thread

Dispute: AL Birman - Intellivision - Tron Deadly Discs - NTSC/PAL - Default Settings - Player: Ron Corcoran - Score: 722,368,800

User Tag List

Is this a valid dispute?

This poll is closed
    This poll is closed
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
  1. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 4,540
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: intellivisionmaster
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

Dispute: AL Birman - Intellivision - Tron Deadly Discs - NTSC/PAL - Default Settings - Player: Ron Corcoran - Score: 722,368,800

Intellivision - Tron Deadly Discs - NTSC/PAL - Default Settings
    Score Trackhttp://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=2583
    RulesThis variation is for both NTSC and PAL as there is no difference between the two on the Intellivision Video Game Console.

Player NameRon Corcoran
    Original AdjudicationN/A
    Verification MethodUnverified
    Verification Date2004-01-15
    Disputed Score722,368,800 (Rank 1)
    Disputed ByIntellivision Master
    Dispute Evidence / RationaleI’m disputing Ron Corcoran’s score of 722 Million on Intellivision Tron Deadly Discs.

1) The score verification method states “UNVERIFIED”. I’m guessing that no-one would attach their name to state that they verified this score. Achieving 722 Million on this game is like achieving 72 BILLION on Nibbler. Impossible. Except on Nibbler, you can accumulate extra men. On Tron Deadly Discs, you only get one man.
    2) You only get ONE man in Tron Deadly Discs.
    3) There’s three ways to die:
    a) If you are hit 5 times with a regular disc by opponent shooters (the brown discs are worth 2 hits against you). b) If an Orange guard touches you.
    c) If you touch a recognizer (not relevant in this discussion)
    4) After 100,000 points, everything in the game is at the highest level: a) The speed of your running man is at his maximum b) It takes 5 opponent shots to kill you (brown discs count as 2 shots)
    c) You get 10,000 points for killing an opponent
    d) You get 10,000 points for blocking a disc
    e) You get 100,000 points for killing each recognizer

5) PLAYING WITHOUT THE LEECHING TECHNIQUE: a) No-one has ever lasted over 10,800,000 (Approximately 2 hours of play) b) After a Million points, Orange guards come out – they replace opponent blue running men. if an Orange guard touches you, your game is over.
    c) Video proof of the amount of time to gain each additional million points: It takes 7 minutes for each additional million points (approximately). Video #1 shows the score of 1 million points to 2 million points - from 7:00 to 14:00 in the video - to gain an additional million points (at the highest skill level of play - this is MY pace to add a million points). To get to 722 million, it would take 5,047 minutes = 84 hours of play. The world record is 2 hours of play. You only get ONE man. It’s impossible to avoid the orange guards for 84 hours of play.

6) PLAYING WITH THE LEECHING TECHNIQUE: a) I demonstrate the leeching technique in the second video. From 6:12 on the video to 12:00 I demonstrate how you can stand at the top corner door and gain points for each blocked disc – without losing your man.
    b) You gain 10,000 points for each blocked disc.
    c) You cannot kill any of the opposing men otherwise after a Million points, he will be replaced by an Orange guard. An Orange guard kills you if he touches you, so you would no longer be able to stand in the corner unfettered.
    d) The pace of gaining points by leeching: You gain 10,000 points for every blocked disc. You would have to stand in the corner blocking discs for over 100 hours (maybe 150 hours) to get to 722 Million points ... the pace of blocking discs is very slow – as demonstrated in video #2 starting at 6:12 on the video.
    In conclusion:

A) The score is listed as “unverified”. Therefore since there was no verification method used, the score must be removed.

B) OR: Ron never achieved 722 Million points.

C) OR: Ron showed a screenshot of 722 Million points after leeching points for 150 hours (but there is no evidence of said screenshot).

D) It is impossible for a human being to avoid being touched by an orange guard and avoid being shot 5 times (less shots if your man is hit with brown discs) ... for 84 hours of play. The world record holder lasted 2 hours ... maybe 2.5 hours; avoiding being killed - and that is the longest anyone has ever lasted in this game without leeching.

