thread

Dispute: Jeremy Young - Arcade - Donkey Kong - Points [Hammer Allowed] - Player: Billy L Mitchell - Score: 1,062,800

User Tag List

Is this a valid dispute?

You may not vote on this poll
    You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
Page 11 of 128 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast
  1. 09-08-2017, 03:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by thegamer1185 View Post
    So then how can you/anybody believe he actually took money to enter false scores? He could be making it up to hurt others because he doesn't like them.
    I dont fully, I explained that in earlier comments. As i said when the first came up is, when someone says they lied, either it means they lied then or they're lying now. Therefore I do know for sure they're a liar but dont which time the lie was. As we know for sure he's a liar it brings into question everything else he said. Also, either its true he did it for money, or he actually thinks lying about doing it for money was clever. Anyone who thinks lying and saying they did a score for money is a good idea says alot about them. So although I dont think we can use his "confession" against billy, I absolutely think we can use it when determining if we believe anything he says or anything he verifies.
    Mr. Do's Castle champ
    Lode Runner champ
    Other kid's games champ

Adult Games: Street Fighter champ
    Likes Robert.F liked this post
  2. 09-08-2017, 03:26 PM
    Whether you believe PSP or not, he has outlined the following scenario:

-Mitchell's score was not verified on the eve of the event
    -TG referees were asked to vote by secret ballot whether to accept the score on the day of the event
    -a majority voted yes

It would seem to me the simplest action would be to confirm that a vote took place; according to PSP, it involved all TG referees at that time. How many individuals would that be? More than five?

As well, might the closed TG referee archives contain any discussion following the event about the vote/subsequent entry of the score into the database that would corroborate PSP's account?
    Likes Snowflake liked this post
  3. 09-08-2017, 06:32 PM
    From the Bottom Video at about :40 Seconds in When Billy Mitchael States that their were many World Champions Video Game Players from Boomers many Years ago

he was talking about Grand Prix Race 'O' Rama at the Time The Worlds Largest Arcade Game Room in the Early 80's Built like a Castle I JJT Estimate 4,000 Arcade Games & Redemption Machine's

With Rows of 20 Defender, Pac-Man, Galaga, Donkey Kong, Robotron etc. It was a Awesome site Wow! I lived just up the Road about a Half a Mile away I JJT Johnny went there every day Open 24 Hours a Day

It Started out in the early 70's Pinball Machine's later Go Karts & Bike Races Then Arcade Games etc.

it was Off of State 84 & University Drive Close to the The Florida Turnpike in Fort Lauderdale, Florida it Later Moved to Dania off Ih-95 they were Bought Out and Renamed it Boomers Originally from California.

Quote Originally Posted by xelnia View Post
    For context, Billy supposedly set a new record on Donkey Kong (this 1.06M score) and then immediately followed that up by setting a new record on Donkey Kong Jr. This occured, and was claimed to be recorded, at a Boomers park in Florida with witnesses being TG referee Todd Rogers and Todd's significant-other-but-also-TG-referee MorningDove Mahoney. The Board Swap Video supposedly shows the downtime between the two records when one of Billy's friends, Robert Childs, is swapping out the Donkey Kong PCB for the Donkey Kong Jr. PCB. However, there is no Donkey Kong PCB in the above video. Childs is swapping a Donkey Kong Jr. PCB for another (or probably the same) Donkey Kong Jr. PCB.

When this was pointed out in the comments section of the YouTube video, those comments were deleted and the audio was muted and swapped out for some royalty-free music that YouTube provides...but not before the original video with original audio had been saved.

This raises many questions, but here's what stands out in my mind.

1) If everything was performed and recorded legitimately, why go through the motions to record a board swap video using only a DKJR board? And then why mute the video?

2) If the board swap video is a deliberate falsification, created to give the impression that everything is being done legitimately, then it's not unreasonable to think that other facts regarding this score may have been falsified.

3) It's been shown that Todd Rogers was anything but an impartial referee with impeccable integrity during his tenure at TG. Numerous scores supposedly done by him are under dispute, his history of self-entering scores into the database has been confirmed, and the other verifying referee during this score attempt was his significant other. In my opinion, any score verified simply by the word of Todd Rogers has a serious credibility problem.

