thread

2017 - Peer choice Awards - On behalf of all Twin Galaxies Gamers.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
  1. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 3,639
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    57 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    2017 Contributor of the YearRoger “Poco” Blair

Roger is a positive and genuine person. Those qualities shine through in his posts and submissions. His deep baritone voice catches your ears immediately after pressing play for any of his TG videos. His Atari 2600 Decathlon EMU runs were inspiring – he set his marks despite a balky right elbow.
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
  2. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 4,549
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: intellivisionmaster
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    2017 Contributor of the Year;

Roger "Poco" Blair

Not that he shouldn't be nominated for Gamer of the Year; because he does have some outstanding submissions ....

But his best quality is his participation in the community. His diverse submissions, commentary on many different consoles, positive attitude and the fact that he encourages other players; even his own competitors.

I gave Roger the moniker "Everyone's Buddy".

Likes Desidious, Marcade, sdwyer138, kernzyp liked this post
  3. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 4,549
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    2017 Console Gamer of the year

Way too soon to vote for this one !!!

I'm waiting until mid-December at least !!!

4. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 14,129
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    View Channel: marcamy_1029
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    28 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I see some real good choices so far...
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  5. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 4,177
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonV91 View Post
    Gamer of the year - (Consoles/PC) - Glen Sampson deserves some consideration here - he's been killing it on the 2600, especially lately.

Rookie of the Year
    - Gotta be Al Birman, and it isn't close.

Performance of the Year
    - I agree with Max, Thomas Bauer's one-man Gyruss score on MAME is just bananas...I also had to double-take when I saw that.
    Forgot about this one since it happened while I was away from TG, but honorable mention for Performance of the Year to Pat Laffaye who put up over 1 million on Frogger on MAME - there are so many people gamers that can't score 50k on that game. This is really neck and neck with the Gyruss score...I think I give Thomas the slight nod simply because his performance was done with a single life, but Pat's performance was incredible as well.
    Thanks Intellivision Master thanked this post
  6. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 4,549
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I second Pat Laffeye’s MAME Frogger score as the performance submission of the year.

7. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 4,549
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    2017 Console Gamer of the Year:

Roger "Poco" Blair

Roger put up (so far) about 200 WR's on console games in 2017. Not that volume means everything; but there was plenty of quality in there; and diversity.

Roger went up against the best of every console this year.

He passed my buddy Rage on the Vectrex for the number one spot and really fought for it

He challenged Greg on many games on the Atari and managed to match several of his maxouts - and beat a number of Greg's scores; that forced Greg to come back to re-play the game to reclaim his score. He climbed up to a very high position on the Atari leader-board this year.

He has been challenging me on the Intellivision - and I don't see anything stopping him from grabbing the # 2 spot on the console. He's killing it - mostly on games that I haven't played yet.

He holds world records on Play-station, Sega, Nintendo-DS, and a couple of hand-held's that I never heard of.

I don't see Roger slowing down one bit - so there's no point waiting until December for this vote.

Mentions:

Gregdeg: Greg is a superstar and inspires all of us with every submission. I went with Roger because of sheer volume and console diversity over Greg; and the fact that Greg won last year.

Rodrigo / Brandon / Sean: These guys I think are part of the "World Record" song on Settle it on the screen. I'm talking EVERY SINGLE NIGHT after the "World Record" song ends, we see Rodrigo, Brandon and Sean with a new world record. Unbelievable. If I gamed all day long, I wouldn't be able to match these guys' numbers. (Which I only game part-time).

Glen: is coming on strong late in the year. But he's absolutely killing it on the Atari. One to watch in 2018.

Bris: Also a regular on the SIOS World Record announcements. Mostly his driving games are incredible. Every driving game has completely different controls, but you wouldn't know it watching his submissions. He always makes it look easy.

Rage: Climbed to the top of Sega this year. Awesome !!! Those games are tough. The programming of the controls on Sega are not very good. The programming of the controls on Intellivision is way better. As with Bris, Rage makes his driving games look easy .... but they are tough !!

2017 Prolific Gamer:

Rudy Ferretti

Who else, other than the Console Player of the Century - Most exciting submissions.

2017 Arcade/Mame Gamer of the Year:

I'm nominating Jason and John.

Excellent submissions all year from both of them, John on Arcade and Jason on Mame.

It's too bad these categories are not split up.

If I have to go with one, I vote for "V" ... Jason. He climbed up to the top-10 leader-board on MAME - the most popular 'console' at TG... and he's going to hit the kill screen on Turbo Jr. Pac one of these days.

Food for thought for future voters !!!

Thanks JasonV91, RaGe, Rogerpoco, Desidious thanked this post
    Likes GregDeg, sdwyer138, RaGe, Rogerpoco, Desidious liked this post
  8. VERIFIED Legendary Member Credibility: 2,574
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Too bad there isn't a category called "Most Interesting Tracks Created"...I think Allen Staal would have an absolute lock on that one :)
    Likes Marcade, Rogerpoco liked this post
  9. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 6,177
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    View Channel: rogerpoco48
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    60 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Honored to be mentioned here, but I like "Everyone's Buddy", that award suits me best. Matters the most to me.

I see the interest/need for this kind of discussion, but the calls are just so close, depending on one's personal interest.

One that I think personally is a no-brainer is most prolific.
    That's @jmb .
    To me, prolific means versatile, to some degree, in the sense that we are speaking.
    JMB does a lot of racing games, because he enjoys them. But he also hands it to serious 2600 games, is playing Odessy 2 like mad, and quietly took the top NDS spot back from me-the guy can play anything at a high level, and I respect that to no end.

Al, frankly, needs a new award created just because of him-Instant Legends. He came here as the best INT player of all-time, and the dude is getting better every day, I think! He has pushed TG, and TG has pushed him back-there is no challenge that he cannot rise to, I truly believe that. I'll stop there.

Like Al, I think Greg deserves an award all his own-the Guy seriously likes to see other gamers get better, and does everything he can to help them out. There's a spiritual saying about being a mirror, reflecting light into dark places-that's Greg.

Performance of the year.
    One of the most arbitrary, IMO.
    Hector, like me, is a mortal, not a Game God-no offense, and I think he would concur.
    He was going to get the 5.61, period. If he gets the 5.57, great. If not-that's ok, Man. You did it, and you have it forever!
    A number of Al's INT performances won't likely be seen again. Those can't be discounted.
    This list could go on, there have been many amazing performances of late.

I'm missing so much. Every single person here that I know has done something outstanding this year that deserves recognition, and I think this year at TG has just produced some of the best gaming that has ever been seen.
    I'm missing a few someones/somethings that are/were very important, no question, but these are the ones that occurred to me quickly.
    Thanks HectorTelloc, jmb, Intellivision Master thanked this post
    Likes Marcade, GregDeg, kernzyp liked this post
  10. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 1,351
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    26 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerpoco View Post
    Performance of the year.
    One of the most arbitrary, IMO.
    Hector, like me, is a mortal, not a Game God-no offense, and I think he would concur.
    He was going to get the 5.61, period. If he gets the 5.57, great. If not-that's ok, Man. You did it, and you have it forever!
    Thank you! I appreciate that, I been looking for an excuse to participate on this site since I joined in 2015. The whole Dragster debacle pulled me in. Had it not I would have eventually joined and focused on Atari 2600 games, preferable Activision games, even though there are a few other non Atari 2600 games I'd like to play. I plan to get the 5.57 soon, sad to say I'm waiting on a new controller to come in the mail since I broke my last Atari controller. But yeah I am just a mere mortal!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Join us