There are two current members here at Twin Galaxies who were present at Twin Galaxies when this score was entered and have intimate knowledge of this score. @RaGe and @RTM have knowledge of this score and support the fact that it should be removed for their own reasons. I request for these members to describe their knowledge of this score.
  2. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 4,540
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    View Channel: intellivisionmaster
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I apologize folks: Video #1 is an old video of mine that is playing back at double-speed. It took me 7 minutes to get an additional million, but that's 14 minutes, real time. That means it would take 160 hours to get 772 Million without leeching.

Thanks DadsGlasses, Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes DadsGlasses liked this post
  3. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 2,348
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I'm glad to see this dispute is up. Nice job, Al. Your argument is well presented.

Ron Corcoran's score should be removed. This is an unverified score. Why Twin Galaxies would ever want unverified scores on their database is a mystery to me.

Further, this should be added to the pile of nefarious behavior by Ron Corcoran. This score should be removed. All of Ron's scores should be removed. Twin Galaxies should be ashamed that it continues to honor a person like Ron Corcoran by posting any of his scores. His behavior was harmful to Twin Galaxies, the gaming community, his family, and the public at large.

It's time to remove Ron Corcoran from the TG database.
    Thanks Rogerpoco, Intellivision Master thanked this post
    Likes Snowflake, danman1234 liked this post
  4. VERIFIED Legendary Member Credibility: 2,568
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    About time this one was challenged...I lack the credibility threshold with which to do so.

I'm not sure exactly when this score was entered into the TG database or by which referee, but it sure as heck was not by me.

Without stating more than what has already been stated in this dispute challenge I am satisfied enough to cast my vote to remove the score. Enough is enough.
    Thanks DadsGlasses, Rogerpoco, HugDD thanked this post
  5. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 1,687
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    It's almost embarrassing that you have to make the case to remove this score. The dispute is supported by a thorough and comprehensive review of game play, difficulty, and a calculated playing time to achieve this impossible score. All of this points to a resounding 'yes' for score removal.
  6. VERIFIED FORUM RESTRICTED Credibility: 26,767
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    71 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    It is a Yes Vote from Me JJT Johnny

JJT_Defender Johnny World Champion & Worlds Best & # 1 Racer, 1st Place on the Modern Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 43 Cities, & 7 Years Created by Raw Thrills & Owned By Eugene Jarvis Vid Kidz Williams,Midway & Creator of Cruis'n Series & Defender Many More.

These are Just Stats for my Record Keeping Log been their More than a Year

Submission Points 13,601 + 60 for Sponsor = 13,661

I JJT Johnny Correctly Adjudicated 13,661 Video Game Submissions at .9978% Percent Accuracy

Adjudicated Video Game Submissions I JJT Johnny Got Wrong a Total of 31 in Twin Galaxy's Adjudication Archives Accepted, Rejected & Cancel Archives
  7. VERIFIED FORUM RESTRICTED Credibility: 26,767
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    71 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Many Others I Believe for Either Ron Cocoran & Todd Rogers Patrick Scott Patterson and a few Other Twin Galaxy Members
  8. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 3,582
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    57 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you, Al, for your detailed post outlining not only the intricacies of this game but your case as to why this score should be removed.

Using your second video as an example, it would take just over 140 hours to reach 772MM. That's just under 6 days straight.

I voted in favor of the removal.
    Thanks Intellivision Master thanked this post
  9. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 14,120
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    View Channel: marcamy_1029
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    28 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
  10. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 44,434

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    You nailed it, Al. And your math on reaching a million is quicker than I had calculated years ago - That's your pace, which is faster than anyone I've ever seen reach a million points. I think I had it at over 7 days to reach this score. But it's good you did the math for "lightening fast scoring", because 6 days is the absolute quickest, and it's still absolutely ridiculous. The score never happened.

And if the score did actually happen.. He used the leech technique - which voids it right there, since there's no risk of damage. Also, there's the issue of time. He didn't stay up for 6 days (minimum) playing the game. He taped the "block" button down and went about his day, working, sleeping, etc.........DOUBLE VOID! (lol)

Come on. Be gone with this score...Before I drop a house on it.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Join us