thread

Dispute: Matthew Felix - ColecoVision / Adam - Exerion Prototype - NTSC/PAL - Skill 1 - Player: Tom Duncan - Score: 117,000

User Tag List

Is this a valid dispute?

You may not vote on this poll
    You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 7,869
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: snowflaketg
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    33 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    The cag report on Tom's firing I think needs to be viewed not on just blind faith. I stumbled on it before and there were responses that seem to no longer be there. @Barthax is also accused of shady doings. This seems to be written by some one who looks very favorably on PSP (which in my opinion makes his word immediately suspect) and looks very down on Tom and @Barthax (who hopefully can contribute more here). I know barthax in the comments that previously existed denied the allegations, and argument did follow (despite the writer saying he wouldnt be responding to comments). I believe what you found here was a thread about a feud. Dont get me wrong, even though the writer is biased, that doesnt make him wrong. The people with the most facts of wrong doing, tend to get the most upset, so sometimes the bias stems from legitmate issues, still, we should be careful not to immediately take in on blind faith. Since @Barthax was one of the accused in that very post I'm tagging him here. I know the post is about tom, but when the link also implicates barthax its only fair he get a chance to defend himself.
    Mr. Do's Castle champ
    Lode Runner champ
    Other kid's games champ

Adult Games: Street Fighter champ
    Likes starcrytas liked this post
  2. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 3,491

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    View Channel: danman123456
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    55 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Certainly could be someone who is just a PSP supporter for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    The cag report on Tom's firing I think needs to be viewed not on just blind faith. I stumbled on it before and there were responses that seem to no longer be there. @Barthax is also accused of shady doings. This seems to be written by some one who looks very favorably on PSP (which in my opinion makes his word immediately suspect) and looks very down on Tom and @Barthax (who hopefully can contribute more here). I know barthax in the comments that previously existed denied the allegations, and argument did follow (despite the writer saying he wouldnt be responding to comments). I believe what you found here was a thread about a feud. Dont get me wrong, even though the writer is biased, that doesnt make him wrong. The people with the most facts of wrong doing, tend to get the most upset, so sometimes the bias stems from legitmate issues, still, we should be careful not to immediately take in on blind faith. Since @Barthax was one of the accused in that very post I'm tagging him here. I know the post is about tom, but when the link also implicates barthax its only fair he get a chance to defend himself.
    Dan Desjardins
  3. VERIFIED Honored Veteran Credibility: 27,295

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    View Channel: barthax
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    48 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    From memory, Tom D. had a very large collection and regularly had weeks off at a time (rig worker?) with which to game and travel - to Expos and the like where prototypes were sometimes displayed. Just because a gamer as a prototype score submitted does not mean they have a copy of the game... If you're looking for ultra rare, you can't get much more rare than http://www.twingalaxies.com/marble-madness-2-marble-man

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    That was quite a conversation on CAG on that thread (I was involved) which highlighted lots of wrong-doings by the staff that remained after myself, Tom and others. No surprise it has been moderated: CAG forums are heavily redacted, moderated and generally what's left behind is an untruthful monstrosity. There's no point going over old ground: if opinions of PSP are mentioned anywhere they will be polar. Those neutral probably haven't experienced him.

Are you on my radar?
    I'd rather be last on every game than throw my time away chasing only one score.
    Thanks Snowflake thanked this post
    Likes starcrytas, Marcade liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Join us