thread

Dispute: Jeremy Young - Arcade - Donkey Kong - Points [Hammer Allowed] - Player: Billy L Mitchell - Score: 1,062,800

User Tag List

Is this a valid dispute?

You may not vote on this poll
    You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
Page 108 of 135 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 118 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1343
  1. 02-13-2018, 03:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by maxim_recoil View Post
    Again, the inverter board doesn't know or care whether it's being fed normal or inverted video; it will invert anything you feed it. If you feed it inverted video it will output normal video, and vice versa. In the case of a direct-feed setup from a Nintendo boardset, you would be feeding it inverted video and it would output normal video, which is what you want for the RGB-to-NTSC converter and the VCR.

With a Nintendo boardset, when going to the Sanyo monitor (as opposed to an RGB-to-NTSC converter and VCR), you do not use the function of the inverter board (you use the pass-through header or bypass the board altogether) because the monitor's chassis (i.e., the main PCB of the monitor) also inverts the colors by default, so if you did that there would be two instances of color inversion in the same chain, which would cancel each other out, leaving you back where you started, i.e., you would see inverted colors on the monitor.

To summarize: the Sanyo monitor's chassis inverts whatever is coming out of the color inverter board, but an RGB-to-NTSC converter and VCR do not invert anything.
    Okay, that makes sense, and good information!
    Matthew 21:22

Street Fighter (15th) Anniversary Collection: Hyper Street Fighter II World Champion (PS2)

My current collection: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKzvF3dRPsw
  2. Thanks for the reply...

02-13-2018, 04:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by thegamer1185 View Post
    I feel I need to clarify something. I was in no way calling MaximumSteve a coward in my last few posts. I was calling those people who do not come here themselves to make those posts the cowards, in this case Joel West. I don't think the messengers are cowards since they are just relaying things for people. All I can say to them is please have those people do it themselves so there can't be any misinterpretation of ones words to the other. I've stated that a few times already. My apologies to MaximumSteve for my actions appearing as though I was referring to him as the coward. I can't remember what page it was on but when he came over to talk about this dispute instead of on facebook I was thankful for that. Anyways, again Steve, apologies.
    No worries and I appreciate you sharing that. For reference, Joel West had accidentally lost or forgot his password on here, and is not on here as often as others, however he did inform me that he retrieved or figured out how to do a new password, lol, so he will post on here later tonight or tommorrow he said. I have shared my own thoughts on a earlier message on here regarding Bill either going to the Kong Off coming up, if not before then, and do a Live play, Live stream, recorded and attended event for a day or a weekend, and play DK and get his score in question or better. While I understand that is not the "CRUX" of the dispute, almost EVERY "Elite" level DK player that plays and streams regularly 1. Do not believe that Bill has scored a million in the past, and 2. Do NOT believe he can score a million points or better now, so Bill doing that is worth it for the "DK" community of regular players. As for the technical aspects, etc.. I am about to post some more thoughts from Carlos Piniero, Former SEGA Gameboard technician, who in his case, I don't think has an account or login to TG, but wanted me to share his thoughts, and they are as follows...... Signal conversion have been around for a very long while. When old home video game systems had analog conversion boxes that would allow the combined (audio / video) signal to run on your TV's 300omh antenna input, and some even had an additional converter that would turn your 2 wire 300omh antenna output to a 75omh coaxial male head. It comes down to the signal being of the standard the TV can understand. In this case they took a multi wire game board output into a converter board that combined and outputted a standard video composite NTSC (29.97fps) output. This output is compatible with VCR, capture boards and even modern TV's today. The yellow RCA cable. They are not a 100% perfect but the worse it will do is be a a little wavy, flicker or the scrolling image with trouble locking.
    But what it will NOT do is change that order things are drawn on the screen from the original output. And that seems to be the biggest argument circulating online right now that I have found.
  3. 02-13-2018, 04:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by maximumsteve View Post

I propose that TG ONLY allows challenges:
    1. On standing World Records
    2. Require reasonable proof, not speculation, suspicion, or innuendo.
    3. Examine the motives of the one submitting the challenge …
    I would wish to respond to 4 of the later points made (The 4th is that TG must notify people of score disputes)

1. NO
    2. Agreed
    3. NO
    4. NO. In an ideal world, yes. but it could be impossible or otherwise prohibitively difficult. It is not incumbent on TG to inform us of disputes. It IS incumbent on players not to cheat.
    Mild mannered Tetris player by day... Wild mannered Tetris player by night!
    Thanks DadsGlasses thanked this post
    Likes Snowflake, DadsGlasses, hydef liked this post
  4. Broadcast right now...

