thread

Dispute: Terence O'Neill - Arcade - Mortal Kombat - Points [Tournament Settings] - Player: Patrick J Maher - Score: 25,402,000

User Tag List

Is this a valid dispute?

You may not vote on this poll
    You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
  1. VERIFIED FORUM RESTRICTED Credibility: 26,767
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    71 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Continue or Restart

1 25,402,000 100.00% Patrick J Maher 2017-09-23 TGSAP [View Dispute] This Needs to Be Rejected by Twin Galaxy Members Rule Violation Patrick used a Continue to get to a Higher Bonus so he can get a Higher Score

2 24,821,500 97.71% TriForce Johnson 2009-05-02 Referee [Undisputed] A Challenge and a Dispute this Score on to decide upon this Score
    The Challenge for Triforce Duplicate it on Video or if he has Video of his Performance to Allow Twin Galaxy Members to Adjudicate and Take it from there.

If it is a Trick That Triforce used let Twin Galaxy Members Decide by Adjudication of his Video Game Submission

Since 2 Twin Galaxy Rules were Violated then Both Should Be Removed No Exception going by the Rules of Course

Rule 3 Triforce Johnson
    The use of "glitches" or "glitch tactics" that defeat the generally accepted understanding of the spirit of the game / or reasonable interpretation of the intention of the game's designers are disallowed as a general rule.

Rule 5 Patrick Maher
    The use of cheat codes, cheat devices, in-game codes and continues are disallowed as a general rule. The only exceptions to this rule are:
    Any game track/variation that explicitly overrides this general rule with its own rules governing the matter within its specific listed rule set.

As All Twin Galaxy Members Can Clearly See Patrick did Indeed Continue Therefore Broke Twin Galaxy Rules on Continuation should Should Automatically Be REJECTED No Exceptions

Twin Galaxy Members You Clearly See in these Captures Pictures below from Patrick Maher Video Game Submission From 43:43 to 43:45 of the Video that he did Indeed Continue In Rules for The Game It Never Ever States a Player Can continue therefore this Video Game Submission Should Be Rejected

Arcade - Mortal Kombat - Points [Tournament Settings] - 25,402,000 - Patrick Maher

Arcade - Mortal Kombat - Points [Tournament Settings] - 25,402,000 - Patrick Maher

Below are the Global Rules and Guidelines that apply to all submissions:
    The use of cheat codes, cheat devices, in-game codes and Continues are Disallowed as a General Rule. The only exceptions to this rule are:

Any game track/variation that Explicitly Overrides this General Rule with its Own Rules Governing the matter within its specific listed rule set.

In This Case it Clearly Does Not

Therefore the Video Game submission should Be Rejected by the Twin Galaxy Members Patrick Broke the Rule
  2. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 1,234
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Does anybody know more about the original adjudication of Triforce's score, specifically who the Referee was that verified it and was the full game taped?

I noticed this older thread: http://www.twingalaxies.com/showthre...647#post764647. It has some comments about Triforce's score including:

What I remember is this title being placed under review in early 2010, shortly after Triforce was accused of cheating. The Reptile bonus is not why he was accused. The claim was that Triforce was left unattended by refs at FunSpot while attempting his record, and he scored points by beating a stand-still second player multiple times. This was supported by the claim that the joysticks at FunSpot were broken (they always have been), and that the referee reviewing the score was his buddy.
    Do any players or former refs have more information about why the title was placed under review for years and these accusations?
    Thanks HugDD, hanasu thanked this post
  3. VERIFIED Legendary Member Credibility: 2,568
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    2010...well after I left TG, I cannot remember historically if this was the Bouvier-Patterson era or the Adler-Knucklez-era.

Regardless of which, leaving a performance of this nature mid-game is a no-no.

I remember someone calling me over to verify their completed "No Hammer Donkey Kong" performance...I could not as it was impossible to know if they truly did not use the hammer. Same for a performance on "Dragon Spirit"...no way to know if a continue was used.

It would be of interest to know who the referee was, but regardless of which, if that is indeed what happened, the earlier performance should never have been accepted by TG.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Join us