thread

M.A.M.E. - Major Havoc Return to Vax - Major Havoc Return to Vax [Points [Marathon Settings]] - 2,061,434 - David Jury

User Tag List

Is this a valid score?

You may not vote on this poll
    This poll is closed
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. VERIFIED FORUM RESTRICTED Credibility: 26,767
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    71 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Sorry My Mistake Then it was another Player That really Good Playing on Major Havoc 2 Years Ago their was a Twin Galaxy Event Their My Apolgies
    Quote Originally Posted by jerky View Post
    Thanks for the compliment but I have never been to Banning.

Maybe you saw me at CAX last year?
  2. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 2,090
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

Checking...

Quote Originally Posted by JasonV91 View Post
    If NVRAM was enabled and was still present in your MAME directory, everything would work fine for you during playback, and you wouldn't be able to tell there was an issue.

The syntax of your command line seems fine, but let's check the actual result - in your MAME install directory, is the nvram folder present? If so, is there a folder within it named mhavocrv? If so, then NVRAM wasn't disabled, and there is most likely an NVRAM file within that folder, which is why it won't play back correctly for me...please check and confirm.

Btw, instead of having to disable the NVRAM every time you record, if you modify the MAME config file, you can permanently turn it off, that way when you record, all you have to type is "record mhavocrv inpname" and you're good to go...if you don't know how to do this, let me know and I can help.

Yes, if someone else could please try the playback as well, that would help a lot...we don't need a full MAME analysis, just please play back the .inp with 0.152 and let us know the result.
    I checked again and I did have the folder but it was empty with no files in it like it should be. You are correct that I would see a file from MH in that folder if I had played in the past without disabling it (which you are right I can do in the config too). I even deleted the empty NVRAM folder and did another fast playback test with the same results on my end on both laptops again just now (still good playback to the end using the TG file downloaded today).

I would be happy to re-upload my original INP's, but on my end they give me the exact same result as the one attached with this submission.

I concur that it would be best to have others see if they can verify what Jason experienced. When I get a chance tonight I will try another normal speed playback on both my computers to see if there is anything different.

I am happy to help out in any way.
    Thanks jjt_defender, JasonV91 thanked this post
  3. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 2,090
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

Not a problem...

Quote Originally Posted by jjt_defender View Post
    Sorry My Mistake Then it was another Player That really Good Playing on Major Havoc 2 Years Ago their was a Twin Galaxy Event Their My Apolgies
    I am always happy to hear that there are other good MH players out there. Setting high scores is sort of boring when you are the only one playing isn't it ;)

Any idea what sort of scores they were getting btw?
    Thanks jjt_defender thanked this post
    Likes jjt_defender liked this post
  4. VERIFIED VERIFIED Credibility: 10,320
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I'll be playing this inp when I get home and report back with what I get.
    Thanks jerky thanked this post
    Likes JasonV91 liked this post
  5. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 2,090
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

A nice little surprise for MH fans...

While we wait for the submission bugs to be found/get worked out I have a little bit of news about Return to Vax from Jess Askey himself :

Owen, Jess and some others are still working on this project in hopes of making a final finished version maybe by the next CAX (2018). A "homeworld" ending and more new levels are in the works apparently.

Jess updated the MH level editor recently which is still a WIP too :
    http://mhedit.askey.org/

He also told me today that there is a new and improved version of that editor coming out soon that will allow you to play back levels in MAME.

The hope was that in the coming months new levels would be made by them and others that Owen Rubin would then pick as the final ones for the final version (along with the new ones Jess already made). He said their were 8 slots left but I am not sure if that is 8 more on top of what RTV has already.

I am going to check out the current level editor and see what I can do with it until the better version comes along. Earlier versions kept crashing on my machines but this seems to run find so far even though it's a bit hard to figure out (you have to drag over the game icons form the right to the map to get them to apply).

Jess also made Return to Vax without any editor at all. He just hex edited the roms. Even he said he was amazed it even works :)
    Thanks redelf, jjt_defender thanked this post
  6. VERIFIED VERIFIED Credibility: 10,320
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    This sounds awesome. Here is even more good news. There is someone working on a FPGA for Tempest and Major Havoc. MJ will be able to be run on a vertical monitor as well. So maybe these two parties need to get hooked up together and do some magic for all of us.

The FPGA board is in a working condition as of this post, I believe he is still working out a couple of bugs and doing some revisions, also it can play Omega Race too.
    Likes jerky, jjt_defender liked this post
  7. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 2,090
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

Sounds familiar

Quote Originally Posted by redelf View Post
    This sounds awesome. Here is even more good news. There is someone working on a FPGA for Tempest and Major Havoc. MJ will be able to be run on a vertical monitor as well. So maybe these two parties need to get hooked up together and do some magic for all of us.

The FPGA board is in a working condition as of this post, I believe he is still working out a couple of bugs and doing some revisions, also it can play Omega Race too.
    I think I met him at CAX 2017 when I first met Owen Rubin. Was his name Steve Sanders/Saunders? I think I played one of his FPGA MH cabs at CAX and it played great other than having a trackball for control at that time.

If we are talking about the same person I think he's already working with Owen and Jess (was cc'd in Jess's email to me today anyway).
  8. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 2,090
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

one more thingy

Quote Originally Posted by JasonV91 View Post
    If NVRAM was enabled and was still present in your MAME directory, everything would work fine for you during playback, and you wouldn't be able to tell there was an issue.

