thread

Dispute: Terence O'Neill - Arcade - Mortal Kombat - Points [Tournament Settings] - Player: Patrick J Maher - Score: 25,402,000

User Tag List

Is this a valid dispute?

You may not vote on this poll
    You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
  1. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 5,024
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    63 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by jjt_defender View Post
    From What you Say then Both Records Should Disallowed & Removed from Twin Galaxy Scoreboard Data Base

Since 2 Twin Galaxy Rules were Violated then Both Should Be Removed No Exception going by the Rules of Course

Rule 3 Triforce Johnson
    The use of "glitches" or "glitch tactics" that defeat the generally accepted understanding of the spirit of the game / or reasonable interpretation of the intention of the game's designers are disallowed as a general rule.

Rule 5 Patrick Maher
    The use of cheat codes, cheat devices, in-game codes and continues are disallowed as a general rule. The only exceptions to this rule are:

Any game track/variation that explicitly overrides this general rule with its own rules governing the matter within its specific listed rule set.
    I agree if a glitch was used. But a trick is a different story. I don't believe Triforce said he used any glitches
  2. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 15,058

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: dmoreland
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I'm voting No on this for the simple principle that this was voted in by adjudicators with the full knowledge that the game was started from a continue. If some of those people were to chime in and say their vote was a mistake and would like this score removed then I would consider changing my vote. I can't rule out that the Referees who accepted the former scores allowed people to start from continues. i.e. Asteroids. There is a general rule about not using hacked roms but yet multiple people have had scores accepted using a speed up hack. You just never know with old TG. Seeing video of the #2 score could help.
    "Cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good"

Visit my YouTube channel for videos of over 150 classic arcade games, most of which you won't see at your local arcade. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh4...56xV5To9gPqsLA
    Likes The Kombat King liked this post
  3. VERIFIED FORUM RESTRICTED Credibility: 26,830
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    71 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Triforce or Twin Galaxy Referee could Provide The Video of the Arcade Mortal Kombat Play? But that is another Matter for Later.
    We can Talk about that Later but not Now.

Twin Galaxy Members Please Stay on Topic and Carefully Look at the Video Game Submission Evidence, Capture Pictures and Twin Galaxy Rule 5 that was violated by Patrick Maher

The Matter at Hand the Dispute is Arcade - Mortal Kombat - Points [Tournament Settings] - 25,402,000 - Patrick Maher

It Pretty Clear with Hard Physical Video and Capture Picture Evidence Plus Twin Galaxy Rule being Broken it should be a Clear YES by All Twin Galaxy Members No Favoritism Please or Exception then why have Twin Galaxy Rules

Below are the Global Rules and Guidelines that apply to all submissions:
    The use of cheat codes, cheat devices, in-game codes and Continues are Disallowed as a General Rule. The only exceptions to this rule are:

Any game track/variation that Explicitly Overrides this General Rule with its Own Rules Governing the matter within its specific listed rule set.

In This Case it Clearly Does Not

Therefore the Video Game submission should Be Rejected by the Twin Galaxy Members Patrick Broke the Rule

1 25,402,000 100.00% Patrick J Maher 2017-09-23 TGSAP [View Dispute]
    2 24,821,500 97.71% TriForce Johnson 2009-05-02 Referee [Undisputed]
    3 18,054,000 71.07% Kerry Robert Mayes 2015-10-13 TGSAP [Undisputed]
    4 10,226,500 40.26% Brandon DiCamillo 2008-09-20 Referee [Undisputed]
    5 7,691,000 30.28% David Nelson 2006-01-28 Referee [Undisputed]
    6 1,590,800 6.26% Mr. Kelly R. Flewin 2006-02-07 Referee [Undisputed]
  4. VERIFIED FORUM RESTRICTED Credibility: 26,830
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    71 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Twin Galaxy Members Please Review Statements
    http://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/175372
    Here is Triforce Reply Statement from
    Arcade - Mortal Kombat - Points [Tournament Settings] - 25,402,000 - Patrick Maher Thread

image.png

Here is Patrick Maher Reply Statement from
    Arcade - Mortal Kombat - Points [Tournament Settings] - 25,402,000 - Patrick Maher Threadimage.png
  5. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 2,416
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    A little of topic but similar.
    Is it the same as playing a game of Bubble bobble and getting to just before certain items are dye to appear due to amount of jumps, falls buvbles blown/popped etc and then dying on purpose.
    Start the next game and all the extra bonuses are awarded early?
    Whilst in essencw the "no continue" rule was obviously intended to not allow a continue whereby scores could be stitched, if it changes the gameplay by doing so it's not in the spirit of the game IMO.
    Just my thoughts.
    I would lean towards a yes on this being a valid dispute.
  6. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 3,562
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by cuda View Post
    A little of topic but similar.
    Is it the same as playing a game of Bubble bobble and getting to just before certain items are dye to appear due to amount of jumps, falls buvbles blown/popped etc and then dying on purpose.
    Start the next game and all the extra bonuses are awarded early?
    Its pretty much that. But done because as far as anyone knows, it's the only way to compete with the current #2 score.

There probably should be two tracks:
    -one for 1CC from player one side start to finish
    -another where manipulation before the game begins is allowed
    Thanks jjt_defender thanked this post
    Likes jjt_defender liked this post
  7. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 7,202
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    View Channel: gga_han
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I second that ^^^ - there should be 2 tracks for this game...

1st track: "Extreme settings" - allowed to use p2 side for larger (10 million point) reptile bonus, allowed to manipulate the test your might mini-game for higher bonuses.

2nd track: must use p1 side, must start from a fresh power on, ect...

This way, all scores are compared to those played in like conditions. Player 1 reptile bonus I think is only 1 or 2 million, I forgot. Test your might bonuses will start at "wood" and never reach the values in the extreme settings track.
  8. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 3,497

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    View Channel: danman123456
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    55 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by GGA HAN View Post

1st track: "Extreme settings" - allowed to use p2 side for larger (10 million point) reptile bonus, allowed to manipulate the test your might mini-game for higher bonuses.

This way, all scores are compared to those played in like conditions. Player 1 reptile bonus I think is only 1 or 2 million, I forgot. Test your might bonuses will start at "wood" and never reach the values in the extreme settings track.
    I hate the way this dilutes everything but can get behind saying that one track is basically anything goes and the other is "fresh start up/power on only" and done from player 1 side.
    Dan Desjardins
  9. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 5,024
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    63 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by GGA HAN View Post

I agree with this but there's no way to prove how Triforce played as of yet and so I think this should be moved and then another dispute can be started to move Triforces score over there if it's proven he played the same way. As it stands I have no reason to believe Triforce played this way ans even if he did that has nothing to do with this matter. This submission breaks the current track rules. If Triforces does the same and it can be proven it needs a separate dispute.
  10. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 3,497

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    View Channel: danman123456
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    55 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by CWK View Post
    I agree with this but there's no way to prove how Triforce played as of yet and so I think this should be moved and then another dispute can be started to move Triforces score over there if it's proven he played the same way. As it stands I have no reason to believe Triforce played this way ans even if he did that has nothing to do with this matter. This submission breaks the current track rules. If Triforces does the same and it can be proven it needs a separate dispute.
    Again no it doesnt there is nothing specific about not continuing like the MAME version states. I find that interesting that the MAME version specifically states no continues but this version doesnt. The argument is it violates a "global rule" only seems to matter to people when it matters. Again this was all debated in the submission and really should just be closed and done with why are we here now?
    Dan Desjardins
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Join us