thread

Dispute: Terence O'Neill - Arcade - Mortal Kombat - Points [Tournament Settings] - Player: Patrick J Maher - Score: 25,402,000

User Tag List

Is this a valid dispute?

You may not vote on this poll
    You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
  1. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 3,491

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: danman123456
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    55 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by CWK View Post
    It's not new evidence but the rule was broken and I agree if it does not say continues are allowed in the specific rules then the rules were broken
    Wait didnt we have an issue with this regarding "leeching". How does the "continue" rule apply here? The rules dont say you cannot continue and no its not the same as starting over at the end of the game for a 10 million bonus. IF your continue started you back at level 1 and with 0 points then yeah probably. This is nonsense and is just going to really clog things up if people dispute stuff that was already debated. I think the domino man was a huge leechfest but didn't agree that it be disputed for that reason as it was already debated in the submission thread. Unless something new is stated why do this try and get TG to overrule everyone who voted a submission in?
    Dan Desjardins
  2. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 5,015
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    63 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I havent played this game in a while but doesn't continuing make the opponents easier? Also I'm not sure this would have an effect as it is only the first opponent anyway
  3. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 3,491

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    55 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I havent played this game in a while but doesn't continuing make the opponents easier? Also I'm not sure this would have an effect as it is only the first opponent anyway
    I dont think so not when its the first opponent at the first tower but i havent looked at the code just played it a bunch.
    Dan Desjardins
  4. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 5,015
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    63 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by danman1234 View Post
    Wait didnt we have an issue with this regarding "leeching". How does the "continue" rule apply here? The rules dont say you cannot continue and no its not the same as starting over at the end of the game for a 10 million bonus. IF your continue started you back at level 1 and with 0 points then yeah probably. This is nonsense and is just going to really clog things up if people dispute stuff that was already debated. I think the domino man was a huge leechfest but didn't agree that it be disputed for that reason as it was already debated in the submission thread. Unless something new is stated why do this try and get TG to overrule everyone who voted a submission in?
    The global rules say no continues. Thats all it says. Nothing about points or level of start. A continue is a continue
  5. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 5,015
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    63 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I dont think so not when its the first opponent at the first tower but i havent looked at the code just played it a bunch.
    Well at the least this needs to be looked into
  6. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 5,015
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    63 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Not asking for code analysis but just some obsevations. I doubt people normally continue on the first fight though or it would be very rare
  7. VERIFIED FORUM RESTRICTED Credibility: 26,767
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    71 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    As All Twin Galaxy Members Can Clearly See Patrick did Indeed Continue Therefore Broke Twin Galaxy Rules on Continuation should Should Automatically Be REJECTED No Exceptions

Twin Galaxy Members You Clearly See in these Captures Pictures below from Patrick Maher Video Game Submission From 43:43 to 43:45 of the Video that he did Indeed Continue In Rules for The Game It Never Ever States a Player Can continue therefore this Video Game Submission Should Be Rejected

Arcade - Mortal Kombat - Points [Tournament Settings] - 25,402,000 - Patrick Maher
    image.png

Arcade - Mortal Kombat - Points [Tournament Settings] - 25,402,000 - Patrick Maherimage.png

Below are the Global Rules and Guidelines that apply to all submissions:
    The use of cheat codes, cheat devices, in-game codes and Continues are Disallowed as a General Rule. The only exceptions to this rule are:

Any game track/variation that Explicitly Overrides this General Rule with its Own Rules Governing the matter within its specific listed rule set.

In This Case it Clearly Does Not

Therefore the Video Game submission should Be Rejected by the Twin Galaxy Members Patrick Broke the Rule
    Attached Images Attached Images
  8. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 3,491

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    55 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    The global rules say no continues. Thats all it says. Nothing about points or level of start. A continue is a continue
    Well I do think a lot of people do seem interpret what the want out of the global rules. Why does the MAME track explicitly say no continues but not the arcade track if the "global" rules say you cant? So when Triforce mentioned he uses some trick/glitch to keep the values in place while not a continue could easily be said to violate rule #3 of the Global rules could it not? Do I think that is silly point to debate? Yup but its 0 difference here so do we dispute both scores then? No I dont think so. Anyway smh....
    Dan Desjardins
  9. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 5,015
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    63 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    When mame rules say continue = no it is referring to the dip switch not inserting an additional coin
  10. VERIFIED FORUM RESTRICTED Credibility: 26,767
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    71 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    From What you Say then Both Records Should Disallowed & Removed from Twin Galaxy Scoreboard Data Base

Since 2 Twin Galaxy Rules were Violated then Both Should Be Removed No Exception going by the Rules of Course

Rule 3 Triforce Johnson
    The use of "glitches" or "glitch tactics" that defeat the generally accepted understanding of the spirit of the game / or reasonable interpretation of the intention of the game's designers are disallowed as a general rule.

Rule 5 Patrick Maher
    The use of cheat codes, cheat devices, in-game codes and continues are disallowed as a general rule. The only exceptions to this rule are:

Any game track/variation that explicitly overrides this general rule with its own rules governing the matter within its specific listed rule set.

Well I do think a lot of people do seem interpret what the want out of the global rules. Why does the MAME track explicitly say no continues but not the arcade track if the "global" rules say you cant? So when Triforce mentioned he uses some trick/glitch to keep the values in place while not a continue could easily be said to violate rule #3 of the Global rules could it not? Do I think that is silly point to debate? Yup but its 0 difference here so do we dispute both scores then? No I dont think so. Anyway smh....
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Join us