thread

Dispute: Jeremy Young - Arcade - Donkey Kong - Points [Hammer Allowed] - Player: Billy L Mitchell - Score: 1,062,800

User Tag List

Is this a valid dispute?

You may not vote on this poll
    You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
Page 101 of 140 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1395
  1. 02-12-2018, 07:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by thegamer1185 View Post
    Essentially I'm saying he rigged it for direct capture, but Billy then used MAME as the "direct capture" video. It fits if you ask me, and worked up to this dispute.
    Billy made a spliced together MAME recording.
    He knew direct feed didn't record sound.
    He put the MAME recording on a tape to cover up the splicing and explain the lack of sound in the gameplay.
    He orchestrated an event with a direct feed arcade setup and performed.
    The few folks there were kept back too far to see the score closely while he played (later this was turned into a 100 people and everyone was watching which once put into print becomes the mantra).
    He "get's" the record, claims victory, and hands his bogus tape over to Todd (or whomever).
    the rest, as they say, is history.

Bottom line, this is not a crazy scenario. If you read about master forgers and con men, this is a pretty straightforward and simple con. It literally takes no one except Billy (and one other person willing to stretch the "truth" in a seemingly inconsequential way)to pull off. Think about it:

If we gave Todd the benefit of the doubt: I can imagine Billy calling him up one day and saying "I've got this tape with this score I just got. It's direct feed. I'm going to submit it, but I was thinking it'd be better for TG publicity-wise if I "do" it live. We won't be lying about the score, we'll just stretch the truth about when I did it for the greater good" Todd says, "yeah that makes sense."

Billy calls Robert and says "Hey, I need a direct feed machine set up, I'm going to do a live DK attempt." Robert says , okay, and sets it up.

A bubble is set up around Billy while he's playing that doesn't allow folks to get too close for distraction purposes. It's close enough that they can kind of see the screen, but far enough that no one wants to stand there watching continuously for a couple hours. When no one else is standing there, Billy says, "hey, I did it, I broke the record" all he would need to do to even show the record on the screen is score 62,800 and then end the game since he supposedly killed off his men.

There might have been 100 people there. It is an arcade after all with an event going on. When I set my Dr. Mario arcade record at Funspot there were at least 200 people there that day. There were only about 4 watching when I broke the record though.

All of this creates this "huge" group of people that according to camp Billy can't be in on a conspiracy of this magnitude. And yet, when it gets broken down, it turns out it just takes Billy creating a con, and Todd telling an "inconsequential" lie to fabricate this entire thing. Everyone else could literally do what they were supposed to by the book (Robert's description of his direct feed set up for example seems legit) and it would seem like the record was broken that day.
  2. 02-12-2018, 07:52 AM
    So I think I see what is happening here. So there are many truths coming out regarding this dispute. Firstly, it was done using MAME. Arguing that point, or lack thereof is a waste of time, that's why they aren't arguing it. They are trying to find any way to replicate it, which I know enough and am not even close to an expert know you an image can't be changed until after recording it. They could copy poorly, but that's about it. All changes are afterwards using software. That's my simple minded take on, even if it's wrong.

There are a lot of people around Billy trying to attach themselves to his fame. I can't say for sure but this looks like the I'm hanging with the popular kid in school in hopes I become more popular. Or in this,maybe get in some these documentaries.

Lastly, I'm starting to think the technician that did the "rigging" actually did things properly. He keeps saying he did it this way, now there is another technician backing him saying that's how you do it. If you think about it, he is going the opposite way of the high school popular guy statements and is trying to clear himself. Would you want your name attached to this ****? I wouldn't if I had nothing to do with what the evidence is suggesting. The guys job is Arcade repairs, and to be trustworthy at that. Call me crazy, I believe heset up the rig exactly how they wanted it to be, and the aftermath had nothing to do with him. It makes a lot of sense.

We've all been in a scenario at one point where it was getting out of control and we all said, nope I was here doing my job, I don't give a **** what was happening over there. I'm staying out of it.
    if the did things properly then how come he installed a dk jr board for billy to play donkey kong on?
    Mr. Do's Castle champ
    Lode Runner champ
    Other kid's games champ

Adult Games: Street Fighter champ
    Thanks karljobst thanked this post
    Likes karljobst liked this post
  3. 02-12-2018, 09:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    if the did things properly then how come he installed a dk jr board for billy to play donkey kong on?
    There are so many BS things going on I might as well attempt to answer it. Maybe Billy "supplied" the boards and asked him do it. It's Rob's job, why would he care. Maybe Rob only knows how to install the boards and can't identify boards. Maybe this was just a staged re-enactment showing that boards where swapped "for evidence". You could name tons of them. I'm being told we can't overlook testimonies and statements. So far we have Rob saying that's you do it, and another guy confirming it. The above scenarios could all happen. Some of them make more sense then others. Hell, the cab is a DK cab. For all we know, Billy and them unplugged it, asked Rob to do it. Rob said sure, took the board out and put in an actual DK board not paying attention to the board. I don't know, it's just a theory. Might as well cover all these possibilities while they are happening since we are still waiting for a debunk of the evidence being MAME or how it is possible to completely change the rendering of a game by recording device.

