Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

Thanks, TG !! Plus a Question for Anyone who Knows

My thanks to the TG admin staff for quickly taking down that garbage thread bashing Todd.

Now a question to anyone who is familiar with Atari 2600 "Venture".

The person who posted that questioned whether I achieved a score of 38,900 on "Venture" for that system.

15+ years ago I was submitting scores on whatever 2600 titles I could afford to buy off of Ebay or the local vintage game score in NYC. I am sure I played the game but I never made a copy of any of my 2600 scores, all were sent to Ron. Apparently he entered that score and a 31,900 by another gamer on the same day, plus a third gamer seems to have tied the 31,900 as well.

I have zero recollection of my exact score, but if the game "caps" at 31,900 (my score was 38,900) and if Ron botched the score entry then by all means launch a score dispute. I no longer own a 2600 nor a VCR or a video camera so my home console submission days are pretty much over, sad to say. Best I could do to compete at this point is via 2600 emulator if someone can point me in the right direction.
  2. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 7,863
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: snowflaketg
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    33 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    for emulators stella seems to be the emulator of choice. a google search should find you a download link.

as for the maxout, it seems highly unlikely the game maxes at such a strange number. that would be an issue for both you and todd's score. but that score isnt a power of two like 255/256 or 1024/1023 so i highly doubt its a maxout.

the game is just super hard, and i'm not a fan of the whole "its too hard so it must be cheated" mentality, dont get me wrong, theres a few scores i truly believe are too hard so must be cheated, but i'm not gonna make an accusation like that since i know how bad it sounds.
    Mr. Do's Castle champ
    Lode Runner champ
    Other kid's games champ

Adult Games: Street Fighter champ
  3. VERIFIED Legendary Member Credibility: 2,568
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I didn't think it was maxed at 31,900...that's a pretty stupid number to max out at.

Unfortunately, for those aware of a certain former referee, only 125 tapes were recovered from the police of which one (1) was attributed to me and approx 25 to Todd. Once again Corcoran's actions cause problems in the here and now. I am SO glad that all of his scores were removed.

But I am equally sure of who made that major rant post which was removed within the past 24 hours. That person tends to crawl out of the woodwork every few years or so and probably smelled the here and now as a good opportunity to do so considering the recent flurry or score challenges as they suit his personal agenda to a "T".
Join us