thread

Why is the Twin Galaxy Submission Point System Messing Up for some Twin Galaxy Members?

User Tag List

1. VERIFIED FORUM RESTRICTED Credibility: 26,854
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    71 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

Why is the Twin Galaxy Submission Point System Messing Up for some Twin Galaxy Members?

The Main Issue is Twin Galaxy SUBMISSION POINTS System the Distributing and Deducting of Submission Points and even Holding Back Submission Points

1.Why is the Twin Galaxy Submission Point System Messing Up for some Twin Galaxy Members?

2. Can you Get SUBMISSION & CREDIBILITY POINTS doing other things for Twin Galaxy?
  2. VERIFIED Legendary Member Credibility: 2,574
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Juan:

I have to admit I'm unclear on the specifics of your post...it is so broad-based that if I were part of TG admin I would have no idea where to even begin with this post.

Suggest that you list some specifics, at least as a starting point, otherwise it's hard for the TG admin staff to tell where to even begin in terms of triage.

Robert
  3. VERIFIED Legendary Member Credibility: 2,574
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by jjt_defender View Post
    2. Can you Get SUBMISSION & CREDIBILITY POINTS doing other things for Twin Galaxy?

RTM REPLY - as for your second question, Juan, this raises many good possibilities for Jace and his team to consider. Here are some suggestions for gaining credibility points apart from score submission and validation participation...

Blog Entries - as each post increases TG's brand more so than simple forum posts, I recommend that bloggers receive submission credit based on a combination of two factors...an initial pre-determined number of submission points based on the entry itself based on the size of the blog entry and a subsequent award based on the number of accumulated "likes", possibly a small award for every 5 or 10 "likes", or maybe a scaled award such as a fixed number for reaching 5 or 10 "likes" and a larger number for reaching the 25th, then based on every 25 thereafter an additional reward. Basically the blog keeps on paying kind of like a "commission" as every like keeps improving the TG brand.

TG Sponsored Competition Participation - certainly the more participants the higher the visibility and "pop" that a competition generates, so rewarding each participant who qualifies a small number of submission points is not a bad idea.

Purchase of TG Products - with many online vendors, achieving a target level of purchase results in "reward points", typically a percentage deduction that can be applied to a subsequent order so as to generate incentive for an additional future sale. So why not similarly reward those players who purchase TG certificates, shirts, etc ?

Track "Originators" - ironically continuing to improve this aspect of TG actually costs you submission points rather than the reverse as each new "track" serves to improve TG's brand. However, as this can result in track creation for the mere purpose of accumulating submission points regardless of the viability of the track, I suggest that when a track "originator's" created challenge reaches the 5th or 10th different validated submitter that they be offered some form of submission point give-back. After all, their idea resulted in incoming business and contribution to the TG brand.

Hopefully Jace will see merit in one or more of these suggestions. Yours was a great idea starter, Juan. Hoping now that others can chime in with their suggestions.

Robert
    Thanks jjt_defender thanked this post
    Likes jjt_defender liked this post
  4. VERIFIED FORUM RESTRICTED Credibility: 26,854
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    71 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Some Twin Galaxy Members like Andrew and others have Lost Submission Points had a Negative Amount of Submission Points.
    And it Change over night.
  5. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 12,751
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: idesidious
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    65 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post

Track "Originators" - ironically continuing to improve this aspect of TG actually costs you submission points rather than the reverse as each new "track" serves to improve TG's brand. However, as this can result in track creation for the mere purpose of accumulating submission points regardless of the viability of the track, I suggest that when a track "originator's" created challenge reaches the 5th or 10th different validated submitter that they be offered some form of submission point give-back. After all, their idea resulted in incoming business and contribution to the TG brand.
    This is a wonderful idea.

Also, seems like the submission queue is getting backed up because of members deciding to go another way. Maybe TG should spend some time working on ideas to fix when high cred members decide to leave TG. I wouldn't say I'm an advocate for instant gratification but when some very easy and quick to adjudicate submissions remain in queue for a month or more, that does become troubling.
    The Fisher King
Join us