thread

Dispute: Jeremy Young - M.A.M.E. - Donkey Kong 3 [US] - Points [Marathon] - Player: Steve Schaefer - Score: 307,600

User Tag List

Is this a valid dispute?

This poll is closed
    This poll is closed
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37
  1. VERIFIED COMMISSIONER Credibility: 8,000
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Leigh-On-Sea, UK
    Posts
    227
    Thanks (Received)
    249
    Likes (Received)
    427
    Blog Entries
    10
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Follows
    17
    Following
    6
    There is currently no track for this game on easy. I would propose creating one and migrating this score to it work.

    I would also like to clarify the rules.

    ‘Bonus Life: 30000
    Additional Bonus: 30000’

    Does this mean the same as:
    ‘Bonus life awarded at 30,000 points.
    Additional bonus awarded at 30,000 points’ ? If so, what is this bonus?

    7K free men/free man vs 10K free men/free man:

    What exactly does this refer to? An extra life (one) awarded upon reaching either 7,000 or 10,000 points? Is this a game setting in addition to the ‘Bonus Life’ and ‘Additional Bonus’?
  2. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 5,588
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    644
    Thanks (Received)
    457
    Likes (Received)
    759
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: xelnia_games
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Follows
    24
    Following
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hawksett View Post
    There is currently no track for this game on easy. I would propose creating one and migrating this score to it work.

    I would also like to clarify the rules.

    ‘Bonus Life: 30000
    Additional Bonus: 30000’

    Does this mean the same as:
    ‘Bonus life awarded at 30,000 points.
    Additional bonus awarded at 30,000 points’ ? If so, what is this bonus?
    "Additional bonus" refers to additional bonus lives. So, with those settings you would receive your first bonus life at 30,000 points and then additional bonus lives every subsequent 30,000 points (@60k, @90k, etc. all the way until the game bugs out and stops giving extras after 1,000,000).

    While the DK3 manual doesn't specify any factory recommendations or default settings, it's generally accepted that "default" is 3 starting lives, 1st bonus at 30k, additional bonus every 30k, and difficulty set on Easy/Difficulty 1. Difficulty settings for this game have caused headaches for years, because they're not labeled the same way among the various sources (the manual, TG, MAME). Check out the link below for more info.

    Donkey Kong 3 Difficulty Reference Chart


    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hawksett View Post
    7K free men/free man vs 10K free men/free man:

    What exactly does this refer to? An extra life (one) awarded upon reaching either 7,000 or 10,000 points? Is this a game setting in addition to the ‘Bonus Life’ and ‘Additional Bonus’?
    This has absolutely nothing to do with Donkey Kong 3. lexmark has sour grapes over the bonus life settings in a Crazy Kong submission and for some reason thinks that applies here.
    Thanks Dave Hawksett thanked this post
    Likes d3scride, Barra liked this post
  3. VERIFIED COMMISSIONER Credibility: 8,000
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Leigh-On-Sea, UK
    Posts
    227
    Thanks (Received)
    249
    Likes (Received)
    427
    Blog Entries
    10
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Follows
    17
    Following
    6
    Thank you Jeremy, this makes it much clearer.

    I assume that, if we added an 'easy' track (difficulty setting 1) the rules should be identical, apart from this setting?
  4. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 5,588
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    644
    Thanks (Received)
    457
    Likes (Received)
    759
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: xelnia_games
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Follows
    24
    Following
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hawksett View Post
    Thank you Jeremy, this makes it much clearer.

    I assume that, if we added an 'easy' track (difficulty setting 1) the rules should be identical, apart from this setting?
    Correct. That would make it a marathon track on Easy difficulty.
  5. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 23,017
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,575
    Thanks (Received)
    477
    Likes (Received)
    927
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    47 Thread(s)
    Follows
    22
    Following
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by xelina
    lexmark has sour grapes over the bonus life settings in a Crazy Kong submission and for some reason thinks that applies here.
    At no point did I imply that what I said had anything to do with this submission. Jeremy knows that because he actually explained that it's a CK submission I'm talking about!

    Quote Originally Posted by xelina
    it's generally accepted
    Dave H. Let me translate that for you........= me and my colluding friends will make any excuse to get one of our friends score through!
    My point being... don't make your excuses "after the fact"! i.e...show me the math, in your submission that proves your conclusions correct! Otherwise just play by the rules. Easy!


    john

    .
  6. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 5,644
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    2,495
    Thanks (Received)
    489
    Likes (Received)
    1172
    Blog Entries
    1
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: BarraNZ
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Follows
    34
    Following
    22
    Lexmark come on mate you don't even play CK or DK, it has no absolutely no effect on you whatsoever.
    Either dispute it or let it be.

    Actually a dispute might be way to go so we can get the rules amended. Either way, money where your mouth is.
  7. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 23,017
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,575
    Thanks (Received)
    477
    Likes (Received)
    927
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    47 Thread(s)
    Follows
    22
    Following
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by barra
    Actually a dispute might be way to go so we can get the rules amended
    Given that you and John didn't show the science/math that would corroborate your assumptions, in your submissions, then the only way forward is to count those scores as invalid. You guys can submit to another less prestigious track later!
    If yous have conclusive code in motion evidence supporting your position then I'll accept your, and his re-submission :)

    Barra. Lets fix this now so that peeps don't have to fix it in 30 years! Cough, cough ...Dragster.

    john

    .
  8. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 5,644
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    2,495
    Thanks (Received)
    489
    Likes (Received)
    1172
    Blog Entries
    1
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: BarraNZ
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Follows
    34
    Following
    22
    Xelnia provided the relevant piece of code in another thread.
    Likes rotunda liked this post
  9. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 4,889
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,308
    Thanks (Received)
    563
    Likes (Received)
    899
    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Follows
    39
    Following
    1
    Voting yes, clear breach of rule set. Easy accept.
    Likes Barra liked this post
  10. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 23,017
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,575
    Thanks (Received)
    477
    Likes (Received)
    927
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    47 Thread(s)
    Follows
    22
    Following
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Barra View Post
    Xelnia provided the relevant piece of code in another thread.
    BS!. the best he did was to tell me that "the relevant code was the same as the DK code" So what! What's your point in saying that. I may have missed something though. Show me (his quote) that your talking about ?

    john

    .
    Likes Barra liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Join us