thread

Dispute: Jeremy Young - Arcade - Donkey Kong - Points [Hammer Allowed] - Player: Billy L Mitchell - Score: 1,062,800

User Tag List

Is this a valid dispute?

You may not vote on this poll
    You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17
  1. VERIFIED Legendary Member Credibility: 2,568
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by HectorTelloc View Post
    Just kidding RTM, you know I love you <3

RTM REPLY - you are of course referring to your enjoyment of my lengthy forum replies and shared anecdotes, otherwise...

438735.jpg
    Thanks HectorTelloc, jjt_defender thanked this post
  2. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 5,588
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: xelnia_games
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    I may have missed a previous explanation of this, but you mention that numerous recordings contain no sound. How might not having sound relate to the validity of a submission? For what purpose might a gamer not record with sound other than an occasional recording error?
    For DK, not having sound can mask some tell-tale signs of MAME usage. Earlier versions of MAME did not emulate the DK sounds very well, relying on WAV samples instead. It wasn't until version 0.116 or thereabouts that full emulation of all sounds was implemented, and there is a very clear difference. Sound quality aside, older versions of MAME don't (or can't) emulate the true sound of a DK machine being switched on. On a real machine, this initial and distinctive "squawk" sound is the result of all the game sounds being played simultaneously. In older MAME, this sound was replaced with Donkey Kong's "growl" sound on boot up. On a related note, when MAME boots up DK, the rug pattern is all 0s, in different colors, every time. When a real machine boots up or is reset, the rug pattern is still multi-colored, but filled with random graphical garbage. None of the available footage of Billy's games show any sort of boot up or reset.

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    One small tidbit - I am guessing that "@RTM" creates some social-media-based tag of a sort to get that person's attention.

If so, I haven't a clue how that works as I neither own a SmartPhone nor use any text-messaging app.

So no need to tag a post like that. Send me a PM to draw my attention to something...I'm very "old school" when it comes to messaging.
    It's not intended for any outside social media. I believe it only functions within TG and it creates a notification in the upper right (the Earth icon) that a person has been mentioned in a thread.
  3. VERIFIED Legendary Member Credibility: 2,568
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    [QUOTE=xelnia;932442It's not intended for any outside social media. I believe it only functions within TG and it creates a notification in the upper right (the Earth icon) that a person has been mentioned in a thread.[/QUOTE]

RTM REPLY - thanks for the info !!
  4. VERIFIED Legendary Member Credibility: 2,568
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Apologies to Xenia...my memory ain't what it used to be.

WEDNESDAY, the day before the ACAM event started, is where we started to watch that first DK tape in my cabin

THURSDAY, the first day of the event, Kuh brought the tape to show it in the Cram cabin

FRIDAY, the second day of the event, we watched the second third in my cabin.

SATURDAY, that's the day Kuh tried to place the TV set on top of the DK machine at ACAM and also when STeve set the 985K live while Bill's tape was playing 15 feet away on a TV set at the back of ACAM

Sorry, got the dates wrong !! It's been awhile :)

Robert
    Likes HectorTelloc liked this post
  5. VERIFIED Member Credibility: 1,078
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    34 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Oh please, give me a break! I vote no!