Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

Question for Someone Who Can Read a MAME INP

This question is geared for those that typically print out the WolfMAME report of the INP/WLF file.

I was playing "Super Galaxian" moments ago...great start, sorry finish...and something very unusual happened at the end of wave 9 that I never saw before. Ever.

If you watch up to that point you will see that at the very end of the wave a single red enemy remains...unmoving...then it nearly disappears off-screen and without my shooting it the next wave starts.

Unsure if something funky happened here, especially if it would have caused a problem with the submission itself. Since I've been playing this one often now, I'm hoping that someone who knows can tell me if anything unusual happened at that point in the game.

I should also point out, although I screwed it up...when wave 10 began it seemed slightly easier to me at the very beginning of the assault. Could be a perception thing, or maybe not.

Played using WolfMAME 106.

superg.zip
  2. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 6,225
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quick note, super busy but couldn't resist.
    First up, your INP seems to play back in full, so it doesn't seem to be an INP irregularity.

When the rightmost yellow ship descends to make a pass, of the two red ships that follow, one of them is generated from outside regular formation...
    Name:  supe0006.png
Views: 43
Size:  4.5 KB

... and when it isn't shot down, it returns to the spot where it was created, i.e. outside normal formation. This seems to happen regularly. As the ships move from side to side, notice that this ship runs off screen.
    Sometimes you get two ships sitting outside regular formation in which case you see one of them wrapping around to the left side of the screen!

My first UNTESTED guess is that if any of these ships are the last remaining, and is/are still in formation, the wave will just end.
    May not be correct, haven't got time to test further... someone else can have fun with that!
  3. VERIFIED Legendary Member Credibility: 2,568
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks !! I've been playing "Galaxian" since day one and never saw something like this happen, so I thought that maybe "Super Galaxian" was doing something a bit funky.
Join us