thread

Dispute: Marc Cohen - Atari 2600 / VCS - Taz - NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B - Player: Todd Rogers - Score: 999,900

User Tag List

Is this a valid dispute?

You may not vote on this poll
    You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29
Results 281 to 290 of 290
  1. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 14,129
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    4,761
    Thanks (Received)
    2067
    Likes (Received)
    3722
    Blog Entries
    52
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: marcamy_1029
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    28 Thread(s)
    Follows
    50
    Following
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    The screenshot of todd's 999,900 shows rootbeers. We know at rollover its the surprise (spoiler: suprise is a pie), so thats another problem. An alt rom with a counterstop at 999,900 should be showing the pie, not rootbeers.



    Please watch Glen Sampson's, TAS on post #5.
    At the point of 1M rollover, the item is the ice cream, not pie, nor rootbeer.
    The items DO rollover back to the beginning again endlessly.

    The main reason for the dispute here is the SCORING, and what Todd stated on the Atari Age forum using a "revised cart" that has yet to be proven, nor surfaced with alternative scoring, as he claims.

    The exact POINT OF 1 MILLION ROLLOVER below... There is no 999,900

    image.png
  2. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 14,129
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    4,761
    Thanks (Received)
    2067
    Likes (Received)
    3722
    Blog Entries
    52
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: marcamy_1029
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    28 Thread(s)
    Follows
    50
    Following
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcade View Post
    At the point of 1M rollover, the item is the ice cream, not pie, nor rootbeer.

    Correction: Its the "SUNDAE" item at the 1M rollover point, then it goes back to Hamburger again...
    The cycle repeats endlessly.
  3. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 7,959
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Vermilion, Ohio
    Posts
    5,074
    Thanks (Received)
    2162
    Likes (Received)
    3702
    Blog Entries
    113
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: snowflaketg
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    33 Thread(s)
    Follows
    46
    Following
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcade View Post
    Correction: Its the "SUNDAE" item at the 1M rollover point, then it goes back to Hamburger again...
    The cycle repeats endlessly.
    you're confusing the order of the first two meals with the later(a meal is the name of the 'cycle' of all 'courses' with each 'course being the phase or food)
    at first it goes
    Hamburger
    Rootbeer
    Icecreen
    Fudgescile
    apple
    turnip
    tomato
    sundae
    --- 8 items, hence you see the burger after, rewinding and assuming last time before burger was a sundae,

    however after the third meal the cycle is no longer 8 but rather 9, it goes
    Hamburger
    Rootbeer
    Icecreen
    Fudgescile
    apple
    turnip
    tomato
    sundae
    mystery item (which to me i'm guessing is a pie)

    if you watch the entire cycle of items leading up to the 1 mil you'll notice the sundae is the second to last item not the last.


    Of course the most important thing which we both agree on is rootbeer is not possible at roll over. all my other extrapolations and hypothetics were me trying to systematically imagine every possible explanation for the rootbeer in the photo and rule them all out
    Mr. Do's Castle champ
    Lode Runner champ
    Other kid's games champ

    Adult Games: Street Fighter champ
    Likes Marcade liked this post
  4. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 1,351
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    547
    Thanks (Received)
    189
    Likes (Received)
    602
    Blog Entries
    30
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    26 Thread(s)
    Follows
    50
    Following
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    you're confusing the order of the first two meals with the later(a meal is the name of the 'cycle' of all 'courses' with each 'course being the phase or food)
    at first it goes
    Hamburger
    Rootbeer
    Icecreen
    Fudgescile
    apple
    turnip
    tomato
    sundae
    --- 8 items, hence you see the burger after, rewinding and assuming last time before burger was a sundae,

    however after the third meal the cycle is no longer 8 but rather 9, it goes
    Hamburger
    Rootbeer
    Icecreen
    Fudgescile
    apple
    turnip
    tomato
    sundae
    mystery item (which to me i'm guessing is a pie)

    if you watch the entire cycle of items leading up to the 1 mil you'll notice the sundae is the second to last item not the last.


    Of course the most important thing which we both agree on is rootbeer is not possible at roll over. all my other extrapolations and hypothetics were me trying to systematically imagine every possible explanation for the rootbeer in the photo and rule them all out
    I like this snowball guy. But how do you not know the mystery item. You played the game wtf
  5. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 7,959
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Vermilion, Ohio
    Posts
    5,074
    Thanks (Received)
    2162
    Likes (Received)
    3702
    Blog Entries
    113
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: snowflaketg
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    33 Thread(s)
    Follows
    46
    Following
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by HectorTelloc View Post
    I like this snowball guy. But how do you not know the mystery item. You played the game wtf
    making it to the mystery item requires 527,500 pts. I'm not sure anyone has done that. Note that even todd's has rootbeer telling me not even he saw the mystery item. However,person skill aside, we do have the TAS, so we can all see the item. All i can do is guess what it is. Sure looks like a pie to me, though the donkey kong community informs me that things which look like pies are actually cement.
    Mr. Do's Castle champ
    Lode Runner champ
    Other kid's games champ

    Adult Games: Street Fighter champ
    Likes HectorTelloc liked this post
  6. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 14,129
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    4,761
    Thanks (Received)
    2067
    Likes (Received)
    3722
    Blog Entries
    52
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: marcamy_1029
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    28 Thread(s)
    Follows
    50
    Following
    32
    Nope...No invisible WABBITS to be found inside here!

    image.png
    Likes HectorTelloc, datagod liked this post
  7. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 14,129
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    4,761
    Thanks (Received)
    2067
    Likes (Received)
    3722
    Blog Entries
    52
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: marcamy_1029
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    28 Thread(s)
    Follows
    50
    Following
    32
  8. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 14,129
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    4,761
    Thanks (Received)
    2067
    Likes (Received)
    3722
    Blog Entries
    52
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: marcamy_1029
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    28 Thread(s)
    Follows
    50
    Following
    32
    image.png
    ............
  9. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 7,959
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Vermilion, Ohio
    Posts
    5,074
    Thanks (Received)
    2162
    Likes (Received)
    3702
    Blog Entries
    113
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: snowflaketg
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    33 Thread(s)
    Follows
    46
    Following
    23
    At the beginning of this thread I knew nothing about this game other than when i first moved to Ohio I saw it in a flea market and was curious. I bought it, put it on a shelf and meant to eventually get to it. The thread definitely got my interest up, good excuse to play the game. I'm now the real #1 (listed as number 2) and I gotta tell you, i want my world record.

    I hereby declare myself the Twin Galaxies expert on Taz, and I want my two dollars, i mean world record.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6z9Cg46Nktw
    Mr. Do's Castle champ
    Lode Runner champ
    Other kid's games champ

    Adult Games: Street Fighter champ
    Likes Marcade, GregDeg liked this post
  10. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 14,129
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    4,761
    Thanks (Received)
    2067
    Likes (Received)
    3722
    Blog Entries
    52
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: marcamy_1029
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    28 Thread(s)
    Follows
    50
    Following
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    The thread definitely got my interest up, good excuse to play the game. I'm now the real #1 (listed as number 2) and I gotta tell you, i want my world record.

    I hereby declare myself the Twin Galaxies expert on Taz, and I want my two dollars, i mean world record.
    For now, enjoy the Top Ten: Taz Tantrums!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NyMWM_g8zA
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29
Join us