thread

Dispute: AL Birman - Intellivision - Tron Deadly Discs - NTSC/PAL - Default Settings - Player: Ron Corcoran - Score: 722,368,800

User Tag List

Is this a valid dispute?

This poll is closed
    This poll is closed
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Results 61 to 70 of 70
  1. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 2,348
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    910
    Thanks (Received)
    571
    Likes (Received)
    1262
    Blog Entries
    58
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Follows
    28
    Following
    25
    I was not implying that Dave actually liked your post, either in part or in whole. I was simply pointing out that he clicked the "Like" and "Thanked For" buttons at the bottom of your post. This is indicated beneath your post. I would consider clicking those buttons to be a contribution to the thread.


    Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    RTM REPLY - now that's not fair...he might have liked one particular element of what I posted, not necessarily the entirety...there are no forum rules that mandate that you should not click "like" unless you like ALL of the thread. Same for clicking "Thanks".

    That stated, while by the letter-of-the-law every score can be submitted for the score challenge process, a very tedious effort to say the least, Jace can always be petitioned to enforce one of the oldest and grandest-in-scope of TG's original policies governing such matters. I believe they can be found somewhere within the TG site as I saw them linked in one of the many recent responses. Then, when the petition is formally made using the results of this first finding assuming it is conclusive, we can wait and see whether Jace takes the hard line stance or not.

    I personally hope he does.
  2. VERIFIED Legendary Member Credibility: 2,568
    Join Date
    Jan 1998
    Posts
    2,773
    Thanks (Received)
    780
    Likes (Received)
    1552
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Follows
    38
    Following
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by DadsGlasses View Post
    This is not the first dispute logged against Ron. One score has already been removed via this "score by score" dispute process. In the resolution it was confirmed that Twin Galaxies wants to continue on a score by score basis with Ron.

    http://www.twingalaxies.com/showthre...core-4-451-480


    RTM REPLY - thanks for pointing this one out...I missed it entirely as I quite honestly did not "discover" the dispute forum until just 2 weeks ago or so.

    So...has anyone started a formal thread demanding that TG management take into consideration the findings of the above dispute, couple that with other recent accusations and findings, and request that the TG policy on unilateral removal of all scores be brought to the table against the individual in question ?

    Jace seems to want full transparency so this would be the way to go rather than just counting on him doing so on his own. Get it in writing. Give him an opportunity to review and respond...a week would be fair in terms of a mere response, and 2 weeks total for a firm decision. If he decides yes to remove then I am sure that he can have his programming team globally change the status of all of Ron's scores. Whether the new system has the capacity to retain them as bogus or whether they all need to be completely expunged, that I have no idea as I am unfamiliar with the mechanics and limitations of the new system in place.
  3. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 2,348
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    910
    Thanks (Received)
    571
    Likes (Received)
    1262
    Blog Entries
    58
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Follows
    28
    Following
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Then, when the petition is formally made using the results of this first finding assuming it is conclusive, we can wait and see whether Jace takes the hard line stance or not.
    This is not the first score dispute filed against Ron. One has already been completed and the score removed. Dave Hawksett has confirmed that, at present, Ron still deserves a score by score approach in the eyes of Twin Galaxies admin.
  4. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 2,348
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    910
    Thanks (Received)
    571
    Likes (Received)
    1262
    Blog Entries
    58
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Follows
    28
    Following
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post

    So...has anyone started a formal thread demanding that TG management take into consideration the findings of the above dispute, couple that with other recent accusations and findings, and request that the TG policy on unilateral removal of all scores be brought to the table against the individual in question ?
    I do not have the credibility rating to start any sort of dispute.

    I do remember Dave Hawksett specifically mentioning that the issues surrounding Ron Corcoran and his many indiscretions were being discussed by himself and TG admin staff. I can't remember where he made that statement. It was months ago. It would appear that the result of that discussion was to give Ron the benefit of the doubt and continue with a score by score approach.
  5. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 7,863
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Vermilion, Ohio
    Posts
    5,051
    Thanks (Received)
    2156
    Likes (Received)
    3654
    Blog Entries
    112
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: snowflaketg
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    33 Thread(s)
    Follows
    46
    Following
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    RTM REPLY - thanks for pointing this one out...I missed it entirely as I quite honestly did not "discover" the dispute forum until just 2 weeks ago or so.

    So...has anyone started a formal thread demanding that TG management take into consideration the findings of the above dispute, couple that with other recent accusations and findings, and request that the TG policy on unilateral removal of all scores be brought to the table against the individual in question ?

