thread

Dispute: John McAllister - Atari 2600 / VCS - Steeplechase - NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B - Player: Brandon Marks - Score: 41.0

User Tag List

Is this a valid dispute?

You may not vote on this poll
    You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. 11-13-2017, 09:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    vid or no did
    I am a referee and I verified it.
  2. 11-13-2017, 09:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HectorTelloc View Post
    I am a referee and I verified it.
    why not, rudy's claim and your backup holds about as much weight any of these any other scores.
    Mr. Do's Castle champ
    Lode Runner champ
    Other kid's games champ

Adult Games: Street Fighter champ
  3. 11-13-2017, 09:28 PM
    why not, rudy's claim and your backup holds about as much weight any of these any other scores.
    I am a referee for Aurcade. In fact I already approved his score. We have no dispute system there. A referee's word is the word of god.
  4. 11-13-2017, 10:32 PM
    Admit it Rosa, I am your god.
  5. 11-13-2017, 10:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HectorTelloc View Post
    Admit it Rosa, I am your god.
    these disputes are serious and permanent you two. theres a time to ***** around and a time to be serious. if you want to make a mockery of the dragster thread fine, its already a mockery, but dont go messing up disputes that have a chance of being taken seriously
    Mr. Do's Castle champ
    Lode Runner champ
    Other kid's games champ

Thanks HectorTelloc thanked this post
  6. 11-13-2017, 10:59 PM
    Agreed this TIME is no possible
  7. 02-06-2018, 03:13 PM
    steeplechase.jpg
    good news, more data. This score is real, the game is wrong. This was the score for spacechase that somehow got wrongly pushed to steeplechase. I was contacted by @voodoo_chilly to let me know about this. Please help him verify his account so he can verify what he told me. This was his son's score. Considering the score is real, just the track is wrong, I suggest moving the score to the correct track instead of outright deleting it.
    Mr. Do's Castle champ
    Lode Runner champ
    Other kid's games champ

Thanks Marcade, voodoo_chilly, redelf thanked this post
    Likes Marcade, voodoo_chilly liked this post
  8. 02-06-2018, 03:33 PM
    good news, more data. This score is real, the game is wrong. This was the score for spacechase that somehow got wrongly pushed to steeplechase. I was contacted by @voodoo_chilly to let me know about this. Please help him verify his account so he can verify what he told me. This was his son's score. Considering the score is real, just the track is wrong, I suggest moving the score to the correct track instead of outright deleting it.
    Well that solves that!!! @Dave Hawksett please take note of this evidence.
  9. 02-10-2018, 08:22 AM
    @voodoo_chilly Would you mind adding your thoughts to this case?
    Dave Hawksett
    Head Custodian
    www.TwinGalaxies.com
  10. 02-10-2018, 09:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hawksett View Post
    @voodoo_chilly Would you mind adding your thoughts to this case?
    Sure. The score disputed was done by son on the Atari 2600 game Spacechase. I remember it was entered in the database correctly at that time (I just ran the tournament and emailed the results in). I have no idea when somebody entered it into the database as Steeplechase (I left TG website around 2003 or 4 and came back after 2007) and how on earth a score of 4100 points on Spacechase could be interpreted as a "time" of 41.0 on Steeplechase?!? I would be interested to know who updated the scoreboard with that.

Also, see the Atari 5200 score by Ron Corcoran on my tournaments' scores? He wasn't even at the event!!! He also entered several more scores for himself for the Sega Genesis (there is a link at bottom of page in the image I sent to Snowflake at archive.org...at the time I couldn't post stuff). I complained about it at the time but nothing happened. Somebody told me that all of Ron's score's have been eliminated, so it doesn't matter, but I'd like to point it out anyway.

One other score error is my Galaga score by Namco classics Vol1. It was done on Playstation 1. TG database has it under Playstation 2. I don't even think Playstation 2 was even released in 1999, the time of my event.
    John Marks
    Jupiter, FL
    Thanks redelf, Marcade thanked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Join us