0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

iOS - Crossy Road - Points - 2,027 - Richard Adams

Score Trackhttp://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=131967
    RulesYou may play as any character
    Submission MessageHello everyone! I did kinda jump into the scene here so I'll try my best to explain the context around me and my score.

I've been playing Crossy Road on-and-off for 2 and a half years. It may be a combination of many things -- spatial awareness, community motivation, or just love of the game -- but for whatever reason I became pretty good. And with the recent discovery of the TwinGalaxies Crossy Road database I decided to get back into it and try for the top :P

I was pleasantly and unexpectedly surprised to break the 2000 point barrier -- my previous best was 1647 and the score to beat was 1702. Whatever the circumstances I really hope my score pushes others to achieve higher. I'm looking forward to seeing the boundaries of this game pushed to the near limit in the following months and years. There are many patterns still left to discover and I trust that I won't sit on the top forever!

Here's a few things to note about the video:

The character selection screen does not appear before the run due to a bug in the recent update (explaining the weird Hipster Whale + Crossy Road logo), so I was unable to record via Everyplay and as a result the video will not appear on Everyplay :( Instead I recorded on my iPad air via quicktime-player.

At the end of the video I show a recording of the iPad air 2 and the laptop on which I recorded the run.

You can find more videos by me on Everyplay under the user Blubbermeat, and this video might eventually be on Youtube as well under an account with the same name.

Thanks a bunch!
    Thanks jjt_defender thanked this post
    Likes jjt_defender, HugDD, RonnieWeston liked this post
  2. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 963
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Nicely done. Accepted!!!
    Thanks Blubbermeat thanked this post
  3. VERIFIED FORUM RESTRICTED Credibility: 26,767
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    71 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I JJT Johnny have a question The Video Game Crossy Road was Not Selected at the Beginning of the Video from their Operating System Menue either IOS or Android so Twin Galaxy Members will Likely Ask about why it was Not

Twin Galaxy Members who play Either Android or IOS Video Games they Showed at the Beginning of their Video Game Submissions what when They Selected the Video Game from the Menue from the Device

I going to Hold Off on this Brilliant Excellent Expert Skills on this Game Awesome Richard

Accepted
    Crossy Road Run Starts at :12 of the video Name:  image.png
Views: 137
Size:  691.1 KB

iOS - Crossy Road - Points - 2,027 Final Score is at 22:47 of the video Name:  image.png
Views: 139
Size:  601.3 KB

JJT_Defender Johnny World Champion & Worlds Best & # 1 Racer, 1st Place on the Modern Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 43 Cities, & 7 Years Created by Raw Thrills & Owned By Eugene Jarvis Vid Kidz Williams,Midway & Creator of Cruis'n Series & Defender Many More.

These are Just Stats for my Record Keeping Log been their More than a Year

Submission Points 13,312 + 60 for Sponsor = 13,372
    I JJT Johnny Correctly Adjudicated 13,372 Video Game Submissions at .99776152813% Percent Accuracy

Adjudicated Video Game Submissions I JJT Johnny Got Wrong a Total of 30 in Twin Galaxy's Adjudication Archives Accepted, Rejected & Cancel Archives
  4. VERIFIED Junior Member Credibility: 1,012
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    JJT Johnny -

Apologetically, as this was my first submission, I didn't do much to minimize any potential suspicion surrounding the video.

That includes showing the game selection from the menu, and in the future I'll make sure to change that. However, if it helps, the screen shown at the beginning of the video was in fact the game loading screen.

Another thing people may find concerning is the cut between the loading screen and the gameplay, which, due (conveniently) to a bug in the game, was different than usual. This is understandably suspicious, so I've attached the e-mail response I received from Crossy Road support concerning the bug as confirmation.

Everything aside, thanks so much for accepting :)

Name:  CR Bug.PNG
Views: 136
Size:  241.2 KB
    Likes jjt_defender, RonnieWeston liked this post
  5. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 4,280
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    61 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Over 2000 points, Richard! Accepted!
    Jared Oswald
    World record holders on "Guitar Hero", "Rock Band" and Sonic games.
    Likes RonnieWeston liked this post
  6. VERIFIED VERIFIED Credibility: 1,121
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Voting a massive well deserved Yes to this.

a little bit ashamed this score has taken so long to go through, poor bloke.

Richard give me a url to point to when I update my website

well done sir
    Previous World Record holder for Crossy Road iOS points

Likes jjt_defender liked this post
  7. VERIFIED FORUM RESTRICTED Credibility: 26,767
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    71 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    This is a World Record

Some Twin Galaxy Members Players who play Crossy Road on Either Android or IOS may Have a Problem with you Not Showing the Cell Phone Operating System Menu and Selecting Crossy Road from your Cell Phone Screen of the Device at the Beginning of the Video

Their Been Issues of this on Different IOS & Android Games on Some of the Video Game Submissions Before.

JJT Johnny My Vote would be Yes a Easy Accept

Richard Your Performance was Brilliant Excellent with Expert Masterful Game Play Wow!

