thread

iOS - Crossy Road - Points - 2,027 - Richard Adams

User Tag List

Is this a valid score?

This poll is closed
    This poll is closed
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
  1. VERIFIED FORUM RESTRICTED Credibility: 26,833
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    23,299
    Thanks (Received)
    10085
    Likes (Received)
    5079
    Blog Entries
    26
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    71 Thread(s)
    Follows
    216
    Following
    824
    Their is Quite a Few Twin Galaxy Members who Compete on the Same Video Game on either IOS & Android whohad Major Issues A Lot of them had the WR

    Currently you JasonV91 have World Record Score on Crossy Road of All you would Have a Issues on Richards New Awesome World Record Score of 2,027 I JJT Vote YES Accept

    Since their Was In Fact BUG in the System at the Time then Twin Galaxy Members Should Vote Yes Accept Richards New World Record Score of 2,027 he Earned Excellent Run

    I hate to see it Taken Away from him.

    I JJT Johnny Just Adjudicate I notice their 50 or so Times that Twin Galaxy Members Debated over that because it was Their World Record Score they did not want to Lose it & it is Pride

    Quote Originally Posted by JasonV91 View Post
    To clarify, my comments were not made to throw doubt on Richard as a gamer, or on what is an incredible score, but rather to defend the TG adjudicators. When you say you're "ashamed" and insinuate Richard is somehow getting screwed over, I think that's going a bit far, and I was simply trying to lay out the possible reasons (my opinion, no one else's) why this great score may still be in the queue. You know how this system works, how passionate people are about having an accurate database, and even how protective some are of their CR rating...people don't want to be wrong because there are consequences, and when a submission isn't an open and shut case, it sometimes takes a bit longer than usual while people consider the evidence. I would not expect Richard to know any of this as a new user of course, so it's no fault of his. On the flip side, you have to consider the adjudicators as well - a new user's very first submission is a fantastic score, and the video evidence is something that's been edited to combine at least 2 separate videos together, and also displays a bug in the app...not reasons to reject, but some on the fence might want to see how it plays out before voting.

    That being said, I did some more looking into things and the bug that Richard describes (and that you corroborate having seen as well, which holds weight with me) was fixed with an update that was rolled out the same day he performed this and his Pac-Man submission. One of the things I wondered about was why this sub had the bug (and no Everyplay recording), while the Pac-Man one didn't (and did have an Everyplay recording) - it looks like he performed both on the same day or very close together (judging by the coin count shown in both videos), but updated his app in between, eliminating the bug and recording issue...somewhat unfortunate luck for Richard that he happened to get this score right before the fix (as all this discussion would have been avoided), but now it at least makes sense. As you mentioned, an Everyplay recording isn't necessary, but my suggestion to all would be an either/or type of thing - show the iOS settings and app start (along with gameplay) with a screen recorder, or record with Everyplay...that to me leaves no doubt.

    The point of submission review is to have open discussion between members, on the record, should anything be unclear - comments and questions should not automatically be construed as attacks on the submitter or the performance.

    All that being said, I'm now satisfied that everything makes sense. Great performance on a fun game Richard...accepted!
  2. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 4,162
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    870
    Thanks (Received)
    961
    Likes (Received)
    1039
    Blog Entries
    6
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Follows
    22
    Following
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by jjt_defender View Post
    Their is Quite a Few Twin Galaxy Members who Compete on the Same Video Game on either IOS & Android whohad Major Issues A Lot of them had the WR

    Currently you JasonV91 have World Record Score on Crossy Road of All you would Have a Issues on Richards New Awesome World Record Score of 2,027 I JJT Vote YES Accept

    Since their Was In Fact BUG in the System at the Time then Twin Galaxy Members Should Vote Yes Accept Richards New World Record Score of 2,027 he Earned Excellent Run

    I hate to see it Taken Away from him.

