thread

Dispute: Jeremy Young - Arcade - Donkey Kong - Points [Hammer Allowed] - Player: Billy L Mitchell - Score: 1,062,800

User Tag List

Is this a valid dispute?

You may not vote on this poll
    You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
Page 107 of 131 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 105 106 107 108 109 117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1310
  1. 02-13-2018, 01:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by maximumsteve View Post
    *snip* when he is proven innocent? Will TG or the froth-filled forum members even apologize? If they did, what would it be worth?
    I don't know sometimes apologies can be worth quite a bit. For an example: if someone were perhaps a good person, with a loving family, maybe even an owner of businesses, a pillar of the community. Someone well liked, well known, friendly to the vast majority they run in to. Someone that has proven themselves time and again, for decades. If someone like that were to apologize, say: I'm sorry, I messed up, I believed others were cheating and I did the same. It all inadvertently blew up way out of control thanks to the movie and I just lost it for a bit.

They could perhaps go on and apologize to their family, friends, supporters, all of those they let down over the years. Something like that could go a long way.
    Likes Robert.F, DadsGlasses, Blackflag82 liked this post
  2. 02-13-2018, 01:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by maxim_recoil View Post
    Yes, it can do that, and that wouldn't be working in reverse, but rather, that would be exactly what it was designed to do. It is designed to allow you to connect a non-Nintendo boardset (normal/uninverted video) to the monitor. When used with a Nintendo boardset (inverted video), you use the pass-through connection, which means it is doing absolutely nothing. You can also bypass it completely like I do, and plug the RGB wire bundle directly into the RGB input header on the monitor chassis. It isn't used with a Nintendo boardset because the monitor chassis itself inverts colors by default. If you did use it with a Nintendo boardset, you'd be starting with inverted colors, the inverter board would invert them back to normal colors, and then the monitor chassis would invert them again and you'd see inverted colors on the screen.
    Yeah, you're right. Had my wires crossed there for a second (no pun intended).
    Matthew 21:22

Street Fighter (15th) Anniversary Collection: Hyper Street Fighter II World Champion (PS2)

My current collection: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKzvF3dRPsw
  3. 02-13-2018, 01:19 PM
    ^And this is an extremely valuable point! How exactly was an inverter board, which either passes through inverted video or inverts non-inverted video...in either case, what is spit out of the other end is INVERTED VIDEO...how was that device used in a chain of only that device and a RGB-to-NTSC encoder, used to produce and capture video that is NOT inverted?!?!
    Matthew 21:22

Street Fighter (15th) Anniversary Collection: Hyper Street Fighter II World Champion (PS2)

My current collection: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKzvF3dRPsw
  4. 02-13-2018, 01:38 PM
    I don’t think Joel West understands the evidence against Billy.

I dont think Joel West understands the current Dispute System that Twin Galaxies has in place.
  5. 02-13-2018, 01:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DadsGlasses View Post
    I don’t think Joel West understands the evidence against Billy.

I dont think Joel West understands the current Dispute System that Twin Galaxies has in place.
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I know these things...
  6. 02-13-2018, 01:46 PM
    ie. I know Joel West doesn't understand the dispute
    Likes Snowflake liked this post
  7. 02-13-2018, 01:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackflag82 View Post
    ie. I know Joel West doesn't understand the dispute
    Speculation. Otherwise why Joel say the things he has said? I jest, of course.
    Likes Blackflag82 liked this post
  8. 02-13-2018, 01:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by thegamer1185 View Post
    Speculation. Otherwise why Joel say the things he has said? I jest, of course.
    If I'm wrong, I'll offer a heart felt apology which won't be worth very much for some reason or another...
  9. 02-13-2018, 03:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by YesAffinity View Post
    ^And this is an extremely valuable point! How exactly was an inverter board, which either passes through inverted video or inverts non-inverted video...in either case, what is spit out of the other end is INVERTED VIDEO...how was that device used in a chain of only that device and a RGB-to-NTSC encoder, used to produce and capture video that is NOT inverted?!?!
    Again, the inverter board doesn't know or care whether it's being fed normal or inverted video; it will invert anything you feed it. If you feed it inverted video it will output normal video, and vice versa. In the case of a direct-feed setup from a Nintendo boardset, you would be feeding it inverted video and it would output normal video, which is what you want for the RGB-to-NTSC converter and the VCR.

With a Nintendo boardset, when going to the Sanyo monitor (as opposed to an RGB-to-NTSC converter and VCR), you do not use the function of the inverter board (you use the pass-through header or bypass the board altogether) because the monitor's chassis (i.e., the main PCB of the monitor) also inverts the colors by default, so if you did that there would be two instances of color inversion in the same chain, which would cancel each other out, leaving you back where you started, i.e., you would see inverted colors on the monitor.

To summarize: the Sanyo monitor's chassis inverts whatever is coming out of the color inverter board, but an RGB-to-NTSC converter and VCR do not invert anything.
    Thanks timhett thanked this post
    Likes YesAffinity liked this post
  10. 02-13-2018, 03:39 PM
    I feel I need to clarify something. I was in no way calling MaximumSteve a coward in my last few posts. I was calling those people who do not come here themselves to make those posts the cowards, in this case Joel West. I don't think the messengers are cowards since they are just relaying things for people. All I can say to them is please have those people do it themselves so there can't be any misinterpretation of ones words to the other. I've stated that a few times already. My apologies to MaximumSteve for my actions appearing as though I was referring to him as the coward. I can't remember what page it was on but when he came over to talk about this dispute instead of on facebook I was thankful for that. Anyways, again Steve, apologies.
    Thanks maximumsteve thanked this post
    Likes maximumsteve, timhett liked this post
Page 107 of 131 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 105 106 107 108 109 117 ... LastLast
Join us