    Jace seems to want full transparency so this would be the way to go rather than just counting on him doing so on his own. Get it in writing. Give him an opportunity to review and respond...a week would be fair in terms of a mere response, and 2 weeks total for a firm decision. If he decides yes to remove then I am sure that he can have his programming team globally change the status of all of Ron's scores. Whether the new system has the capacity to retain them as bogus or whether they all need to be completely expunged, that I have no idea as I am unfamiliar with the mechanics and limitations of the new system in place.
    This right here is a formal dispute that has the request to remove ron's score. Now i realize you mean a separate dispute, but such an option does not exist. Also if i want to challenge a track itself I have to instead challenge a score on the track, and then use that dispute to make it about the track. This is currently our best option for that. Starting a separate thread would not be as good as it sounds since a separate thread would not be in the challenge area and could be edited after the fact. Challenges need to be uneditable, also challenges can only officially be for scores, so the bandaid is to challenge a score and then make it about the thing related to the score that you really want to address.
    Mr. Do's Castle champ
    Lode Runner champ
    Other kid's games champ

    Adult Games: Street Fighter champ
  6. VERIFIED Legendary Member Credibility: 2,568
    Join Date
    Jan 1998
    Posts
    2,773
    Thanks (Received)
    780
    Likes (Received)
    1552
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Follows
    38
    Following
    12
    Thanks DadsGlasses thanked this post
    Likes Barra liked this post
  7. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 4,540
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    All of Canada
    Posts
    1,304
    Thanks (Received)
    842
    Likes (Received)
    1633
    Blog Entries
    15
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: intellivisionmaster
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Follows
    18
    Following
    19
    I made a new sample game of Tron from 0 points to 2,000,000 points. The scoring and game-play in this game does not change after a million points.

    Here is the link:

    https://youtu.be/Ceh6HKG0BXQ


    On the video; I increase my score from ONE MILLION to TWO MILLION from 9:29 to 16:33 (approximately 7 minutes) for each additional Million.

    At my pace; the "fastest skill level in the world"; it would take (7 minutes * 722) = 5054 minutes (straight, with no breaks, and keeping this lightning-fast speed, and NEVER missing a shot against the recognizer).... to get to 722 Million points.

    5054 minutes = 84 Hours = 3 1/2 days (straight, going at this speed the entire time)

    And, never losing your man.

    IMPOSSIBLE

    Likes d3scride liked this post
  8. VERIFIED Legendary Member Credibility: 2,568
    Join Date
    Jan 1998
    Posts
    2,773
    Thanks (Received)
    780
    Likes (Received)
    1552
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Follows
    38
    Following
    12
    Agree...impossible.

    In comparison, the world record for the game "Journey Escape" (Atari 2600) is another title that took 85 or so hours to complete and, as I understand it, is effectively a single-life game since one miss/blowing it and that's all she wrote.

    As for the "Tron" record, Ron told me that it took him 104 hours inclusive of 2 hours of sleep...so he told me years back. I would have had no way to know true/false as I never played that title even once.
  9. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 4,540
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    All of Canada
    Posts
    1,304
    Thanks (Received)
    842
    Likes (Received)
    1633
    Blog Entries
    15
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: intellivisionmaster
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Follows
    18
    Following
    19
    I'll add one more key point ...

    You rack up points faster for hitting the Recognizers - 100,000 points each (after you pass 100,000 points).

    In this sample, I hit 14/14 Recognizers. That's not a "normal" average. Assuming someone would hit 9/14; or 10/14 Recognizers, it would take 125 hours to get the same score as I would in 84 hours.

    At a pace of 9/14 Recognizers, at the same pace, at 16:33, the player would be at 1,500,000 instead of 2 million points. It would take MUCH longer to get to 722 million.

    This sample is MY skill level and MY pace.

    Further, if Ron slept for two hours, he had to have paused the game. I tried leeching on the top corner, and you can't just sit there forever. Eventually you'll get hit once and it lowers your blocker. You still have to be awake to perform the leeching technique.

  10. VERIFIED COMMISSIONER Credibility: 8,000
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Leigh-On-Sea, UK
    Posts
    227
    Thanks (Received)
    251
    Likes (Received)
    431
    Blog Entries
    10
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Follows
    17
    Following
    6
    All of the evidence and discussion above, when added together, are sufficient to have this bogus score removed. Thanks to everyone who contributed to this dispute.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Join us