02-13-2018, 05:21 PM
    https://www.facebook.com/pg/EMPIRExM...=page_internal

FB Live, you can see and hear Bill Talk with Houslander right now...
    Thanks datagod thanked this post
  5. 02-13-2018, 05:32 PM

He started out name dropping and bringing up pete and walter. It doesn't matter what type of emotional plea or anything else he brings to the table. The evidence so far is against him. This is like the murderer with tons of evidence against them saying "no, i really didn't do it, it wasn't me on tape." Now they are attacking the dispute system itself which is also ridiculous. This is insane. Todd Rodgers and his girlfriend are the only ones that were there the day it happened. Billy changed his story after pete died and is now saying he was there when at the time he is on camera saying pete couldn't make it. He said this in reference to between the donkey kong world record and the DK jr world record. "we were waiting for pete and i thought there was one more thing i had to do. I started a DKjr game and I think it would have been petes first time seeing a world record. If pete was there to see the Donkey kong world record why would it have billy thought it would be his first time watching a world record live?
    Thanks The Evener thanked this post
    Likes hydef liked this post
  6. 02-13-2018, 05:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RomulusVonFlex View Post
    He started out name dropping and bringing up pete and walter. It doesn't matter what type of emotional plea or anything else he brings to the table. The evidence so far is against him. This is like the murderer with tons of evidence against them saying "no, i really didn't do it, it wasn't me on tape." Now they are attacking the dispute system itself which is also ridiculous. This is insane. Todd Rodgers and his girlfriend are the only ones that were there the day it happened. Billy changed his story after pete died and is now saying he was there when at the time he is on camera saying pete couldn't make it. He said this in reference to between the donkey kong world record and the DK jr world record. "we were waiting for pete and i thought there was one more thing i had to do. I started a DKjr game and I think it would have been petes first time seeing a world record. If pete was there to see the Donkey kong world record why would it have billy thought it would be his first time watching a world record live?
    because billy Mitchel is a liar who is so use to sycophants accepting his poorly though out lies that he never bothered to learn how to lie well. I’m glad he’s lying on tape to further establish just what his ethics are
    Mr. Do's Castle champ
    Lode Runner champ
    Other kid's games champ

Adult Games: Street Fighter champ
  7. 02-13-2018, 05:48 PM
    According to Billy in that interview, they have presented evidence that he did it. Several supporters still think there isn't enough evidence to prove he played on MAME.
  8. 02-13-2018, 05:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by thegamer1185 View Post
    According to Billy in that interview, they have presented evidence that he did it. Several supporters still think there isn't enough evidence to prove he played on MAME.
    Wait, what evidence did they present that he did it? All I have seen are random people saying a dead person was there who they said wasn't there at the time and a bunch of people who trust billy saying he did it. What in the world have they presented to prove he did it?
    Likes Snowflake, thegamer1185 liked this post
  9. 02-13-2018, 06:10 PM

One of two things is clearly happening:

1. People that support Billy haven’t read or don’t understand the evidence against him.

Or

2. People that support Billy don’t care about the evidence and blindly support him regardless.

Not one single person has provided actual evidence of any kind that disputes @xelnia evidence.
    Thanks sprinter461 thanked this post
  10. 02-13-2018, 06:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RomulusVonFlex View Post
    Wait, what evidence did they present that he did it? All I have seen are random people saying a dead person was there who they said wasn't there at the time and a bunch of people who trust billy saying he did it. What in the world have they presented to prove he did it?
    I literally think 99% of Billy's backers only know one thing. Billy's score is being disputed....they literally have no idea why. I mean, they have no idea why. At least that would explain the lack of counter evidence. My head hurts. So far he has been interviewed twice and none of the people doing the interview has one clue what to ask him. Hell, I'll interview Billy Mitchell. I'll be as nice as anybody but I'll ask him questions to help him clarify his position and also questions that are evidence based.
    Likes LMDAVE, Robert.F, hydef, datagod, timhett liked this post
Page 108 of 135 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 118 ... LastLast
Join us