thread

Dispute: Jeremy Young - Arcade - Donkey Kong - Points [Hammer Allowed] - Player: Billy L Mitchell - Score: 1,062,800

User Tag List

Is this a valid dispute?

You may not vote on this poll
    You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
Page 110 of 135 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1341
  1. 02-13-2018, 08:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Mitchell View Post
    Link https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1838&v=6JSzpjo8Oe0

34:38

"I actually found the original, no; we had two different um um, translators, convertors excuse me; in order to translate the signal to a direct feed,"

Any thoughts on this phrase?
    On the surface of what he said: the inverter board, and the RGB-to-NTSC board.
    Matthew 21:22

Street Fighter (15th) Anniversary Collection: Hyper Street Fighter II World Champion (PS2)

My current collection: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKzvF3dRPsw
    Thanks Mitch Mitchell thanked this post
  2. 02-13-2018, 08:21 PM

"I actually found the original, no; we had two different um um, translators, convertors excuse me; in order to translate the signal to a direct feed,"

Using some pretty big words for a guy who isn't much of a tech savvy guy. I know, speculation.
  3. 02-13-2018, 08:22 PM

Didn't Billy say in the last interview that TG has the original? I mean Joel was saying the burden of proof was on TG because they had the tapes
    "Let's never play NBA Jam again."
    Kevin Cabarello

"I’m the Michael Jordan of NBA Jam.”
    Daniel Perea
  4. 02-13-2018, 08:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmNerdJock View Post
    Didn't Billy say in the last interview that TG has the original? I mean Joel was saying the burden of proof was on TG because they had the tapes
    Yep, he sure did. I'm often wrong, but I'm really liking my odds on calling it that Billy has the original tape.
  5. Might be

02-13-2018, 08:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by YesAffinity View Post
    On the surface of what he said: the inverter board, and the RGB-to-NTSC board.
    Goodcall man, Billy might of been saying that he found the original converter, but then said there was 2 --as in he wasn't 100% sure it was the original and might of been the 2nd that was found--

I found on this post Robert mentions there was 2 bought in a 3yr period, but only 1 is accounted for.

https://www.facebook.com/robert.l.ch...OrXu_Y&fref=nf
  6. 02-13-2018, 08:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by thegamer1185 View Post
    Yep, he sure did. I'm often wrong, but I'm really liking my odds on calling it that Billy has the original tape.
    Without audio ;)
    "Let's never play NBA Jam again."
    Kevin Cabarello

"I’m the Michael Jordan of NBA Jam.”
    Daniel Perea
    Likes thegamer1185, Robert.F liked this post
  7. 02-13-2018, 09:34 PM
    well, although I knew walking in I was probably wasting my time, I really wanted to be fair, but any preconcieved ideas aside, and hear the man out. Sadly, it was a complete waste of time. If he goes for a third interview then people can call me biased or prejudiced or unfair for refusing to listen any further but i'm only willing to listen to filibuster for so long before I'm done wasting my time.

Billy's now found two people who didnt interview him about the dispute so much as just gave him a platform to brag about himself and completely ignore and valid points as well as misrepresent the points made so as to make it easier for billy to argue with not the real dispute but a fantasized dispute. Billy's made very clear now he's not going to be given info to TG or even go to any respectable media outlet that offered to interview him since he doesnt want to answer the questions. Now that its abundantly clear no more info will be coming from billy, I think he's been giving more than a fair chance and there's no point on waiting for anything else from his team.

Despite Billy's snipes at TG and the custodian (which i assume is a reference to jace, but with billy, who knows), I'm sure TG is very capable of handling it. I'm now done with this dispute. The evidece has already been proven. For the sake of thoroughnes billy has been given a chance to respond and instead chose to squander that time. I just dont see how its worth any more time.

i'm off to play some moon patrol, totally done with this
    Mr. Do's Castle champ
    Lode Runner champ
    Other kid's games champ

Adult Games: Street Fighter champ
  8. 02-13-2018, 09:45 PM
    Main take-away:

Billy seems to be backtracking on the tapes looking like MAME?

