thread

Formal Request for Consideration - Unilateral Removal of ALL Scores by Former TG Referee Ron Corcoran

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. VERIFIED Legendary Member Credibility: 2,568
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

Formal Request for Consideration - Unilateral Removal of ALL Scores by Former TG Referee Ron Corcoran

To Twin Galaxies management team:

I am submitting and directing a formal request for the consideration of Twin Galaxies management that all scores currently in the Twin Galaxies database attributed to Ron Corcoran as of today (Oct18/17) be summarily removed from the database.

One of the oldest Twin Galaxies policies in place allows management the purvue to remove all of a gamer's scores within the TG database when one or more of those scores is found and proven to be the direct result of cheating as outlined in the Twin Galaxies policies governing cheating in video games.

One score dispute reached a conclusion in favour of removal, while another one is currently underway (see below).

Additionally, anecdotal evidence suggests that this former Twin Galaxies referee entered one or more of his own scores into the Twin Galaxies database which were the direct result of cheating, a further breach of trust.

As a former Twin Galaxies official myself I would like to be the first gamer to sign my name to this formal request. Please give this request your due consideration. Thank you.

Robert T Mruczek
    Former Twin Galaxies chief referee

http://www.twingalaxies.com/showthre...core-4-451-480

http://www.twingalaxies.com/showthre...re-722-368-800
    Thanks DadsGlasses, datagod, redelf thanked this post
    Likes DadsGlasses, Barra, Snowflake, RaGe, HugDD and 8 others liked this post
  2. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 2,348
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I would like to add my name to this petition. I would also like to thank Robert for starting this thread.

Ron Corcoran engaged in many, many behaviors that brought harm to Twin Galaxies, individual gamers, the gaming community, his family, and society at large. None of these instances should be viewed in isolation, but rather as a whole. His impact on this community has been a net negative.

Ron's actions directly resulted in the loss of hundreds of hours (in the form of VHS submissions) of hard work by honest gamers. This hard work has been lost, and will never be recovered. This was personal property that members of the gaming community entrusted to a Twin Galaxies referee. The scores submissions on these tapes will never have their place on the leaderboards. This is a travesty, and the responsibility for this lies with one person.

There is no benefit to Twin Galaxies, or to the gaming community, to continue to honor Ron Corcoran with any place on the Twin Galaxies leaderboards.

Full disclosure: My own name appears on a few tracks on which Ron has scores. For the purpose of eliminating the suspicion of a conflict of interest, I offer to have my own scores voluntarily removed from these tracks. I care more about the integrity of the tracks than I do about advancing my own scores by way of removing Ron's.
    Thanks datagod thanked this post
    Likes datagod liked this post
  3. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 2,348
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I would invite @Dave Hawksett and @Jace Hall to please consider this request.
  4. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 12,601
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: idesidious
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    65 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Count me in.
    The Fisher King
  5. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 7,875
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    View Channel: snowflaketg
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    33 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    not sure if just "liking" works or a comment is needed, but if officially adding my name to this petition counts for anything I'm in.
    Mr. Do's Castle champ
    Lode Runner champ
    Other kid's games champ

Adult Games: Street Fighter champ
    Likes DadsGlasses liked this post
  6. VERIFIED Legendary Member Credibility: 2,568
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    As TG (currently) has no mechanism for a dispute on anything outside of a single score or whether a gamer is behaving themselves (i.e. "Tribunal"), there is little recourse for the gaming community to launch a dispute of this nature outside of a posting in the general gaming forum.

Hopefully senior TG management will take note and give this request due consideration and, further, a reply with a decided course of action and an explanation as to why. For a dispute of this nature, a simple "Yes we can" or "No we can't" is disingenuous and an explanation is warranted. Due to the nature of this dispute we are entitled to no less as the decision has a broad impact of affecting both TG as a brand and the integrity of the scoreboard which we rely on, plus the disservice that the individual in question did to all submitting gamers involved by losing their submitted documentation which he held custody over on behalf of TG and was entrusted to do so in good faith by all submitting gamers.
    Thanks DadsGlasses, datagod thanked this post
    Likes DadsGlasses liked this post
  7. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 6,135
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    View Channel: rogerpoco48
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    60 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I prefer, on this subject, to look at it with blinders.
    Evidently, the guy self-entered impossible scores, as far as I can gather.
    That in itself is enough of an issue to follow up on this request.
    The rest of his behavior was evidently pretty destructive, and I hurt for those affected, but the issues that make this proposal relevant started well before those events, making a semi-educated guess.

I have to ignore the rest. It makes me see red, bad.
    Moving on, probably best.

Thanks to @RTM for his recent slight surge of involvement around here.
    (Have talked to him a wee bit, nice Guy, not sucking up for attention here, lol!).

I can't and don't speak for everyone, but I think if we didn't have someone like you that "was there" willing to attempt to speak up, some of these issues may never be uncovered.

Adding support to this thread, but also adding support to your own personal integrity-I know you are a gamer through and through, and I believe that your only intent is to help make things "right" for the current generation of gamers.
    Thanks RTM, DadsGlasses, datagod thanked this post
    Likes Barra liked this post
  8. VERIFIED Legendary Member Credibility: 2,568
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I like to preserve what worked and excise what did not...what remains is a stronger, more trustworthy brand. I'm no longer part of TG, but I never liked seeing it go downhill. There's a lot of good in the ideals and purpose, but you know the expression "One Bad Apple"...problem is there were a few to deal with here.

Still a ways to go, but addressing the Ron issue head on is a major step in the right direction. Enough is enough.
    Thanks Rogerpoco, DadsGlasses, datagod thanked this post
    Likes Snowflake, DadsGlasses liked this post
  9. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 5,644
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    View Channel: BarraNZ
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    100% for this

2 of Ron's scores have been removed as per the formal dispute process now. 3 strikes and you're out?
    Last edited by Barra; 10-20-2017 at 06:40 AM.
    Likes Marcade liked this post
  10. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 2,348
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Barra View Post
    100% for this

2 of Ron's scores has been removed as per the formal dispute process now. 3 strikes and you're out?
    At this point, this HAS to be a no brainer for Twin Galaxies.

They can take the easy way out and just delete due to cheating. They don't even need to address the protection of the brand and TG members by removing someone that damaged the company.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Join us