


    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    808
    Thanks (Received)
    267
    Likes (Received)
    506
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: danman123456
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    55 Thread(s)
    Follows
    23
    Following
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by lexmark View Post
    Is that so, Dan. See bold. Please can you give me the scientific reasoning for yous experts to come to that conclusion!

    john

    .
    Well I know some have looked at the code and the check it does is a one time thing and people who play the games know the difference. I've played on both settings myself and there is no difference with the game. Again it would be great just to amend the rules to say 7k or 10k setting is fine. Pick your poison.
    Dan Desjardins
  10. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 23,017
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,577
    Thanks (Received)
    478
    Likes (Received)
    929
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    47 Thread(s)
    Follows
    22
    Following
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by danman1234
    Again it would be great just to amend the rules to say 7k or 10k setting is fine. Pick your poison.
    Dan. Amend whatever you like in the future, after a dispute shows that currently those performances/scores are invalid under the current rules. Regardless of anything and everything!



    john

    .
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Join us