Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    49 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

Back in the day...

We often hear people saying "Back in the day" but what do they really mean? Is it when TG was popular and pumping out adjudications? Really there have been ups and downs over the decades. Today I think TG is more active and productive than ever before.

So, back in MY day should be taken to mean "back when I was first active"

In my case, that would be around 2010. Team Canada was at funspot for the tournament and we were looking up world records on the Twin Galaxies website. Everything was out in the open. Shortly after that though you need to sign in and dig through a bit of a mess to find the scores.

What was it like in YOUR day? When did you first encounter Twin Galaxies?
    "May the Heavy Hand spare you" -- Datagod 1:19
    ~~ Strongest Punch on Twin Galaxies ~~

Likes TWIN GALAXIES liked this post
  2. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 1,351
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    26 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I found out about TwinGalaxies from two loud mouths who used to be active in the community years ago. These people claimed they moved on from their experience here but continue talking about it to this day.
    Likes datagod liked this post
  3. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 14,123
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: marcamy_1029
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    28 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    "Back in my day", I was always competing against my own scoreboard. (The "Marcade", in which I recently posted in my blog the other day).

http://www.twingalaxies.com/entry.ph...ade-scoreboard

When I met Walter Day at his booth at CGE Expo in 2007, he introduced me to Twin Galaxies and what it was all about. We hit it off right away. A week or so afterwards, I signed up and became an active member here.

10 years later, still actively submitting scores, the current status quo is WHERE IT IS AT!!!

Members have come and gone, however the growth and competition is stronger than ever as we speak.

The rest is history.
    Likes HectorTelloc, datagod liked this post
  4. VERIFIED Legendary Member Credibility: 2,571
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    "Back in the Day" varies depending on who you ask.

Some gamers use the term to reflect when they were first exposed to video games, whereas others might refer to when they first started seriously playing video games.

A gamer who has been associated with TG might use the term to refer to when they played during the formative years of TG (1981-1987) or during the second incarnation of TG (late 1990's) or at some point thereafter. However, ask a TG referee and their response when referring to "back in the day" with TG might refer to their referee-days.

Therefore it is best to ask a gamer when they use that expression whether they are referring to when they started gaming or refereeing.
    Likes datagod liked this post
Join us