thread

PlayStation 4 - The Crew - Faction Mission - Frontier Tour: Finish in the Top 3 [Score] - 20,398 - Shaun Michaud

User Tag List

Is this a valid score?

This poll is closed
    This poll is closed
  1. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 14,360
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    76 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

PlayStation 4 - The Crew - Faction Mission - Frontier Tour: Finish in the Top 3 [Score] - 20,398 - Shaun Michaud

Faction Mission - Frontier Tour: Finish in the Top 3 [Score]
    Score Trackhttp://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=210957
    Rules

Player may use any vehicle with any upgrades as limited by the game for the challenge. Where an option, must be played in Solo mode. Score taken from the results screen on successful completion of the challenge. For additional transparency, it is recommended that the player include the make, model, and performance level of the vehicle used to complete the skill challenge or mission.
    Submission MessageUpload attempt #5
    Likes RaGe liked this post
  2. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 14,360
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    76 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

Comments Regarding the Submission

This is a long submission. Per the game, the entire run averages about 2.5 hours. I completed the race in a little less than 2 hours. If you are brave enough to watch and adjudicate this submission, I did what I could to save you some time.

This is a race around the perimeter of the United States. While I can't tell you every specific state or city I drove through, I distinctly remember New York, Florida, Louisiana, California (Southern), and Colorado / Montana / Utah (Rocky Mountains). As for the performance itself, mistakes where made and often. The dozen or more crashes were bad, missing a crucial left turn was worse, and finishing in third place was the worst.

Only one attempt on these video, which starts around the 3m 55s mark. The vehicle is a Pagani Huayra Performance Class with 1497 performance points.

Thanks for watching and voting!
    "All persons ought to endeavor to follow what is right, and not what is established."

~Aristotle
  3. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 4,367
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    61 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Nice score, Shaun! Accepted!
    Jared Oswald
    World record holders on "Guitar Hero", "Rock Band" and Sonic games.
  4. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 16,300
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Accepted!!!

Track selected 2:26 of the video
    Name:  ft.png
Views: 8
Size:  640.3 KB

Final score 20,398
    Name:  ft2.png
Views: 9
Size:  249.4 KB
    Rodrigo Lopes
    Former Twin Galaxies Referee
    Metroid Team Member from Brazil
  5. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 29,089
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    70 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    That was an entertaining cross country joyride, despite the crappy music.

The game being played here, including featured music, is protected by copyright. The game's player is presenting footage of his gameplay as the core evidence of his submission's claim, which means he has uploaded it for an informative purpose. This is "fair use" of copyright protected material, therefore the player does not require the permission of the copyright owner to upload the material.

Gameplay, regardless of how inventive it is, is not "intellectual property". No game player may lawfully restrict anyone from replicating his or her gameplay, because gameplay cannot be protected by copyright. Thus, this submission's gameplay has not used copyright protected material to build "intellectual property"; it has not appropriated any "intellectual property"; it has not infringed any copyrights.

The Twin Galaxies website accepted the upload, and will retain the material, because TG's users need to analyse the material in order to adjudicate the submission's claim, and the material has to stay in place to support said claim. This is also "fair use" of copyright protected material, for analytical, adjudicative and archival purposes, therefore TG does not require the permission of the copyright owner to accept and retain the material.

Just thought I'd say that, in case anyone has the silly notion that all this footage is being presented "for entertainment purposes only".
Join us