Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

Speed Buggy Arcade Dip Settings:

Hi - does anyone out there know what the dip switch settings should be for submitting scores on Speed Buggy? The submissions just say "default" settings, but the game actually has 4 difficulty modes and 4 different time settings.

The time settings, in particular, are very important since you get an end-of-game time bonus (akin to Pole Position).

This, of course, will now raise the question if the scores from this era all have the same settings or not.... :/

For convenience, the link to the scoreboard is here: http://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.p...=Speed%20Buggy
  2. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 5,789
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: ebinsugewa
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    The manual doesn't list defaults as far as I can see: http://www.crazykong.com/manuals/SpeedBuggy.man.pdf

For what it's worth the MAME defaults are difficulty B and time B, though MAME DIPs tend not to be based in reality much of the time.
  3. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 1,063
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by hanasu View Post
    The manual doesn't list defaults as far as I can see: http://www.crazykong.com/manuals/SpeedBuggy.man.pdf

For what it's worth the MAME defaults are difficulty B and time B, though MAME DIPs tend not to be based in reality much of the time.
    On page 8, the manual implies that B,B might be the default given the initial test screen, but it's not explicitly stated.
  4. VERIFIED VERIFIED Credibility: 10,278
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah it's a tough call on what the settings should be. BB seems to be the default via scanned manual. But then sometimes default is all on or all off. One way would give you easy but short time, the other would give you hardest but most time. Probably should just go play and see what you come up with. Your a bad driver so if you make it through the course it must be easy settings :)
    I've played it a bunch over the last few years at FS and could get through the offroad course but I don't remember how much time we had left, it didn't seem like much and the score I don't remember either. I'll ask Brian Kuh and see what he has to say.
  5. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 1,063
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by redelf View Post
    Yeah it's a tough call on what the settings should be. BB seems to be the default via scanned manual. But then sometimes default is all on or all off. One way would give you easy but short time, the other would give you hardest but most time. Probably should just go play and see what you come up with. Your a bad driver so if you make it through the course it must be easy settings :)
    I've played it a bunch over the last few years at FS and could get through the offroad course but I don't remember how much time we had left, it didn't seem like much and the score I don't remember either. I'll ask Brian Kuh and see what he has to say.
    I can't help it that I learned to drive in Boston :~)
Join us