Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

Redneck Rampage

I decided after 20+ years to try this PC title...thank heaven for www.gog.com !!

Question, every stage has a built-in game timer which is great, but for overall completion, should I ever wish to submit at some point, would that be the aggregate sum of all the individual stages from start-to-end in an unbroken sequence, or does the "in between time" when it ends one stage after the stats and loads another also be counted ?

I'm not at the track creation point just yet...just wondering for when the time comes.
    Likes HectorTelloc liked this post
  2. VERIFIED Legendary Member Credibility: 2,568
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I've been playing this title heavily for the past few weeks since I purchased it. That www.gog.com site is just awesome, worth checking out.

Anyway, this is one of those titles where the difficulty is set at inception. There are 5 levels of difficulty and the default is the 2nd of the 5, with "Wuss" being the easiest and "Psychobilly" being the hardest.

I'm still practicing but getting better (see screenshot). The game has a "par" completion speed stat per level so you can gauge how you did, but the built-in programmer's or game tester's personal best is phenomenal for stage one. However that is the SAME personal best for all other stages, so I really have no way to know what a fast completion for stages on this title are.

I'll keep at it and eventually create one variation for fastest completion of Stage 1 on default, just to get things started, and when I get much better I'll create a challenge of fastest completion on "Psychobilly" difficulty...that difficulty is just plain insane. Right now I'm about a minute faster than "par time" for the initial stage.

Can't wait to post my first submission once I feel I'm doing well enough. It's a fun title with some amusing music background as well as background sounds and graphics.

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  212.1 KB
    Likes datagod, HectorTelloc liked this post
  3. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 3,322
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    49 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    That is a very fun game, from what I recall. Glad you are enjoying it too.
    "May the Heavy Hand spare you" -- Datagod 1:19
    ~~ Strongest Punch on Twin Galaxies ~~

4. VERIFIED Legendary Member Credibility: 2,568
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Dang...I just got smoked by Buford T. Justice !! Or at least a reasonable facsimile :)Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  169.4 KB
  5. VERIFIED Legendary Member Credibility: 2,568
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Getting there...just have to figure out how to shave off 30 more seconds and I'll start submitting !!

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  211.9 KB
  6. VERIFIED Legendary Member Credibility: 2,568
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Getting close !! I found the perfect path but lots of fine tuning still necessary. Will submit at some point soon just for the opening mission as this is a game where subsequent missions start you off with what you left off the previous board carrying so it's apples-to-oranges for those...except mission 8 which for some reason starts you off with nearly bupkis again.

Name:  RNR.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  211.9 KB
Join us