1 1,772 100.00% Jason Vasiloff 2017-10-18 IN PROCESS [Vote]

2 1,702 96.05% ron weston 2017-08-01 TGSAP [Undisputed] -> He Voted Yes

3 1,537 86.74% Jacob Spaulding 2017-05-05 TGSAP [Undisputed]
    4 1,100 62.08% Jacob Spring 2016-11-30 TGSAP [Undisputed]
    5 738 41.65% Alex Ashburn 2016-06-17 TGSAP [Undisputed]
    6 512 28.89% Nick van der Vis 2016-04-19 TGSAP [Undisputed]
    7 460 25.96% Dean Froley 2016-01-08 TGSAP [Undisputed]
    8 418 23.59% John McNeill 2015-06-24 TGSAP [Undisputed]
  8. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 4,159
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWeston View Post
    Voting a massive well deserved Yes to this.

a little bit ashamed this score has taken so long to go through, poor bloke.

Richard give me a url to point to when I update my website

well done sir
    Since the evidence package is not ideal and the bug in the recording is weird, that might be what's making some people hesitate. As JJT mentioned above, the screen isn't shown where you can see the iOS settings, or the app start...not a huge deal, but unfortunately there is no Everyplay recording either. Also, I've been playing Crossy Road on iOS as well, and I haven't ever encountered the bug he describes at game start up...the email response from the developer does seem to clear it up, it's just odd.

I voted accept on his Crossy Road Pac-Man score since it has the Everyplay recording (uploaded on the same day as this one), and I'll abstain here.
  9. VERIFIED VERIFIED Credibility: 1,121
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonV91 View Post
    Since the evidence package is not ideal and the bug in the recording is weird, that might be what's making some people hesitate. As JJT mentioned above, the screen isn't shown where you can see the iOS settings, or the app start...not a huge deal, but unfortunately there is no Everyplay recording either. Also, I've been playing Crossy Road on iOS as well, and I haven't ever encountered the bug he describes at game start up...the email response from the developer does seem to clear it up, it's just odd.

I voted accept on his Crossy Road Pac-Man score since it has the Everyplay recording (uploaded on the same day as this one), and I'll abstain here.
    Understand your points here Jason. Personally Iíve encountered the bug first hand and know that the bug means that the player is unable to save the replay to everyplay. Hipster whale quickly fixed it on the next release. I donít think its essential (but quite nice) to have the everyplay recording with a submission (ie you donít have one with yours, for instance).

this is an asstonishing score and of course iíd rather it wasnít there! However its there and for both of us to beat iím afraid and i think we both know that this guy deserves it. I would like to suggest a Yes vote to those that are unsure as it would be a real shame for this newcomer. I can personally verify that this bug was real, and iíll try to get more evidence shortly.
    Previous World Record holder for Crossy Road iOS points

Likes jjt_defender liked this post
  10. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 4,159
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWeston View Post
    Understand your points here Jason. Personally Iíve encountered the bug first hand and know that the bug means that the player is unable to save the replay to everyplay. Hipster whale quickly fixed it on the next release. I donít think its essential (but quite nice) to have the everyplay recording with a submission (ie you donít have one with yours, for instance).

this is an asstonishing score and of course iíd rather it wasnít there! However its there and for both of us to beat iím afraid and i think we both know that this guy deserves it. I would like to suggest a Yes vote to those that are unsure as it would be a real shame for this newcomer. I can personally verify that this bug was real, and iíll try to get more evidence shortly.
    To clarify, my comments were not made to throw doubt on Richard as a gamer, or on what is an incredible score, but rather to defend the TG adjudicators. When you say you're "ashamed" and insinuate Richard is somehow getting screwed over, I think that's going a bit far, and I was simply trying to lay out the possible reasons (my opinion, no one else's) why this great score may still be in the queue. You know how this system works, how passionate people are about having an accurate database, and even how protective some are of their CR rating...people don't want to be wrong because there are consequences, and when a submission isn't an open and shut case, it sometimes takes a bit longer than usual while people consider the evidence. I would not expect Richard to know any of this as a new user of course, so it's no fault of his. On the flip side, you have to consider the adjudicators as well - a new user's very first submission is a fantastic score, and the video evidence is something that's been edited to combine at least 2 separate videos together, and also displays a bug in the app...not reasons to reject, but some on the fence might want to see how it plays out before voting.

That being said, I did some more looking into things and the bug that Richard describes (and that you corroborate having seen as well, which holds weight with me) was fixed with an update that was rolled out the same day he performed this and his Pac-Man submission. One of the things I wondered about was why this sub had the bug (and no Everyplay recording), while the Pac-Man one didn't (and did have an Everyplay recording) - it looks like he performed both on the same day or very close together (judging by the coin count shown in both videos), but updated his app in between, eliminating the bug and recording issue...somewhat unfortunate luck for Richard that he happened to get this score right before the fix (as all this discussion would have been avoided), but now it at least makes sense. As you mentioned, an Everyplay recording isn't necessary, but my suggestion to all would be an either/or type of thing - show the iOS settings and app start (along with gameplay) with a screen recorder, or record with Everyplay...that to me leaves no doubt.

The point of submission review is to have open discussion between members, on the record, should anything be unclear - comments and questions should not automatically be construed as attacks on the submitter or the performance.

All that being said, I'm now satisfied that everything makes sense. Great performance on a fun game Richard...accepted!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Join us