thread

Dispute: william rosa - Atari 2600 / VCS - Dragon Defender - NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B - Player: David B Yancey - Score: 47,500

User Tag List

Is this a valid dispute?

You may not vote on this poll
    You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
  1. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 7,863
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: snowflaketg
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    33 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

Dispute: william rosa - Atari 2600 / VCS - Dragon Defender - NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B - Player: David B Yancey - Score: 47,500

Atari 2600 / VCS - Dragon Defender - NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B
    Score Trackhttp://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=13890
    RulesDefault Settings
    Player NameDavid B Yancey
    Original AdjudicationN/A
    Verification MethodVideo
    Verification Date2005-06-20
    Disputed Score47,500 (Rank 1)
    Disputed BySnowflake
    Dispute Evidence / Rationaleanother case of the amazing david doing the impossible. rom only existed as pal at the time, but that didnt stop the amazing david from guessing a score for himself on this track. discussiong here, see modern innocent players paying the price for david's sins
    http://www.twingalaxies.com/showthre...-300-Roger-111

also check out the breakdown of the amazing david's incredible miraculous roll of cheating laid out here
    http://www.twingalaxies.com/showthre...588#post930588

strip all this guys scores. dont ban him of course, everyone at the new tg gets a "fresh slate". people who were banned for thing in the old tg were unbanned here, so its only fair he not be banned eitehr since if he were caught earlier the ban would've been reversed. not fair to give him a harsher punishemnt just cause he was caught later. strip all scores, but allow him to submit new ones -- as if he would, he doesnt even play games, he just guesses scores.
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco, francoisadt liked this post
  2. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 3,322
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    49 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Who was the referee that reviewed the performance and entered the score in the database?

The system allegedly prevented referees from logging in with their own account and entering scores, but did not record the entering referee? I don't buy that. Especially for a score from 2005 era.
    "May the Heavy Hand spare you" -- Datagod 1:19
    ~~ Strongest Punch on Twin Galaxies ~~

Likes Snowflake liked this post
  3. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 3,083
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    View Channel: wescopeland
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I wonder if Yancey will respond. He was so active here a few days ago defending his buddy Todd. I hope he's doing okay!
    Likes datagod liked this post
  4. VERIFIED Junior Member Credibility: 1,000
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Many years ago, I searched the TG database for all Atari 2600 game tracks that were entered in the database that had no score entries. I played one game of each of these games and recorded the score on my VCR for submission to TG. I just wanted to stimulate some interest in these obscure games by other players at TG. At the time, the TG website displayed all of the latest record submissions on the top right of the page. So I though if the active gamers at the time saw these scores coming in, they would play these particular games. It worked for many of these "inaugural" score submissions as others did eventually play them. These scores were not intended to be good scores. I just wanted them to show up on the front page of the website to get others interested in the games themselves.

I played this particular game, "Dragon Defender", on a Multicart which has the ROM for this game. I played it on my NTSC Atari and an NTSC television. I submitted the score as NTSC because that was what was entered in the TG database at the time for the score tracking. I thought the game looked and played fine. I do not own any PAL televisions nor any PAL hardware.

I have no problem with this score being removed from the database. I was just trying to stimulate interest in games
    that were already entered into the database
    that had not received any play or score submissions at that time. I submitted scores to many different referees in those days depending on which ones had the least backlog of tapes to review. I do not remember which referee reviewed this particular score. It was not an important score to me, so I gave it very little thought or consideration. I'm sorry to see that this has caused problems and anger for others. Please feel free to remove this score from the database with my blessing.
    Thanks nads thanked this post
    Likes nads liked this post
  5. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 7,863
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    33 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    That seems reasonable to me in isolation. I would like to clarify this score didnt cause anger, this challenge is a by product of the anger. I look forward to hearing your explanation for the impossible score of the challenge of nexar -- the score which coincidentally matches the typo in the insturction booklet.
    Mr. Do's Castle champ
    Lode Runner champ
    Other kid's games champ