Also, I like to think that there are some innocent people involved in this and didn't know what they may be involved in. This whole thing just sucks.
    Likes DadsGlasses liked this post
  4. 02-12-2018, 09:19 AM
    There are so many BS things going on I might as well attempt to answer it. Maybe Billy "supplied" the boards and asked him do it. It's Rob's job, why would he care. Maybe Rob only knows how to install the boards and can't identify boards. Maybe this was just a staged re-enactment showing that boards where swapped "for evidence". You could name tons of them. I'm being told we can't overlook testimonies and statements. So far we have Rob saying that's you do it, and another guy confirming it. The above scenarios could all happen. Some of them make more sense then others. Hell, the cab is a DK cab. For all we know, Billy and them unplugged it, asked Rob to do it. Rob said sure, took the board out and put in an actual DK board not paying attention to the board. I don't know, it's just a theory. Might as well cover all these possibilities while they are happening since we are still waiting for a debunk of the evidence being MAME or how it is possible to completely change the rendering of a game by recording device.

Also, I like to think that there are some innocent people involved in this and didn't know what they may be involved in. This whole thing just sucks.
    Damn it, I really hate this no editing crap in disputes...Edits below.

Hell, the cab is a DK cab. For all we know, Billy and them unplugged it, asked Rob to do it. Rob said sure, took the board out and put in an actual DKJR board not paying attention to the board. I don't know, it's just a theory.
  5. 02-12-2018, 09:30 AM
    Damn it, I really hate this no editing crap in disputes...Edits below.

Hell, the cab is a DK cab. For all we know, Billy and them unplugged it, asked Rob to do it. Rob said sure, took the board out and put in an actual DKJR board not paying attention to the board. I don't know, it's just a theory.
    its on the video, no need to theorize. He takes out a donkey kong junior and then puts the same donkey junior board back in for the "board swap" between billys "dual world records" on both games.
    Mr. Do's Castle champ
    Lode Runner champ
    Other kid's games champ

Adult Games: Street Fighter champ
  6. 02-12-2018, 09:30 AM
    Correct me if I am wrong but I don't recall Morning Dove (Todd's girlfriend) ever being an official ref you would send tapes to or have scores verified by. If anyone ever had any scores verified by her please let us know. So the whole "two refs had to verify any 1 million point scores at live events" in this situation would be wrong. That alone should have thrown the whole live verification out the window in this situation. I think in this case they looked at Todd's credibility and for some strange reason lumped his girlfriend in with that credibility he had at that time. It's along the lines of just because this guy is a plumber doesn't mean his friends are qualified to do the same job.
  7. 02-12-2018, 09:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by LMDAVE View Post
    Just for the record, page 1 of this thread, the original post has the board swap video with the original audio before it was changed to opera music.
    LOL I Was searching for any videos about Billy Mitchel when Rob`s NEW video of the board swap pop up ...i watch it carefully in hopes to see how Billy uses direct feed. But then i could see it was the same board being swap in and out of the cab. I suspected cheating going on, The part where Billy turns the camera on his self and for a min i think was intestinal in order to give Rob a chance to hide the pcb and act like he`s pulling another one out).. I immediately recorded the video then i contacted Robert Childs. I telling him i know he did and the video a fake board swap. a few Hour`s later Rob didn't take the YouTube video down but remove the audio of him implying there was a Donkey Kong PCB being taken out of the Cab. i sent my copy of the original video to a few DK Players and Walter Day , Walters reaction was he no longer has anything to do with TG and i should tell TG about it.. Anyhow hear we are today 8 years later , i have only one question for Robert Childs why you do it man! why did you tamper with the evidence and try to cover it up Man? :) god chose of music Rob, Billy can will use it as swan song when this all over. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvJEaAYSp9k
    Likes Snowflake liked this post
  8. 02-12-2018, 09:58 AM
    Any Video Game Player Especially if they Broke a World Record would Show The WR Time or Score They Set on the Arcade Game without a doubt.
    I JJT Johnny Have Adjudicated 14,865 Video Game Submission Every Single Twin Galaxy Member Always 100% Showed a Close up of Their High Score or Fastest Time Especially a World Record Performance on a Arcade Game.

It Look like it was for Show to Say that Billy did it in a Public Venue But Never Showing His WR DK Score it Was Set up like a Magic Act A Slight of Hand I worked with Magician as a Assistant this is My Perspective on what I saw in the So Called DK & DK Jr. Board Swap Really Suspicious Indeed.
    JJT JohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on the Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,741 Wins 43 Cities
    Likes adwinistator liked this post
  9. 02-12-2018, 10:03 AM
    Question to Any Twin Galaxy Members or Twin Galaxy Staff

Can Any Twin Galaxy Present the Actual Video Complete Game Play Of Billy Mitchell Arcade Donkey Kong Points Hammer Allowed World Record Score at the Time of 1,062,800 So All Twin Galaxy Members Can See it to Verify?

If The Video of Billy Mitchell Arcade Donkey Kong Points Hammer Allowed World Record Score at the Time of 1,062,800 Shows that
    Billy Actually Played At Boomers Amusement Park

This is What Would Be on the Video Without Question I been their Many Times then their would be Colored Lights, Sounds Of Arcade Games, Music Sounds, Sounds of People Walking By or Near, Announcements on the Loud Speaker, Kids Playing & Laughing.

If this is Not on Billy's Arcade Donkey Kong Game Play Then without a doubt Billy Never Ever Played Their Simple As That.
    JJT JohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on the Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,741 Wins 43 Cities
  10. Roy Shildts Todd Rogers

02-12-2018, 10:53 AM
    This is Roy Shildts Clip from his "DK MC Conspiriacy pt6" video,, at the video hall of fame Aug 7th 2010 talking with Todd Rogers and asking questions about boomers.... This was posted earlier in the thread but maybe a few you miss it ,, its cued up at the start of Todd inteview by Roy :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKTK...ature=youtu.be
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender, The Evener liked this post
Page 101 of 140 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 ... LastLast
Join us