thread

MGLXXXIV - Game 2 ~ Dig Dug (closes 26-Nov)

User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
  1. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 1,288
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

MGLXXXIV - Game 2 ~ Dig Dug (closes 26-Nov)

Fygar’s Fire …

MGLXXXIV – Game 2 ~ Dig Dug

Nominated by gamers: Stephen Krogman, USA and bigredbird, Tasmania

ROM WolfMAME 0.106: digdugb (Rev 1)

Game Story:
    Dig tunnels underground and use an air pump to inflate and blow-up your enemies. You can also drop rocks on your foes. Dislodge two rocks and a bonus fruit or vegetable will appear in the center of the screen. A level ends when all the enemies have been destroyed.

Score Submissions:
    Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials. This game finishes Sunday 26 November 2017, 12am PST.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No cheats allowed. Use of the Double-Kill technique, where an enemy is killed by both pumping them up and dropping a rock on them simultaneously, resulting in a freeze of the game action, is considered an intentional glitch of the game, and is therefore a banned tactic.

Games can be played at the arcade. You must ensure the arcade operator has the game at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

GAME 2 … What round can you get up to? …

2. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 1,123
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: dalar75
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    --------
    Name:  0000.png
Views: 105
Size:  2.2 KB
    Likes yankeebest, OOO liked this post
  3. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 15,049

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: dmoreland
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Just a friendly note that the required rom is actually a clone of digdug, at least in 106. I'm uncertain as to why TG uses the clone in this case.
    "Cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good"

Visit my YouTube channel for videos of over 150 classic arcade games, most of which you won't see at your local arcade. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh4...56xV5To9gPqsLA
    Thanks OOO thanked this post
  4. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 10,211
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    58 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    36340 - never played this much and it shows.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Likes OOO liked this post
  5. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 1,288
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by D.B. Cooper View Post
    Just a friendly note that the required rom is actually a clone of digdug, at least in 106. I'm uncertain as to why TG uses the clone in this case.
    Thanks for posting this news. Another clone track instead of the original at TG.

Now, are you going to drop some quarters and game to submit your best score in the MGL at TG or not? ...
  6. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 1,288
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Fordy View Post
    36340 - never played this much and it shows.
    That's fine ... so many gamers out there have never played these CAG games before, and they are tough.

Just keep playing, work out your strategies, ask for tips if you need them, work out how the fruit and veg work, how the rocks work, best approaches on Pooka and Fygar, point combos and so on ... and you will improve and work this game out for better scores, guaranteed!
    Likes Fordy liked this post
  7. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 1,288
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Just letting you all know that probably the 2 best gamers in the world on Dig Dug arcade are Ken House and Donald Hayes.

In the spirit of the MGL and CAG gaming, I thought it would be a great head to head combat for these two great gamers to play in Game 2 Dig Dug of MGLXXXIV. Well I called Ken House today to have a friendly chat and ask him if he would be interested in competing in the MGL. He's a really great guy and he said he would play, which is great news for gaming and he may share some tips with us on this thread. I am still waiting for Donald to respond. Remember in the MGL, scores can be submitted gaming in MAME or on the arcade machine, as long as the game settings are correct as per the MGL game thread.

The MGL is for professional and casual gamers to enjoy competition in the video gaming universe, whether you finish 40th or in last place, it is still an achievement to do your best, grow, learn, share and give it your best shot. Welcome to the arcade.
    Last edited by OOO; 11-11-2017 at 07:11 PM.
  8. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 2,766
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by D.B. Cooper
    The roms for Dig Dug have changed in MAME over the years. I think what is now "digdugb" used to be "digdug" and it's actually the earlier and original revision (Namco set 1 vs. Namco set 2). The Atari versions also have a set 1 and set 2.

Quote Originally Posted by OOO
    Just letting you all know that probably the 2 best gamers in the world on Dig Dug arcade are Ken House and Donald Hayes.

In the spirit of the MGL and CAG gaming, I thought it would be a great head to head combat for these two great gamers to play in Game 2 Dig Dug of MGLXXXIV. Well I called Ken House today to have a friendly chat and ask him if he would be interested in competing in the MGL. He's a really great guy and he said he would play, which is great news for gaming and he may share some tips with us on this thread. I am still waiting for Donald to respond. Remember in the MGL, scores can be submitted gaming in MAME or on the arcade machine, as long as the game settings are correct as per the MGL game thread.

I will try to play but I honestly don't have much free time especially with the holidays coming up and table tennis practice for the US Open next month.
    Likes OOO liked this post
  9. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 1,288
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by dbh View Post
    I will try to play but I honestly don't have much free time especially with the holidays coming up and table tennis practice for the US Open next month.
    Hi Donald,

I don’t want to pressure you to game. This game goes for 17 days and if you would like to compete against the world and your great rival Ken House, then please game your best to win this game. Ken mentioned he would play 1 man on these settings and try and score over 1 million and post on this game thread. If his score is overtaken he would game on. There are some great rivalries in eSports and Ken and yourself fit the star billing on Dig Dug. Can you win this game against the very best?

I hope you can take up the challenge. I read in your bio you have been playing table tennis for over a decade. Is this skill part of the reason you play video games so well? How did you get so good at CAG video gaming? Please share your thoughts on your experience and what it takes to play great. All of your fellow gamers are interested in your feedback and this is a part of the spirit and community of CAG gaming in the MGL.
    Last edited by OOO; 11-11-2017 at 08:55 PM.
  10. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 1,288
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Day 3 of 17 ...

Now this is a pretty exciting game ... Dig Dug came out around the time of Mr Do! in 1982 and many thought the latter was a copy in concept of the former.

For now, Stephen leads the other pumping monster meisters ...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Join us