4) Billy's previous 1M+ scores all had some sort of video evidence. The quality of that evidence has been questioned, but they at least exist. A 1.014M tape was viewed by Robert Mruczek but never submitted to TG. Billy's 1.047M and 1.05M are "direct feed" performances, claimed to be live, but with no actual known witnesses.

5) Billy has never demonstrated live that he capable of the scores that TG gives him credit for. He has never scored over 1,000,000 in a live, neutral venue.

Other videos from this Boomers session are:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvdrEgk2l6g
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFLGF933tgc

There is questionable body language (stepping back to block the arcade machine...why not just show us the score?) and odd comments (Robert just got out of bed? Wasn't he just here swapping boards?) in those videos.

You can also find more conversation regarding this score over on DKF: Strange Scores
  4. 09-08-2017, 06:49 PM
    The Player JJT Juan Torres , Jack Gale Doris Self, Billy Michael, Chris Ayra, Stephan Krogman and Many More who Played at Gran Prix 'O' Rama in the Golden Age of Classic Arcade Gaming in the early 80's

Here my Prediction I see Billy Mitchael coming out of Retirement inside of 1 Year he will Try to WR on Donkey Kong.Donkey Kong jr. m Ms. Pac-Man, Burgertime.

If anything since some Twin Galaxy Members doubt him and are questioning he will no doubt show that he Can do it Live getting at 1.100 Million on Donkey Kong & DK jr 1.3 Million Maybe Burgertime 8 million, or try Ms Pac-Man

Billy Loves the Spot Light and Showmanship, and Be the Center of Attention what Better Time to do it. I JJT Johnny am 4 Half Year Older that him I have watched him over the Years their Are Patterns that are Consistent with Billy Something will happen within a Year for sure No doubt

Now with This Dispute is just insures it for sure.

I agree with you all their Funny and Inconsistent & Questionable things in these videos.

It is like watching a Magic Show , or Broadway show you do not know what is behind the Curtain.
  5. 09-09-2017, 02:43 AM
    Here my Prediction I see Billy Mitchael coming out of Retirement inside of 1 Year he will Try to WR on Donkey Kong.Donkey Kong jr. m Ms. Pac-Man, Burgertime.

If anything since some Twin Galaxy Members doubt him and are questioning he will no doubt show that he Can do it Live getting at 1.100 Million on Donkey Kong & DK jr 1.3 Million Maybe Burgertime 8 million, or try Ms Pac-Man
    Although I find this doubtful, I would love to see that happen!
  6. Billy need a spanking

09-13-2017, 05:59 PM
    Billy needs a spanking ,,,, There no concrete proof this score was achieved on the day in question,,, Tape`s (TAPES?) with no sound are the only advance that the score was play out... but by whom? the probability are endless... Maybe Billy has people chained up in his basement cranking out Donkey Kong tapes for him; that why there no sound, for the porpoises to hide there moaning and groaning on them poor soles. Maybe billy got that score on his own with his Frankenstein recording setup (direct feed to a vcr no sound),,,, Either way there was collusion invalid in this and direct deception all the way, is what I`m saying, Enough that would get any TG submission disallowed , and i even thing back in the day ,,,,, Billy needs a spanking he need`s to eat some crow,,,,,, manipulation and distortion of the facts "Hay Billy What The **** is up with that"
    Likes tudose, d3scride, bjh13 liked this post
  7. 09-15-2017, 08:59 AM
    dwayne [08|Jan 11:08:50 PM]: did anyone know hank did a power point presentation to get bills score removed long time ago
    dwayne [08|Jan 11:09:24 PM]: that was when dave was referee and the new crew took over

can anybody shed some light on this? i know for a fact that it happened, but not much is clear about how exactly it went down or what specific pieces of evidence were provided. dwayne had a lot to say about billy and todd during his visits to DKF shoutbox a couple years ago...
    Likes rotunda, Barra, Robert.F liked this post
  8. 09-15-2017, 04:07 PM
    Okay, here's a staff photo from 2010. Can anybody name the rest?

1) Pete Bouvier (RIP)
    2)
    3) Dave Nelson
    4)
    5) Patrick Scott Patterson
    6)
    7)
    8)
    9) Adam Wood
    10)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post