    I JJT Johnny Just Adjudicate I notice their 50 or so Times that Twin Galaxy Members Debated over that because it was Their World Record Score they did not want to Lose it & it is Pride
    Juan, you're speaking absolute nonsense as usual, and you've proven it again for the umpteenth time. First of all, I don't hold the WR on this track - my score is still in review, just like this one, and it was performed AFTER Richard's. Second, you clearly didn't read my response...I stated that any questions I had about this score have been answered, that I congratulate Richard, and it should be accepted - I did this to ensure others DO vote to accept and that it isn't "taken away from him". Finally, none of the discussion points I brought up have anything to do with the fact that Richard's score is better than mine...because I have a score on the track, I can't discuss the submission? I've had several records beaten by other gamers, and I've never done anything but congratulate them (i.e. Lock N Chase, Raiden)...my "pride" is not affected one bit I assure you, and don't presume you know anything about me just because "50 other times" other gamers were annoyed they had scores beaten.

    Don't dirty up this thread with personal attacks, it isn't fair to Richard or his score. If you have something to say to me privately, send a message, or if you want it public, put it on your wall - either way, it doesn't belong here.

    My apologies for this post Richard, any further comments from me will be strictly regarding your submission.
    Likes Snowflake liked this post
  3. VERIFIED FORUM RESTRICTED Credibility: 26,833
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    23,299
    Thanks (Received)
    10085
    Likes (Received)
    5079
    Blog Entries
    26
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    71 Thread(s)
    Follows
    216
    Following
    824
    IOS & Android Different Video Games that had Issues That I JJT Johnny have Adjudicated

    I am Voting Yes Again Accepted from me

    Congratulations Richard on your World Record Performance 2,027 Incredible Score Awesome Expert Performance God Bless you all

    I know Jason you Stated you Accepted Richards Performance

    I have done with the Matter Sir



    Quote Originally Posted by JasonV91 View Post
    Juan, you're speaking absolute nonsense as usual, and you've proven it again for the umpteenth time. First of all, I don't hold the WR on this track - my score is still in review, just like this one, and it was performed AFTER Richard's. Second, you clearly didn't read my response...I stated that any questions I had about this score have been answered, that I congratulate Richard, and it should be accepted - I did this to ensure others DO vote to accept and that it isn't "taken away from him". Finally, none of the discussion points I brought up have anything to do with the fact that Richard's score is better than mine...because I have a score on the track, I can't discuss the submission? I've had several records beaten by other gamers, and I've never done anything but congratulate them (i.e. Lock N Chase, Raiden)...my "pride" is not affected one bit I assure you, and don't presume you know anything about me just because "50 other times" other gamers were annoyed they had scores beaten.

    Don't dirty up this thread with personal attacks, it isn't fair to Richard or his score. If you have something to say to me privately, send a message, or if you want it public, put it on your wall - either way, it doesn't belong here.

    My apologies for this post Richard, any further comments from me will be strictly regarding your submission.
  4. VERIFIED VERIFIED Credibility: 1,121
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    210
    Thanks (Received)
    84
    Likes (Received)
    164
    Blog Entries
    20
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Follows
    36
    Following
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonV91 View Post
    To clarify, my comments were not made to throw doubt on Richard as a gamer, or on what is an incredible score, but rather to defend the TG adjudicators. When you say you're "ashamed" and insinuate Richard is somehow getting screwed over, I think that's going a bit far, and I was simply trying to lay out the possible reasons (my opinion, no one else's) why this great score may still be in the queue. You know how this system works, how passionate people are about having an accurate database, and even how protective some are of their CR rating...people don't want to be wrong because there are consequences, and when a submission isn't an open and shut case, it sometimes takes a bit longer than usual while people consider the evidence. I would not expect Richard to know any of this as a new user of course, so it's no fault of his. On the flip side, you have to consider the adjudicators as well - a new user's very first submission is a fantastic score, and the video evidence is something that's been edited to combine at least 2 separate videos together, and also displays a bug in the app...not reasons to reject, but some on the fence might want to see how it plays out before voting.

    That being said, I did some more looking into things and the bug that Richard describes (and that you corroborate having seen as well, which holds weight with me) was fixed with an update that was rolled out the same day he performed this and his Pac-Man submission. One of the things I wondered about was why this sub had the bug (and no Everyplay recording), while the Pac-Man one didn't (and did have an Everyplay recording) - it looks like he performed both on the same day or very close together (judging by the coin count shown in both videos), but updated his app in between, eliminating the bug and recording issue...somewhat unfortunate luck for Richard that he happened to get this score right before the fix (as all this discussion would have been avoided), but now it at least makes sense. As you mentioned, an Everyplay recording isn't necessary, but my suggestion to all would be an either/or type of thing - show the iOS settings and app start (along with gameplay) with a screen recorder, or record with Everyplay...that to me leaves no doubt.

