thread

Points cancelled!

User Tag List

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. VERIFIED Junior Member Credibility: 1,057
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    9
    Thanks (Received)
    4
    Likes (Received)
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    2
    Following
    4

    Points cancelled!

    I tried to upload a score...but the video wasn't uploaded, and the post was on!
    I canceled the post (futile to vote on a score without video, i thought), but now i'm without SP and i couldn't upload any longer!
    What should i do now?
    Thx for reply
  2. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 3,376
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Oceanside, CA
    Posts
    524
    Thanks (Received)
    216
    Likes (Received)
    213
    Blog Entries
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    58 Thread(s)
    Follows
    18
    Following
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Fivest View Post
    I tried to upload a score...but the video wasn't uploaded, and the post was on!
    I canceled the post (futile to vote on a score without video, i thought), but now i'm without SP and i couldn't upload any longer!
    What should i do now?
    Thx for reply
    tl;dr: You need to adjudicate correctly and gain 3 submission points that way in order to submit your record, this helps the ecosystem, so you know a score is good when somebody doesn't cheat, or bad when somebody does, yes for valid exact scores from adjudication posts without cheating, no for invalid, sometimes wrongly entered, scores maybe with cheating involved, multicarts do not count as cheating as they store games, but Game Genie codes inside some multicarts have to be set to off or have none entered or blank as Game Genie (or GameShark or Action Replay) codes are cheats.

    I have told you these details so you can adjudicate correctly, and not lose credibility points, the higher the credibility, the more your vote tips the yes/no scale in your favor, but make sure your adjudicating is correct or loss of credibility points will happen...

    Otherwise, here's the rest of the post I was originally going to start with, so you can upload a video:

    Hello, I understand your problem, did you attach a video with a correct video format and waited? If so, I think that maybe I'll tell you how to upload a video...

    1.) Make sure you already have a complete attempt and score (or time or whatever) on video (through capture card, or whatever). Make sure it's in an acceptable video format. This is the important first step, make sure you don't cheat.

    2.) I originally had problems uploading videos from my file browser to Twin Galaxies, unless I used Firefox. I always use Firefox now, but I originally had trouble with Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer. If you had trouble uploading the video, make sure you use Firefox or other said "actually-working" browser if possible.

    3.) Upload your record by finding a game track, making sure it's the correct game for your video attempt, and put in the score (or time or whatever) you received, attach the video through the file browser, make a great description about your record, include times when things happen (like score rollovers), and hit "submit", you must have 3 SP in order to submit a score, it usually takes 3 correct adjudications to get 3 SP (I think), so make sure you have that.

    4.) The loading bar should move. If it doesn't, try to use Firefox, as that worked for me. When the loading bar has finished, it should redirect from the upload page to your record page in the adjudication area of TG's website. If it says "video successfully uploaded" just wait a bit, it is uploading the video to TG's website and will be up soon, do not cancel, unless you entered your score wrong, or the "uploaded" message doesn't show up.

    5.) The video should be uploaded, make sure to hit yes on the "is this a valid score" box if your record is legitimate. It will give you free Submission Points and Credibility Points if the record is accepted.

    That's it, users will check your score to see if it is legit, and then, (most likely) check yes if you didn't cheat and the score on the post is correct. It will take a few days to weeks in order to get your score accepted, unless things happen or it's very confusing. Make sure your evidence is clear.

    That's all, thanks,

    Sincerely,
    Alex Ashburn AKA Pr3Ci510n
    Thanks Fivest, noyasystem thanked this post
    Likes Fivest liked this post
  3. VERIFIED Honored Veteran Credibility: 27,310


    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    No' 'ere
    Posts
    20,179
    Thanks (Received)
    6544
    Likes (Received)
    6417
    Blog Entries
    133
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: barthax
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    48 Thread(s)
    Follows
    86
    Following
    78
    In future, tag @admin staff into the Submission thread requesting it get checked before canceling it. If its a genuine upload problem then they may be able to revive the video link.

    Are you on my radar?
    I'd rather be last on every game than throw my time away chasing only one score.
    Thanks Fivest thanked this post
    Likes Fivest liked this post
  4. VERIFIED Junior Member Credibility: 1,057
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    9
    Thanks (Received)
    4
    Likes (Received)
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    2
    Following
    4
    Thanks a lot for answers
    Video was .mov (registered by IPad to be clear), so i was confident for the extension file
    I used Chrome to upload, and maybe that's the problem
    I adjucate a dozen submission right now, watched all the videos and seemed all good, so all yes.
    I'll get 3 points and retry
    Thx again

    P.S. Paper Toss 2.0 is equal to Paper Toss Boss? Because i checked and seems like one is the upgrade of the other, but maybe for the record is invalid, i don't know...
  5. VERIFIED Honored Veteran Credibility: 27,310


    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    No' 'ere
    Posts
    20,179
    Thanks (Received)
    6544
    Likes (Received)
    6417
    Blog Entries
    133
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: barthax
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    48 Thread(s)
    Follows
    86
    Following
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by Fivest View Post
    Thanks a lot for answers
    Video was .mov (registered by IPad to be clear), so i was confident for the extension file
    I used Chrome to upload, and maybe that's the problem
    I adjucate a dozen submission right now, watched all the videos and seemed all good, so all yes.
    I'll get 3 points and retry
    Thx again

    P.S. Paper Toss 2.0 is equal to Paper Toss Boss? Because i checked and seems like one is the upgrade of the other, but maybe for the record is invalid, i don't know...
    Just found the canceled submission: http://www.twingalaxies.com/showthre...berto-Poggioli

    So the video didn't even make it to the thread which suggests something went wrong on the forum before you clicked Submit (and then confirmed the Submit). When you add the video, what should happen is you get a queue of videos underneath the Browse button (obviously listing only the one video). Make sure that appears before clicking Submit.

    (I'd give an screenshot example but I can't submit at the moment due to a bug/bugs which is unrelated.)

    Are you on my radar?
    I'd rather be last on every game than throw my time away chasing only one score.
    Thanks Fivest, HugDD thanked this post
    Likes Fivest, HugDD liked this post
  6. VERIFIED Junior Member Credibility: 1,057
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    9
    Thanks (Received)
    4
    Likes (Received)
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    2
    Following
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Barthax View Post
    Just found the canceled submission: http://www.twingalaxies.com/showthre...berto-Poggioli

    So the video didn't even make it to the thread which suggests something went wrong on the forum before you clicked Submit (and then confirmed the Submit). When you add the video, what should happen is you get a queue of videos underneath the Browse button (obviously listing only the one video). Make sure that appears before clicking Submit.

    (I'd give an screenshot example but I can't submit at the moment due to a bug/bugs which is unrelated.)
    i saw the video uploading and then website asked me to submit, i thought the upload was ended, so i clicked to finish
    i'll give more attention next time
    thx
    Likes Barthax liked this post
  7. VERIFIED Honored Veteran Credibility: 27,310


    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    No' 'ere
    Posts
    20,179
    Thanks (Received)
    6544
    Likes (Received)
    6417
    Blog Entries
    133
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: barthax
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    48 Thread(s)
    Follows
    86
    Following
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by Fivest View Post
    i saw the video uploading and then website asked me to submit, i thought the upload was ended, so i clicked to finish
    i'll give more attention next time
    thx
    Different symptoms than I expected but the form should automatically change to the newly submitted thread. :)

    Are you on my radar?
    I'd rather be last on every game than throw my time away chasing only one score.
    Thanks Fivest thanked this post
    Likes Fivest liked this post
Join us