The syntax of your command line seems fine, but let's check the actual result - in your MAME install directory, is the nvram folder present? If so, is there a folder within it named mhavocrv? If so, then NVRAM wasn't disabled, and there is most likely an NVRAM file within that folder, which is why it won't play back correctly for me...please check and confirm.

Btw, instead of having to disable the NVRAM every time you record, if you modify the MAME config file, you can permanently turn it off, that way when you record, all you have to type is "record mhavocrv inpname" and you're good to go...if you don't know how to do this, let me know and I can help.

Yes, if someone else could please try the playback as well, that would help a lot...we don't need a full MAME analysis, just please play back the .inp with 0.152 and let us know the result.
    Btw not that it makes much difference but I played this game on my Win7 laptop then copied the files over to my Win10 machine for playback since it handles OBS and handbrake better than my older machine.

Neither machine had any files in the NVRAM directory though and both play it back at normal and full speed even with the current TG submission INP found here.

I sent Jason my orignal INPs and zip package along with the RTV romset I have been using for all my recent submissions. Maybe he has an older or incorrect v1.8 romset for RTV.

More to come....
  9. VERIFIED FORUM RESTRICTED Credibility: 26,767
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    71 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Accepted Congratulations David a World Record
    2 Million Points Wow!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_Havoc

Game Starts at :18-41 of the video Warp to Wave 22 the 4 Extra Men are from Warping Plus the 1 that David is PlayingClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot from 2018-01-02 18-41-31.png 
Views:	25 
Size:	344.1 KB 
ID:	47949
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot from 2018-01-02 18-46-46.png 
Views:	26 
Size:	341.8 KB 
ID:	47951

Bonus Every 100,000 3 Lives to Starts is at :04 of the videoClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot from 2018-01-02 18-38-33.png 
Size:	343.5 KB 
ID:	47947

Game Settings Begin at
    M.A.M.E. - Major Havoc Return to Vax - Major Havoc Return to Vax [Points [Marathon Settings]] - 2,061,434 - David Jury Final Score is at 43:31 of the video JRKAttachment 47945
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot from 2018-01-02 18-36-42.png 
Views:	25 
Size:	306.1 KB 
ID:	47946

1st Extra Man for Beating Breakout is at 13:48 of the video Score 1,641,378 Level 27Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot from 2018-01-02 19-27-13.png 
Size:	362.0 KB 
ID:	47956

2nd Extra Man for Winning Breakout Game is at 27:18 of the Video Score 1,840,156 Level 32

1st Bonus Life at 100,000 is at 3:27 of the video Score 1,500,914 Level 23
    2nd Bonus Life at 100,000 is at 10:56 of the video Score 1,603,054 Level 25
    3rd Bonus Life at 100,000 is at 17:45 of the video Score 1,705,288 Level 28
    4th Bonus Life at 100,000 is at 24:46 of the video Score 1,800,552 Level 31
    5th Bonus Life at 100,000 is at 32:09 of the video Score 1,901,963 Level 33
    6th Bonus Life at 100,000 is at 40:02 of the video Score 2,004,706 Level 36

1st Life Lost is at 6:10 of the video Score 1,541,530 Level 24
    2nd Life Lost is at 8:00 of the Video Score 1,560,030 Level 24
    3rd Life Lost is at 14:52 of the Video Score 1,666,378 Level 27
    4th Life Lost is at 19:13 of the Video Score 1,716,488 Level 28
    5th Life Lost is at 22:45 of the Video Score 1,775,815 Level 30
    6th Life Lost is at 24:22 of the Video Score 1,794,515 Level 30
    7th Life Lost is at 29:15 of the Video Score 1,861,656 Level 32
    8th Life Lost is at 32:24 of the Video Score 1,901,963 Level 33
    9th Life Lost is at 32:52 of the Video Score 1,916,470 Level 34
    10th Life Lost is at 35:48 of the Video Score 1,958,698 Level 35
    11th Life Lost is at 37:07 of the Video Score 1,970,398 Level 35
    12th Life Lost is at 40:08 of the Video Score 2,005,906 Level 36
    13th & Final Life Lost is at 43:31 of the Video Final Score 2,061,434 Level 37

JJT_Defender Johnny Lightning World Champion & Worlds Best & # 1 Racer, 1st Place on the Modern Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 2,767 Victories only 36 Loses in Best of 5 to 7 against the Best Players in 43 Cities, & 7 Years

My Nick Name Road Runner

Created by Raw Thrills & Owned By Eugene Jarvis Vid Kidz Williams,Midway & Creator of Cruis'n Series & Defender,Robotron Many More.
    These are Just Stats for my Record Keeping Log been their More than a Year

Credibility Points 27,248-> 25,924
    Submission Points 14,474 + 60 for Sponsor = 14,534

I JJT Johnny Lightning Correctly Adjudicated 14,534 Video Game Submissions at 99.78% Percent Accuracy

Adjudicated Video Game Submissions I JJT Johnny Lightning Got Wrong a Total of 29 in Twin Galaxy's Adjudication Archives Accepted, Rejected & Cancel Archives

2 Video Game Submissions were Over Turned in Disputed
  10. VERIFIED VERIFIED Credibility: 10,320
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I played back the inp and also got the same score around 1.6 million as it became out of sync. Not sure what is up but it looks like you might have to play this game again. Watched the youtube performance and wow you really have those levels down.
    Thanks JasonV91, HugDD thanked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Join us