Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    71 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Why Would Twin Galaxy Owner Jace Hall Say No of All the Twin Galaxy Members Here for the Exception of his Staff & Walter Day

1.Robert What Possible Reason Would he Say No to Adding to the Current MAME Super Galaxian Rule to Allow Any Bonus 4,000, 5,000 & 7,000?

Jace Hall would Totally Say YES. And that was Years Ago TG Can do it Easily how about Commissioner Dave Hawksett or Franny they Will Say Yes to the Legend,

You Have Not done Anything Wrong to Jace Hall
    or Twin Galaxy Staff then their is No Problem Right.

Therefore Solving the Problem and No Confusion On Future Video Game Submission for MAME Super Galaxian.

And May do this other Similar Video Game Tracks that have the Same Issues their be NO Debates or Problems on it

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    RTM REPLY - Hi Juan. Actually I'd prefer not to ask him to do so...it would set a bad precedent.

As a matter of fact, I am likely the one who set the original rules up in the database, so double-dumba__ on me for not checking before I played the game. I had practiced on the title on and off for weeks and just took it for granted that I had the settings correct when I happened to crank out the 50K. Thankfully some insight has now shown that this had zero impact on the outcome of the performance else I would willingly rescind my own submission.
  2. VERIFIED Legendary Member Credibility: 2,568
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by lexmark View Post
    I asked for mathematical proof not mathematical theory and possibilities, as yous have presented.

Let me say it again....the only way to to be 100% certain that "it doesn't make a difference" is to play the game at the highest possible level on both settings many hundreds or even thousands of times. Given that none of you have done that, how can you claim "no difference"?

The easiest way out of this problem is that everyone plays by the same rules. That's it. No problem.

Let me be more clear...I'm totally rejecting the notion that it's OK for someone to pass adjudication with a ZK submission that doesn't follow the written settings. Regardless of the fact that you THINK it "makes no difference"!

I'm more than happy to be sympathetic to a submission that might have suffered an unfortunate circumstance that likely didn't alter the result. Your not getting the settings right is NOT an unfortunate circumstance.

RTM REPLY - OK, to summarize what John sad above, in effect...Letter of the Law...No Inflexibility....Mistakes are Not Tolerated.

John,15 years back if a referee operated under that mantra they likely would not have been a referee for long. You are looking at the rules through a lens with no possibility of peripheral vision. And to what end ?

You still haven't answered my question as to the real decisions on my arcade WR "Scramble" score achieved with 3 lives instead of 5, which Walter himself accepted, or Abdner's abruptly terminated performance of an unknown specific score where we accepted a rounded value in lieu of what happened, also accepted by Walter.

There's a difference between being a staunch defender of integrity in the database and being a zealot about it.
    Likes redelf, datagod liked this post
  3. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 3,325
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    49 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by lexmark View Post
    I asked for mathematical proof not mathematical theory and possibilities, as yous have presented.

Let me say it again....the only way to to be 100% certain that "it doesn't make a difference" is to play the game at the highest possible level on both settings many hundreds or even thousands of times. Given that none of you have done that, how can you claim "no difference"?

WRONG

Decompiling roms and reading the code, or in rare cases finding the original source code is the best and fastest way to do this.
    "May the Heavy Hand spare you" -- Datagod 1:19
    ~~ Strongest Punch on Twin Galaxies ~~

Likes RTM, bensweeneyonbass liked this post
  4. VERIFIED Legendary Member Credibility: 2,568
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I have to imagine that with a moniker of "Datagod" he must know this to be true :)
    Likes datagod liked this post
  5. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 2,769
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by redelf View Post
    I wonder if someone in the community that knows how to modify an inp can go into Roberts inp and change the value of that dip so that it says 7k and then play it back. I would bet that nothing changes in the gameplay, the inp will play back perfect. And while they are at it they can also do that to any crazykong inp and change that value to a higher or lower value and I bet again that the inp will play back perfectly. Would this satisfy your thinking and stance on these issues John.
    And we have a winner! Using a hex editor, I was able to modify Robert's inp so that the bonus setting was set to 7K. The modified inp plays back exactly to the same score (50,400).

I'll take a stab at a Crazy Kong inp later this weekend.
    Thanks datagod, bensweeneyonbass thanked this post
    Likes redelf, datagod, timhett, bensweeneyonbass liked this post
  6. VERIFIED VERIFIED Credibility: 10,326
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    If you do edit the Crazy Kong inp do it twice, only modify the beginning as the dips are only read once and it might not be necessary to do the whole inp. And then do the whole inp if it is easy to do. Run both and see if any problems in the first few minutes otherwise I'm thinking it's good either way.
    Likes datagod liked this post
  7. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 23,017
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    47 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by datagod View Post
    WRONG

Decompiling roms and reading the code, or in rare cases finding the original source code is the best and fastest way to do this.
    Your theory is the fastest way to fail, Bill!

Quote Originally Posted by DBH
    And we have a winner!
    Not so fast, Don. I have a couple of questions......

1.....what happens when you hex edit the bonus life to 0 (zero)?

2.....what happens when you hex edit "lives:3" to lives:0 (zero)?

I would appreciate if my good friend George Strain can confirm your findings.

More questions to come after you publish your findings!

For the record, for those that don't know, both Don and George are on record in the CAGDC zookeeper thread for BS/deceptive claims/arguments that either are biased to their own beliefs/opinions or their friends! Just saying!

To be clear, I agree the score is valid. Just NOT for the track it was submitted on. Hence my dispute.

john

8. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 2,769
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by redelf View Post
    If you do edit the Crazy Kong inp do it twice, only modify the beginning as the dips are only read once and it might not be necessary to do the whole inp. And then do the whole inp if it is easy to do. Run both and see if any problems in the first few minutes otherwise I'm thinking it's good either way.
    Agreed, this is a good point.

For the superg inp, I did only modify the dip settings for the first few seconds since I was doing it manually through a hex editor. To do the full inp, which is the next logical step, I need to write a quick program to do that. The reason for this is because the dip settings are actually recorded in every frame stored in the inp file.

Quote Originally Posted by lexmark
    1.....what happens when you hex edit the bonus life to 0 (zero)?
    I can try this after the other tests. The game should end at the same point where Robert lost his third life on the original recording.

2.....what happens when you hex edit "lives:3" to lives:0 (zero)?
    This is not a valid setting for the game so it can't be done. I could try "lives:5". In this case, the fourth life should be lost at the same point of the original recording and the final two lives would simply die off quickly since there is no user input to move the ship out of the way.

For the record, for those that don't know, both Don and George are on record in the CAGDC zookeeper thread for BS/deceptive claims/arguments that either are biased to their own beliefs/opinions or their friends! Just saying!
    You are on record for BS/deceptive claims/arguments that are biased on your own beliefs, along with emotional, illogical outbursts when people don't agree with your findings.
    Thanks datagod thanked this post
    Likes RTM, redelf, datagod, timhett liked this post
  9. VERIFIED Legendary Member Credibility: 2,568
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by dbh View Post
    Agreed, this is a good point. You are on record for BS/deceptive claims/arguments that are biased on your own beliefs, along with emotional, illogical outbursts when people don't agree with your findings.

RTM REPLY - i've followed that never-ending thread since inception...this just about sums it up :)
  10. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 2,769
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I would appreciate if my good friend George Strain can confirm your findings.
    George has already confirmed this in the actual submission thread (he changed the setting for the entire inp):

http://www.twingalaxies.com/showthre...l=1#post928509
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Join us