thread

Formal Request for Consideration - Unilateral Removal of ALL Scores by Former TG Referee Ron Corcoran

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
  1. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 6,141
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: rogerpoco48
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    60 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I tried to watch the whole thing, he kinda got in a rut that wasn't going anywhere, lol!

First-now is now. If he is that good at MC, then he should just perform under exact TG specifications and go for the score now-I do believe he would have a chance, truly, he does seem passionate about the game.

Second...
    Oh. My, full disclosure, lol!
    I actually contacted Roy once after my Burgertime adventure, I got it in my head that Billy Mitchell simply didn't like me(anonymous source said he was gonna call and congrat, never did, then the "MAME players don't count" comment shortly after my W/R-I know now that it wasn't as big an accomplishment as I saw it at the time, he wasn't referring to me, I just thought the guy had it out for me...).
    Asked Roy to help me get a real BT arcade cabinet, ala King of Kong, hehe, he responded but I didn't really follow up.

I was just looking for a free Burgertime cabinet!
    :)

I DO think, though, Roy, if you happen to peruse this-Man, if you are good at Missile Command, then just check out how things are right this moment at TG, follow the guidelines for proper submissions, and go officially get your World Record that has bugged you for so long!!!
  2. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 4,159
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Wow, I just heard from "DadsGlasses" that Ron's scores are gone...wow !!
    I believe TG made the right call here, but I also want to mention I view this as basically a one-off situation - I think in almost all other cases, the dispute system should be what we use to remove scores, and we shouldn't campaign for a person to be unilaterally removed from the database.
  3. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 5,644
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    View Channel: BarraNZ
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    The correct decision was made

Hopefully we get a final statement from TG regarding the issue so we can put this to rest forever.
    Thanks datagod thanked this post
    Likes RTM, datagod liked this post
  4. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 2,348
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonV91 View Post
    I believe TG made the right call here, but I also want to mention I view this as basically a one-off situation - I think in almost all other cases, the dispute system should be what we use to remove scores, and we shouldn't campaign for a person to be unilaterally removed from the database.
    I agree that this was a very unique situation. I certainly hope that nothing even remotely similar to this ever happens again.
  5. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 1,690
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonV91 View Post
    I agree, but I think there's merit for TG management to consider formalizing the pre-TGSAP rule evoked by RTM; namely, that players who submit multiple false scores "qualify" to have all of their scores removed, presumably because such behaviour is deemed abusive and contrary to the standards of TG. These multiple infractions would be revealed through the dispute system before highlighting the individual for general censure through the removal of all associated scores.
    Last edited by The Evener; 10-20-2017 at 07:37 PM.
    Thanks DadsGlasses thanked this post
    Likes DadsGlasses liked this post
  6. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 4,159
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by The Evener View Post
    I agree, but I think there's merit for TG management to consider formalizing the pre-TGSAP rule evoked by RTM; namely, that players who submit multiple false scores "qualify" to have all of their scores removed, presumably because such behaviour is deemed abusive and contrary to the standards of TG. These multiple infractions would be revealed through the dispute system before highlighting the individual for general censure through the removal of all associated scores.
    Completely agree, multiple false scores would definitely be one of the situations where a complete removal from the database is warranted - I mean, the whole point of this site is authentic scores, and false ones are like weeds in a garden...I'm hoping that is as much a rarity as this situation was.
  7. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 14,123
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    View Channel: marcamy_1029
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    28 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Now that TG made the choice (the right choice) to expunge all of Ron's scores, the rankings and percentage column is now currently out of wack. @TWIN GALAXIES... Please adjust this, as his former #1 scores (and others) no longer exist. Thanks...

eg. 2600 - Ms,Pac-Man

Name:  image.png
Views: 123
Size:  204.1 KB

eg. Homerun: (His former #1 rank had over 25 runs submitted, (which i am sure was bogus as well, under incorrect difficulty settings).

Attachment 40806
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Marcade; 10-21-2017 at 12:33 PM.
  8. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 1,351
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    26 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, just wow, I can't believe this. I suggested it a few weeks ago. Glad that POS is gone from the scoreboards.
  9. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 1,351
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    26 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcade View Post
    Now that TG made the choice (the right choice) to expunge all of Ron's scores, the rankings and percentage column is now currently out of wack. @TWIN GALAXIES... Please adjust this, as his former #1 scores (and others) no longer exist. Thanks...

eg. 2600 - Ms,Pac-Man

Views: 123
Size:  204.1 KB

eg. Homerun: (His former #1 rank had over 25 runs submitted, (which i am sure was bogus as well, under incorrect difficulty settings).

Attachment 40806
    Nope Marc that is correct, you can never be number 1, just number 2 which can have two meanings. :)
    Thanks DadsGlasses thanked this post
  10. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 14,123
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    View Channel: marcamy_1029
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    28 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by HectorTelloc View Post
    Nope Marc that is correct, you can never be number 1, just number 2 which can have two meanings. :)
    Speaking of "removals", I also know someone who was thrown out of a TG sponsored tournament.

Views: 120
Size:  731.4 KB
    Likes HectorTelloc liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Join us