thread

Dispute: Duc Dang - Nintendo DS - 101-in-1 Explosive Megamix - Sniper / Sharpshooter [Points] - Player: Andrew Peter Peter Mee - Score: 12,200

User Tag List

Is this a valid dispute?

You may not vote on this poll
    You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
  1. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 49,071
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    44 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by stella_blue View Post

It seems fairly straightforward to me:

• Transfer the submission to the Rejected archive
    • Perform the necessary CR and SP adjustments

What am I missing?

Scott, thank you, absolutely agree, this invalid score is still in the Accepted archive and shouldn't be!

Quote Originally Posted by RaGe View Post
    http://www.twingalaxies.com/showthre...s-Score-11-090

We all voted YES, correctly, as it is a legit score.

A dispute probably shouldn't have been opened in the first place on that one. It would have been better off in the "scoreboard errors" thread.
    Terence, I empathize with you on the hits. Heck, I've taken more cr hits than any other member, thanks to the 5% Penalty of December 2015! I digress of course, I mean, it's not like I'm struggling for submission points or anything, lol. In regards to Paul's submission, he hasn't been that active here on TG in a while. Even though he signed on recently, he hasn't really posted anything, nor did he partake in the dispute. Lastly, the track was invalid the moment he submitted to it, so that made John's score challenge legit. When members are careless in how things turn out, don't take action to correct things, in this case the track title/rules, and submit to the track, then they were already in the wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hawksett View Post
    However the dispute is technically valid. We will discuss this one internally.
    Not only is this dispute valid David, but I seem to be the lone member who made the correct vote and therefore took a big credibility hit! I look forward to your closing message and setting this submission straight by moving it to the Rejected archive, thank you!

-Duc
    My best streamed game of Centipede: https://secure.twitch.tv/gallopinggh...ade/v/51955812 (786k, clean, no cussing for those who may be concerned)

Nothing should be enough for people to vote world records or other records. Completely insane practise. -Janutzska

I guess it's about trying to live a life where I'm not contributing to the cruelty in the world... While I am on this planet, I want everyone I meet to know that I am grateful they are here. - Jessica Chastain
  2. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 41,127

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    32 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by HugDD View Post
    In regards to Paul's submission, he hasn't been that active here on TG in a while. Even though he signed on recently, he hasn't really posted anything, nor did he partake in the dispute. Lastly, the track was invalid the moment he submitted to it, so that made John's score challenge legit. When members are careless in how things turn out, don't take action to correct things, in this case the track title/rules, and submit to the track, then they were already in the wrong.
    Duc, Score challenges are for just that, score issues. All the track needed was the "EMU" prefix added to it. There are plenty of tracks with things left out by the ones who set them up. They usually get posted, and fixed, in the scoreboard error thread, since it's a track issue, not a score issue. Paul's score was fine...It was the track.

I tried to find a loophole on Pete's Megamix submission here. William made a great point though. I got shot down, no problem. When you're wrong, you're wrong..But this hit I (and others) took on Paul's score should not have happened. Who would have voted YES on the submission if they thought they'd get jerked off in the future?? NO ONE. But the score got accepted, right? Because the SCORE is fine. Come on with this silliness. I'm getting disgusted with having to argue my case over imaginary points, for no reason.
    Likes Barthax, nads liked this post
  3. VERIFIED COMMISSIONER Credibility: 8,000
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    We should be able to fix this, please give us a few days.

Yep, I agree with him, too. Good logic there. Thanks William.. lol

But I was referring to this dispute:

We all voted correctly to accept the submission, because there's no problem with score. There was a problem with the track missing information. A score dispute shouldn't have been opened - It should have been entered in the "scoreboard errors" thread. But a dispute was opened and we chimed in, stating that the score was fine and that it just needed "EMU" added to the track. We voted "YES" for the track to be corrected, not the score removed. When you removed the score, we lost 5% cred. When you reenter the score (you may have already) , we only get 3 cred points back...So we got cred-jacked on a perfectly fine score. The credibility needs to be readjusted for everyone who took the hit.

Thanks!
    Likes Barthax liked this post
  4. VERIFIED Honored Veteran Credibility: 28,558

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: barthax
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    44 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    We should be able to fix this, please give us a few days.
    Hi David,

As the Scoreboard errors thread is a wasteland, can you look into this one please:

http://www.twingalaxies.com/showthre...l=1#post905761

During the time of lots of members experiencing upload errors, TG Admin were given access to my account (by me with my consent) to look into the problem. Without my knowledge, they made a submission with my account which was obviously false yet voted Yes in my name. It was of course correctly rejected but I still took a big hit on credibility... If credibility means so much to TG's success could TG at least show its own credibility in not ignoring this incredibilitly stupid move?

Are you on my radar?
    I'd rather be last on every game than throw my time away chasing only one score.
    Thanks stella_blue, HugDD thanked this post
    Likes stella_blue, HugDD liked this post
  5. VERIFIED COMMISSIONER Credibility: 8,000
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Ok we can go for the super-cool-awesome route here.

By the time a decision point was reached, the score had been surpassed and the issue fixed. This one is being rejected.

Thanks for all the input here. The other track issues brought up here will be dealt with separately.
    Thanks HugDD, Barthax thanked this post
    Likes HugDD, Barthax liked this post
  6. VERIFIED COMMISSIONER Credibility: 8,000
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I'm sure TG Admin just thought you didn't have enough records Pete.

This should be resolved soon, and we will change your title to 'TG human guinea pig'

Quote Originally Posted by Barthax View Post
    Hi David,

As the Scoreboard errors thread is a wasteland, can you look into this one please:

http://www.twingalaxies.com/showthre...l=1#post905761

During the time of lots of members experiencing upload errors, TG Admin were given access to my account (by me with my consent) to look into the problem. Without my knowledge, they made a submission with my account which was obviously false yet voted Yes in my name. It was of course correctly rejected but I still took a big hit on credibility... If credibility means so much to TG's success could TG at least show its own credibility in not ignoring this incredibilitly stupid move?
    Thanks Barthax thanked this post
    Likes Mapler90210, HugDD, Barthax liked this post
  7. VERIFIED COMMISSIONER Credibility: 8,000
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    This has been done. Please check. We are fixing it so the score will be on the correct track.

Sorry to post this in here, but it's "dispute" related..

Dave, will we be getting our credibility reimbursed for this closed dispute?...

We all voted YES, correctly, as it is a legit score.

A dispute probably shouldn't have been opened in the first place on that one. It would have been better off in the "scoreboard errors" thread.
  8. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 41,127

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    32 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    This has been done. Please check. We are fixing it so the score will be on the correct track.
    My lost credibility has ​not been replaced.
    As of right now, the score is still on the wrong track. Personally, I'd just leave the score where it is and change the "region" on the track - Add "EMU" to the track with Paul's score, remove "EMU" from the empty track and add "PAL" to it........Moving the score may mess up people's credibility again.
  9. VERIFIED COMMISSIONER Credibility: 8,000
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    This is exactly what we are doing. We will look into the credibility issue - thanks for your patience.

My lost credibility has ​not been replaced.
    As of right now, the score is still on the wrong track. Personally, I'd just leave the score where it is and change the "region" on the track - Add "EMU" to the track with Paul's score, remove "EMU" from the empty track and add "PAL" to it........Moving the score may mess up people's credibility again.
    Thanks RaGe thanked this post
  10. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 2,283
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Voting yes on this one