Adult Games: Street Fighter champ
  6. VERIFIED Junior Member Credibility: 1,000
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I just found out about these 2 disputes today. I am preparing to explain as best I can about the Challenge of Nexar. That has been quite a difficult thread for me to read with all of the accusations, name calling, and challenges of my personal integrity. I would never talk about anyone who had done me no wrong in that manner. I am sorry to see that this is allowed to go on here at TG. That would never have happened back in the days when I submitted my scores to the database. I hope you will consider that I am a real person.
    Likes nads, HugDD, d3scride liked this post
  7. VERIFIED BANNED FOR POOR BEHAVIOR Credibility: 2,589
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    45 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by David Yancey View Post
    Many years ago, I searched the TG database for all Atari 2600 game tracks that were entered in the database that had no score entries. I played one game of each of these games and recorded the score on my VCR for submission to TG. I just wanted to stimulate some interest in these obscure games by other players at TG. At the time, the TG website displayed all of the latest record submissions on the top right of the page. So I though if the active gamers at the time saw these scores coming in, they would play these particular games. It worked for many of these "inaugural" score submissions as others did eventually play them. These scores were not intended to be good scores. I just wanted them to show up on the front page of the website to get others interested in the games themselves.

I played this particular game, "Dragon Defender", on a Multicart which has the ROM for this game. I played it on my NTSC Atari and an NTSC television. I submitted the score as NTSC because that was what was entered in the TG database at the time for the score tracking. I thought the game looked and played fine. I do not own any PAL televisions nor any PAL hardware.

I have no problem with this score being removed from the database. I was just trying to stimulate interest in games
    that were already entered into the database
    that had not received any play or score submissions at that time. I submitted scores to many different referees in those days depending on which ones had the least backlog of tapes to review. I do not remember which referee reviewed this particular score. It was not an important score to me, so I gave it very little thought or consideration. I'm sorry to see that this has caused problems and anger for others. Please feel free to remove this score from the database with my blessing.

It goes way beyond that you have many scores identical and entered same era as todd, I like to see an AVI or video of Seaquest please????

along with the same scores as todd has with you, IDK but seems like you both did bad things IDK, I know Todd did and you defend it shame on you!!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. VERIFIED Junior Member Credibility: 1,000
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I have never defended any of Todd's scores that were not legit. I was on the front lines stating facts against many of them, like Atari 2600 Barnstorming, Sky Jinks, and Stampede. Those were games that I had mastered, and I chose to give an opinion. Just because you have not been able to max Atari 2600 Seaquest, does not mean it can't be done.

Now please go away and leave me alone Mr Console Player of the Century. Write whatever you wish in this thread about me. I will not be responding to it again. I have done my best to answer the legitimate challenge questions. And yet you continue to pile on with more questioning of my integrity and my character. This is not how a community of gamers should treat each other.
    Likes d3scride liked this post
  9. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 3,322
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    49 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by David Yancey View Post
    This is not how a community of gamers should treat each other.
    Hello David,

I am glad that you came here to acknowledge the disputes and defend your position. I am a little concerned that there were several people now who had their scores challenged or were accused of shenanigans, and the answer is always "I was just padding the data base".

One player/referee in particular had 700 scores entered, most of which were "padding".

As for gamers treating each other unfairly or rudely, I would like to make a blanket statement that anyone who lies about a score and/or submits a fraudulent record into the database are worse than unfair; they are thieves.
    "May the Heavy Hand spare you" -- Datagod 1:19
    ~~ Strongest Punch on Twin Galaxies ~~

10. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 7,863
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    33 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I'd like to point out this was one of only two dispute where I admitted I was wrong and the only score I doubted of David Yancey's where I felt his explanation made sense. Also the fact the score wasnt removed seems to show the official stance is that I was wrong to challenge this. Great, everyone, myself included admits I was wrong.

So then, if this score is fine, then why is the track now locked? Why after we all concluded that the track is fine after all is noone ever gonna be allowed to submit on it again. Seems kind of unfair that David's score is considered valid, but noone else competing on the track is viewed as valid.
    Mr. Do's Castle champ
    Lode Runner champ
    Other kid's games champ

Adult Games: Street Fighter champ
Join us