thread

Dispute: Jeremy Young - Arcade - Donkey Kong - Points [Hammer Allowed] - Player: Billy L Mitchell - Score: 1,062,800

User Tag List

Is this a valid dispute?

You may not vote on this poll
    You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
Page 113 of 142 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1413
  1. 02-14-2018, 09:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackflag82 View Post
    I don't know who Robert Workman is, but it seems like the only people who think Billy playing some games of DK will put this to rest are his supporters who keep showing they don't understand the dispute at all.

a) I seriously doubt Billy can score a million in DK now
    b) It won't matter because he cheated and he'll be off the score boards
    I am wondering the same thing. The fact that someone says they saw him do it or were there doesn't prove anything. He did this score in 2010, he claims people were filming all around WHILE he was playing and yet no one posted any videos at all. This was 3 years after the iPhone came out. If people filmed him playing while he was setting the records there would be more video of it. There is video from random guys playing arcade games for far lesser reasons all over youtube. Also the arcade looks empty when the video starts when billy seemingly blocks the machine from displaying the score.
    Thanks sprinter461 thanked this post
    Likes gavv liked this post
  2. 02-14-2018, 09:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RomulusVonFlex View Post
    This was 3 years after the iPhone came out. If people filmed him playing while he was setting the records there would be more video of it.
    And yet there is video from Big Bang. And there was far fewer people present for his announcement at the event, than what he and his entourage are now claiming was actually present at Boomers during his performance.
    Buy the Ticket... Take the Ride...

Likes hydef liked this post
  3. 02-14-2018, 11:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmNerdJock View Post
    Is @JaceHall going to make a decision before this, or is he going to wait until after?
    That's what I've been wondering, what will the Kong off 6 be like with all this going on? If it were up to me, I'd resolve this dispute before then. I can't even imagine what a distraction like this would look like live. I'm half way tempted to go.
    Likes Barra liked this post
  4. 02-14-2018, 12:44 PM
    I watched this video this morning and it brings up some interesting questions regarding Billy's dispute. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FddGLtlAAQ0

EMP Sheba Baby
    EMP Valkyrie Robyn - 2nd Dynasty
  5. 02-14-2018, 12:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ShebaBaby View Post
    I watched this video this morning and it brings up some interesting questions regarding Billy's dispute. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FddGLtlAAQ0
    i took the time to listen to this as well, those questions have alreayd been answered a while back in this very thread
    Mr. Do's Castle champ
    Lode Runner champ
    Other kid's games champ

Adult Games: Street Fighter champ
    Thanks ShebaBaby thanked this post
    Likes ShebaBaby, maxxcat2018, adwinistator liked this post
  6. 02-14-2018, 01:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    i took the time to listen to this as well, those questions have alreayd been answered a while back in this very thread
    Can someone make an objective list of all the important questions that have been asked and the answers & rebuttals, so there is an easy reference to noobies who join the thread?
    "Let's never play NBA Jam again."
    Kevin Cabarello

"I’m the Michael Jordan of NBA Jam.”
    Daniel Perea
    Likes starcrytas, ShebaBaby liked this post
  7. 02-14-2018, 01:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jace Hall View Post
    Under no circumstance have we been able to achieve this yet with the Original Arcade hardware. We are finding this rasterization scenario to be impossible to be produced from the machine, which then makes it impossible for any recording device to record.We HAVE been able to reproduce this rasterization separation with various versions of MAME and other EMU types.If you can confirm or invalidate our findings on this issue with your original hardware set up and provide that information to the dispute thread it would be helpful in our overall evaluation of this assertion.
    This does not appear to be true, I was able to in a few seconds find this shot in Ross's 1.136 game. The same thing happens about 30 seconds in. There does appear to be another smoking gun that 'only happens on mame' but I have not tested that to confirm or deny it.-Ken
    Attached Images Attached Images
  8. 02-14-2018, 01:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ShebaBaby View Post
    These have all been answered not only by people disputing it, but also by TG themselves. This video is the classic defense so far by Billy's supporters. It's the conversion of the video, they are similar, you can't actually prove it since Billy's loads differently. Essentially, they can't disprove that all of Billy's game videos, captured by multiple devices, all show MAME. Triforce isn't really saying anything that hasn't already been said and countered.
    Thanks ShebaBaby thanked this post
    Likes ShebaBaby, MRK liked this post
  9. im sorry

02-14-2018, 01:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoundrl View Post
    This does not appear to be true, I was able to in a few seconds find this shot in Ross's 1.136 game. The same thing happens about 30 seconds in. There does appear to be another smoking gun that 'only happens on mame' but I have not tested that to confirm or deny it.-Ken
    hay in sorry I`m a bit confused "but I have not tested that to confirm or deny it" what exscaly are you saying ? and please dont talk like Jace , make it simple but not simpler :)
  10. 02-14-2018, 02:05 PM
    Update:

We have downloaded and are examining the new direct-feed capture performed by @YesAffinity.

This 3rd party direct-feed video appears to be entirely consistent with our internal findings.

This video has been uploaded to the TG video hosting service so that it can be included as part of the complete dispute record.

Here is the video:

If TG members would like to download the video directly for their own frame analysis they can do so by clicking this link:

Donkey Kong Original Arcade 480p/60 Direct Feed

We are doing more testing, but we believe we have now successfully identified and have nearly definitively confirmed one of the elemental "signature" attributes of an original arcade Donkey Kong rasterization.

This "signature identifier:"

When initializing a Barrel Board for play, an Unmodified Original Donkey Kong
    Arcade PCB WILL NEVER RASTERIZE (draw) the Donkey Kong character on the screen in a different frame from the Oil Can (which appears in the lower left corner.)

This means that some of the presented evidence currently seems to be strongly indicating that ANY recording that shows a single frame image of the Barrel Board with the Oil Can present but not Donkey Kong (or vice-versa) could never have been produced by an unmodified Original Donkey Kong Arcade PCB.

Any type of signal conversion from RGB to NTSC (or otherwise) from an unmodified Original Donkey Kong PCB can not produce an image of the Oil Barrel without the Donkey Kong character present, since that image does not ever exist in the original signal.

We continue to investigate this specific issue further for the purposes of comprehensiveness.
Page 113 of 142 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 ... LastLast
Join us