thread

Dispute: Duc Dang - Nintendo DS - 101-in-1 Explosive Megamix - Sniper / Sharpshooter [Points] - Player: Andrew Peter Peter Mee - Score: 12,200

User Tag List

Is this a valid dispute?

This poll is closed
    This poll is closed
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 43
  1. 09-23-2017, 01:49 PM
    #21

    Is this a valid dispute?

    Yes . . . obviously

    A better question:

    Why is this dispute still open?


    Quote Originally Posted by TWIN GALAXIES
    **SPECIAL NOTE - Admin will typically be keeping a general eye on all dispute cases (whether notified or not) and there will be cases where a dispute is filed that has incontrovertible supportive evidence. In some of those cases, admin may automatically agree to the dispute claim and END THE DISPUTE VOTING PROCESS EARLY.

    There is a typo in the submitted score: 12,200 instead of 12,209

    The incorrect score certainly qualifies as irrefutable supporting evidence.

    What else do you need to know?

    Thanks HugDD thanked this post
    Likes HugDD, Barthax liked this post
  2. 09-27-2017, 09:14 AM
    #22
    An interesting case indeed!

    By the time a decision point was reached here, the disputed score was already gone, thanks to members catching the problem and fixing it.

    However the dispute is technically valid. We will discuss this one internally.
  3. 09-27-2017, 09:34 AM
    #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hawksett View Post
    An interesting case indeed!

    By the time a decision point was reached here, the disputed score was already gone, thanks to members catching the problem and fixing it.

    However the dispute is technically valid. We will discuss this one internally.

    It seems fairly straightforward to me:

    • Transfer the submission to the Rejected archive
    • Perform the necessary CR and SP adjustments

    What am I missing?

    Thanks HugDD thanked this post
    Likes HugDD liked this post
  4. 09-27-2017, 10:28 AM
    #24
    Quote Originally Posted by stella_blue View Post

    It seems fairly straightforward to me:

    • Transfer the submission to the Rejected archive
    • Perform the necessary CR and SP adjustments

    What am I missing?

    Don't listen to him, Dave. he's a bad influence. lol

    Alright, technically he could do that, but then it would be like I stated earlier, for the "principle of it". Who cares? It's resolved.

    I know I'm one of several who fell for that nine looking like a zero on the small video player from the original submission. A little lenience isn't such a terrible thing on something we are all doing in our free time, for free, for the love of the game.
    Likes stella_blue liked this post
  5. 09-27-2017, 11:16 AM
    #25

    Hey Terence,

    I retired from adjudicating 2 months ago, so there is nothing to fear.

    As long as you don't vote "Yes" for every submission that bears the JJT stamp of approval, I will never catch up to you.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kappa.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	6.9 KB 
ID:	39222

    Trust me, I know what I'm talking about.


    Likes HugDD, RaGe, Barra liked this post
  6. 09-27-2017, 12:15 PM
    #26
    Sorry to post this in here, but it's "dispute" related..

    Dave, will we be getting our credibility reimbursed for this closed dispute?...

    //www.twingalaxies.com/showthre...s-Score-11-090

    We all voted YES, correctly, as it is a legit score.

    A dispute probably shouldn't have been opened in the first place on that one. It would have been better off in the "scoreboard errors" thread.
    Likes Barthax liked this post
  7. 09-28-2017, 08:58 AM
    #27
    following for the interesting point of disputed obsolete scores.

    One point I didnt see brought up (I read everything but i read quickly so I may have missed something). People seem to think a cred reevaluation on an absolute score would only hurt cred. We shouldnt forget it may also help cred of anyone who voted to reject but then got dinged when it got accepted. So while people are concerned about those who voted yes losing cred, what about concern for those who may have voted reject that lost credibility which they never should've lost? I would hope any decision takes those people into account as well.
    Mr. Do's Castle champ
    Lode Runner champ
    Other kid's games champ

    Adult Games: Street Fighter champ
    Thanks HugDD thanked this post
    Likes HugDD liked this post
  8. 09-28-2017, 11:16 AM
    #28
    Snowflake is absolutely right about the CR of those who were initially correct to reject.
    Give me some time to go through the logic and discuss internally.


    Quote Originally Posted by RaGe View Post
    Sorry to post this in here, but it's "dispute" related..

    Dave, will we be getting our credibility reimbursed for this closed dispute?...

    //www.twingalaxies.com/showthre...s-Score-11-090

    We all voted YES, correctly, as it is a legit score.

    A dispute probably shouldn't have been opened in the first place on that one. It would have been better off in the "scoreboard errors" thread.
    Thanks HugDD thanked this post
  9. 09-28-2017, 11:27 AM
    #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hawksett View Post
    Snowflake is absolutely right about the CR of those who were initially correct to reject.
    Give me some time to go through the logic and discuss internally.
    Yep, I agree with him, too. Good logic there. Thanks William.. lol

    But I was referring to this dispute:

    //www.twingalaxies.com/showthre...s-Score-11-090

    We all voted correctly to accept the submission, because there's no problem with score. There was a problem with the track missing information. A score dispute shouldn't have been opened - It should have been entered in the "scoreboard errors" thread. But a dispute was opened and we chimed in, stating that the score was fine and that it just needed "EMU" added to the track. We voted "YES" for the track to be corrected, not the score removed. When you removed the score, we lost 5% cred. When you reenter the score (you may have already) , we only get 3 cred points back...So we got cred-jacked on a perfectly fine score. The credibility needs to be readjusted for everyone who took the hit.

    Thanks!
  10. 09-28-2017, 01:19 PM
    #30
    Quote Originally Posted by RaGe View Post
    So we got cred-jacked
    lol. So funny.

    Likes HugDD, RaGe liked this post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Join us