Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

Galaga Question-

I'm BRAND NEW to Twin Galaxies, but have been playing Galaga for a really long time (but seemingly learning new stuff about it daily now)! I just bought the "20 Year Reunion Ms. Pac-Man/Galaga" arcade cabinet, wanted to start posting some videos for the record books AND was wondering a few things concerning posting & the game itself. So, any help is extremely useful!

1) Since it's a cabinet arcade. What is the best way to video an entire session of play to post on TG? I've been reading up on MAME, but honestly feel that it's way too complicated.

2) I've noticed that when I'm playing, I get to a certain point where I stop getting extra Space Ships! I have it set to the 20/70/70 setting, so not sure why that's happening OR if the game itself only allows for a certain number of Ships...

Thanks for reading to this point! I appreciate the help!

Derek
  2. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 5,650
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: BarraNZ
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Derek and welcome to TG!

1) Most people use a camera pointing to the screen or a webcam attached to the cabinet somewhere, point at the screen.
    Either before or afterwards (if you plan to submit regardless I recommend doing it beforehand) film the inside of your cab including the board and pretty much everything. Board and DIPs are crucial. I haven't done a lot of this myself (mainly play on MAME) so someone else might have some more useful info here

2) Galaga stops giving ships after you reach 1m. On the 20/70/70 default setting your last extra life will be at 980,000 and you can have up to 18 lives, including the 3 you start with.

Hope that helps :)
    Thanks Derek Stephens thanked this post
    Likes JasonV91 liked this post
Join us