    The point of submission review is to have open discussion between members, on the record, should anything be unclear - comments and questions should not automatically be construed as attacks on the submitter or the performance.

    All that being said, I'm now satisfied that everything makes sense. Great performance on a fun game Richard...accepted!


    Jason thanks for taking the time to reply to my points, yes perhaps my use of ‘ashamed’ could be considered to some as being a little strong. I agree that in hindsight more careful wording would have been more appropriate. Apologies to anyone i may have offended.

    i respect you for taking on board my comments, considering them, and assessing your decision, as actually it would be quite reasonable to expect a defensive answer. I say this without trying to patronise, but it takes a better man to reconsider a decision based on the comments and opinons of others, than to argue regardless. Hope this comes across in the positive way it is meant.

    I will in return review all your comments about the editing of two videos together (something that is dubious, even if the everyplay bug was real), and read through once more to see if actually i am happy with my own voting. I guess its probably going to be quite diabolical if i then come back and vote ‘No’ ha ha ha. I do hope not!

    Anyway, thanks again and well done on beating my score.
    Previous World Record holder for Crossy Road iOS points


    Thanks jjt_defender, JasonV91 thanked this post
    Likes jjt_defender, JasonV91 liked this post
  5. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 4,543
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    All of Canada
    Posts
    1,308
    Thanks (Received)
    845
    Likes (Received)
    1643
    Blog Entries
    15
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: intellivisionmaster
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Follows
    19
    Following
    19
    Clear shot of the I-Pad after the match. I'm satisfied that it's a genuine IOS score.

    Nothing in the game-play looked unusual to me.

    Amazing performance;

    ACCEPTED.

  6. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 4,162
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    870
    Thanks (Received)
    961
    Likes (Received)
    1039
    Blog Entries
    6
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Follows
    22
    Following
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWeston View Post
    I will in return review all your comments about the editing of two videos together (something that is dubious, even if the everyplay bug was real), and read through once more to see if actually i am happy with my own voting. I guess its probably going to be quite diabolical if i then come back and vote ‘No’ ha ha ha. I do hope not!.
    Thanks Ron, we are on the same page.

    Again for clarity - my comment about videos edited together was not suggesting the gameplay itself was stitched together, I was simply mentioning that the video starts with a still shot of the device and pans out, then the gameplay from direct capture, then another video of the device connected to a laptop...clearly separate clips put together one after the other, but nothing that should prevent this from being accepted.
  7. VERIFIED VERIFIED Credibility: 1,121
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    210
    Thanks (Received)
    84
    Likes (Received)
    164
    Blog Entries
    20
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Follows
    36
    Following
    33
    Voting yes then thanks all.
    Previous World Record holder for Crossy Road iOS points


  8. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 1,422
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    361
    Thanks (Received)
    105
    Likes (Received)
    222
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: mrbumpnjump
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Follows
    25
    Following
    16
    Very nice. Accepted.
  9. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 4,848
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    St. Marys, WV, USA
    Posts
    3,260
    Thanks (Received)
    1373
    Likes (Received)
    2656
    Blog Entries
    63
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: bensweeneyonbass
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    106 Thread(s)
    Follows
    109
    Following
    65
    After coming back to this thread maybe a half dozen times and not voting, I’m finally voting YES.

    I beieve this sumbission was done per the rules on the right platform, and I understand the bug.

    Also there’s a DUPLICATE of this submission that Richard made, by accident or by bug, that doesn’t have the video attached to it. I encourage Richard to CANCEL it and I encourage adjudicators to vote NO. Just a technicality - get it out of the queue.


    All that aside RICHARD HOLY COW WHAT A RUN SIR breaking the 2K barrier is epic.
  10. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 4,848
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    St. Marys, WV, USA
    Posts
    3,260
    Thanks (Received)
    1373
    Likes (Received)
    2656
    Blog Entries
    63
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: bensweeneyonbass
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    106 Thread(s)
    Follows
    109
    Following
    65
    Whoopsie meant to link you all to the duplicated submission with no video:

    http://www.twingalaxies.com/showthre...-Richard-Adams
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Join us