thread

Dispute: John McAllister - Atari 2600 / VCS - Demons To Diamonds - NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B - Player: Todd Rogers - Score: 14,434

User Tag List

Is this a valid dispute?

You may not vote on this poll
    You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
  1. VERIFIED VERIFIED Credibility: 10,341
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

Dispute: John McAllister - Atari 2600 / VCS - Demons To Diamonds - NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B - Player: Todd Rogers - Score: 14,434

Atari 2600 / VCS - Demons To Diamonds - NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B
    Score Trackhttp://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=2293
    RulesDefault Settings
    Player NameTodd Rogers
    Original AdjudicationN/A
    Verification MethodVideo
    Verification Date2003-11-29
    Disputed Score14,434 (Rank 2)
    Disputed Byredelf
    Dispute Evidence / RationaleHow is it that 3 players tied the exact same score and it's not a max out. You are allowed to get scores that give you points in the 1 digits column. How after 1/2 hour of play or more do you end up with the exact same score!
  2. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 7,875
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: snowflaketg
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    33 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    gotta agree. this is strange behavior from todd, he normally goes for all 9s when its a possible maxout or highest score by far when its not a maxout. its not like him to a tie a non-maxout.

i have started the dispute for the third person to tie this score. i imagine many points will be similiar so its worth cross linking
    http://www.twingalaxies.com/showthre...y-Score-14-434
    Mr. Do's Castle champ
    Lode Runner champ
    Other kid's games champ

Adult Games: Street Fighter champ
  3. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 5,024
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    63 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Just a link to an old TG thread that may be of some use
    http://www.twingalaxies.com/archive/.../t-115089.html
    Thanks Snowflake thanked this post
  4. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 7,875
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    33 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the link. I think i stubmled on this back when I was playing the game and took it at face value. I was pretty trusting of everything at first and just thought this was an interesting anecdote on how unlikey things can happen some of the time. rereading, i'm noticing the wording allows some wiggle room and i'm not getting exact claims out of it.

David seems to be saying he actually had a higher score but purposely only submitted a tie, are you getting that as well? While he doesnt state that explicitly, he says his game doesnt end at that score. how would he know if he hadnt passed it? He also says he doesnt mind sharing a tie and that he didnt want to beat others as that would motivate them to beat him back and he just wanted the competition to stop.

It also seems odd for todd to tie the score as well, Todd seemed to like beating people's scores by a lot so as strange as david's explanation is for him, it would hold even less water for todd to try to claim he doesnt mind sharing 1st with a tie.

I think the real question i would have for this, is, was it allowable in those days for people to make up a score lower than what they achieved? This is the second score david's explained away by saying he actually had higher but it got capped. In the other case, it was supposedly capped by a ref, in this case he supposedly capped it himself when submitting.

If its determined that people were allowed to make up scores lower than their score, then I dont see how impossible digits prove anything.
    Mr. Do's Castle champ
    Lode Runner champ
    Other kid's games champ

5. VERIFIED Member Credibility: 1,081
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    34 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Yes vote here!
    Lauren R. Tyler
    Eternal Champion of Ragol
  6. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 3,497

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    View Channel: danman123456
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    55 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    Thanks for the link. I think i stubmled on this back when I was playing the game and took it at face value. I was pretty trusting of everything at first and just thought this was an interesting anecdote on how unlikey things can happen some of the time. rereading, i'm noticing the wording allows some wiggle room and i'm not getting exact claims out of it.

David seems to be saying he actually had a higher score but purposely only submitted a tie, are you getting that as well? While he doesnt state that explicitly, he says his game doesnt end at that score. how would he know if he hadnt passed it? He also says he doesnt mind sharing a tie and that he didnt want to beat others as that would motivate them to beat him back and he just wanted the competition to stop.

It also seems odd for todd to tie the score as well, Todd seemed to like beating people's scores by a lot so as strange as david's explanation is for him, it would hold even less water for todd to try to claim he doesnt mind sharing 1st with a tie.

I think the real question i would have for this, is, was it allowable in those days for people to make up a score lower than what they achieved? This is the second score david's explained away by saying he actually had higher but it got capped. In the other case, it was supposedly capped by a ref, in this case he supposedly capped it himself when submitting.

If its determined that people were allowed to make up scores lower than their score, then I dont see how impossible digits prove anything.
    David simply claims the score rolls and it appears he thinks this 14,434 score is the max "My thinking was along the lines of a hypothetical "max" score where the score was programmed to simply stopped at exactly 14,434 no matter how far into the game you were or how few items were shot to accumulate that score."

That's how i interpret this. He claims he got the tie score as well not that he got a higher score. Seems to be the same as his other scores all somehow tying everyone else.

Todd also apparently claimed a 40,000+ score so why is his score the same? Who knows... Given this isnt a max-out seems to me just more shenanigans...
    Dan Desjardins
    Thanks Snowflake thanked this post
  7. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 3,497

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    55 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Basically I believe Bryan Wagners score...
    Dan Desjardins
    Likes Snowflake liked this post
  8. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 3,497

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    55 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Oddly on his old beatthechamp site he claims a 41,434 which is interesting is it not?
    Dan Desjardins
  9. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 7,875
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    33 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by danman1234 View Post
    Oddly on his old beatthechamp site he claims a 41,434 which is interesting is it not?
    as thats the two most significant digits being transposed, i can believe that one is a typo. but taking a fake (due to the dispute not being over i should acknowledge the score is not proven fake, i'm just approaching this particular angle from the assumption that it is) score like 14,434, and accidentally entering it as 41,434, while technically a typo is just a typo on something thats still suspicious.
    Mr. Do's Castle champ
    Lode Runner champ
    Other kid's games champ

Join us