thread

Should Steve Krogman be allowed back into Twin Galaxies?

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 1,129
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

Should Steve Krogman be allowed back into Twin Galaxies?

First let start off by saying. Yes, I get that he's a sex offender. Second let me say this isn't about trying to get Krogman back into Twin Galaxies.

For awhile now I have felt upset about the way Krogman was kicked out. It wasn't a decision made by his peers, and although Jace is ultimately responsible for Krogman being kicked out it was the way he went about it. I just felt it wasn't right. It didn't follow the rule of law. Yes, I get Jace can do what he wants. Still, if an employee were to be found stealing from the company it's still screwed up if the boss says, "Anyone, just say the word, and I'll fire him." Or if a judge while deciding a killer's fate says to those in attendance, "Anyone say the word, and I'll kill him."

If my hunch is right, I suspect the community will say he needs to stay gone. Fine with me, but at least for me, the whole thing will set better with me, knowing the community would have done the same thing if they had a vote. In a way it brings some peace to my mind over what happened. If the community who posts says yes, than yeah Krogman was going to get kicked out anyways, but at least the community can finally have their say. So that's why I am doing this thread.

So there can be some semblance of justice to the rule of law.
    Space Jockey (Atari 2600) 1,321,495 3rd highest score in the world.
  2. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 3,370
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    49 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    No.

This message is now long enough to post.
    "May the Heavy Hand spare you" -- Datagod 1:19
    ~~ Strongest Punch on Twin Galaxies ~~

Likes homerwannabee liked this post
  3. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 1,129
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    OK, since it's only Datagod, I'm forcing the communities hand. Yes, I want Steve Krogman man back. Now it looks like we have a tie.
  4. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 3,370
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    49 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    George, why did you wait so long to raise the issue? He isn't getting back in. All you are doing is making yourself look bad. Real bad. This community doesn't need convicted pedophiles. You want to give Cat Despira even more ammunition? She already calls people nazi pedos. Why on earth would you make this post?
  5. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 1,129
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by datagod View Post
    George, why did you wait so long to raise the issue? He isn't getting back in. All you are doing is making yourself look bad. Real bad. This community doesn't need convicted pedophiles. You want to give Cat Despira even more ammunition? She already calls people nazi pedos. Why on earth would you make this post?
    Hopefully someone else besides you can criticize me. I really want someone besides you to say no. And if they criticize me for voting yes, I'll count them as a no vote.
  6. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 3,083
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: wescopeland
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    lol wtf no
    Likes datagod liked this post
  7. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 1,129
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I'm changing my vote to a no. I just wanted someone ANYONE to say no to this, and the only way I figured that someone else would chime in is if I voted yes. Also someone on the DKForum whose a member here criticized me for saying yes.

So the current vote is 4-0 against Steve Krogman returning to TG.
  8. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 1,129
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    OK, someone whose a member here did a split on the DKForum. They said they don't want Krogman back on the forum, but they think he should submit scores.

So it's 5-0 ban Krogman from the forums, and it's 3-1 to ban him from submitting scores. I'm deciding to remain undecided on the score submission part.

Edit: I basically believe that Krogman should be banned from submitting score from live events, and from arcades. In fact I believe he should be restricted to his place of residence if he wants to submit a score.

So 5-0 ban Krogman from the forums, and it's 3-1 to ban him from freely submitting scores from anywhere, and 3-2 to not allow him to submit with the restriction that it has to be his place of residence.
    Last edited by homerwannabee; 12-16-2017 at 12:11 PM.
  9. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 3,370
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    49 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by homerwannabee View Post
    Hopefully someone else besides you can criticize me. I really want someone besides you to say no. And if they criticize me for voting yes, I'll count them as a no vote.
    Why do you seek criticism? There is something seriously wrong with you buddy. Krogman is not getting back in. Leave him be.
    "May the Heavy Hand spare you" -- Datagod 1:19
    ~~ Strongest Punch on Twin Galaxies ~~

10. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 1,129
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by datagod View Post
    Why do you seek criticism? There is something seriously wrong with you buddy. Krogman is not getting back in. Leave him be.
    In this area I have no problem with you. It's Jace, and the crazy way he went about things. I lay this ALL on Jace's lap. Jace was the one that made the decision to remove Krogman, but had you for some crazy reason say yes to it. He already knew you wanted him removed. Why did he make it sound like it was your decision? It wasn't your decision. It was Jace's decision. He already knew what you wanted before he even asked the question.

I'm just upset that Jace didn't own up to the decision and had you take the heat for it. It's not right.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us