Question posed to Billy by Adam: “I wanted to verify with you the MAME tape that was brought up by Jeremy Young on the message boards there…you don't dispute that that video, that MAME video is your video – it’s always been your claim that there’s a second tape out that TG has or somebody has” that’s the original

Billy: "no, that’s not what I say, I don't know if it's the video or not, I'll even assume that it is, but what I'm telling you is that it's not MAME and I don't play on MAME - not a chance, zero"

https://youtu.be/6JSzpjo8Oe0?t=1h6m20s

Most bizarre moment:

Billy recounting how anonymous gamers were essentially briefing him in real time that Todd Rogers got a 5.51 in Dragster, starting with Todd's home performance in March 1982; then over the summer of 1982 Billy was told by these same anonymous gamers that "that guy who got that impossible score" also nabbed a 5.51 at the Activision booth at the Consumer Electronics Show in June AND at the Electronic Things show in August. Word travels fast in the pre-Internet world.

Quick recap (it’s a bit out of sequence - what stood out to me, in no particular order):

Pete gets credit for the camera on the 9 foot tripod to record the room view of Bill's DK and DK Jr play, Billy hopes this tape turns up

Billy sticking to his new version of the Boomer experience – still claims Pete was there to congratulate him despite his 2010 statements confirming Pete wasn’t there for DK and DK Junior

After clinching the DK Junior record, he ate again, and then did small outlet interviews, did some YouTube stuff, and a few conversations in the following days with Pete, Walter, and media.

Billy acknowledges that he played a MAME type set-up when he used the ArcadePC at a CGE playing Steve Wiebe

Billy believes that questioning a 12th place score makes the motives of people suspect

Confusing accounting – Josh confirms that Todd held the physical video tape at the Big Bang on Friday night, and then it was handed to Billy by David Nelson for the presentation the next day, and from there, Billy doesn’t know what happened because “they're all over the Internet” (-1:00:00); in reality, there isn’t any footage of the entire 1.06M game found anywhere on-line. Seems like he’s conflating the two other score tapes with the third.

Billy doesn't know where originals are, but presumes Boomer’s “room tape” is with them. However, in the chain of custody outlined by Billy (Todd hand them, then David had them, and then they were given to Billy), it seems the last stop was Billy. However, presumed they were turned over to someone at TG, and TG is responsible for being custodian

Billy Mitchell - "my job is to go up to the game, and play it"

Billy asks Josh if Pete or anyone else at the time had suspicions and wanted the scores investigated; Josh replies no, no suspicion

Billy had Boomer DK PCB certified; later used by Wiebe at E3

Billy thinks Dave Nelson had to verify Billy's score
    -it was entered as referee in the TG database

Billy: The recordings at Big Bang were meant for entertainment, they were meant for fun, they weren't meant to verify a score, although eventually they will be used to "re-verify"

Some discussion that since the score was verified live, the dispute shouldn’t be possible

Billy "Here's what I hope to do in the coming days we will continue to produce more and more stuff that will show the obvious facts that what happened”
  9. 02-13-2018, 09:57 PM
    Arcade captured at 480p/60: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUqE...ature=youtu.be

I watched just about every barrel board startup, and it is exactly as Jace describes - the oil can and Kong (along with some other objects) ALWAYS appear on-screen in the same frame. All but 2 of the barrel board startups that I watched occur in 5 frames. The (2) anomalous startups had duplicate frames, one started in 6 frames, one started in (7) frames. L4-1 started in 7 frames. But even in those (2) anomalous startups, Kong and the oil can (and other objects) appear on the screen in the same frame.

What you will see at the above link, however, is completely butchered by youtube. There are frames missing. The few startups I looked at in the youtube upload, occur in just 3-4 frames.

So...I'm uploading the video file to google drive. It says it's going to take almost 3 hours to upload. I won't be awake at that point, so I'll provide a download link in the morning.

Street Fighter (15th) Anniversary Collection: Hyper Street Fighter II World Champion (PS2)

Thanks Jace Hall thanked this post
    Likes MRK liked this post
  10. 02-13-2018, 10:09 PM
    And when I say "startup", the progression is as follows:

Frame 1 - How High Can You Get screen is gone, upper right girders appear
    Frame 2 - All girders except bottom left corner (where the oil can sits) are present, most ladders are present
    Frame 3 - All ladders are present
    Frame 4 - BONUS appears
    Frame 5 - Kong, Lady, hammers, oil can and barrel stacks appear

Thanks Jace Hall thanked this post
Page 110 of 135 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 ... LastLast
Join us