thread

NES / FAMICOM / DISK - Duck Hunt - NTSC - Clay Shooting - Points - 26,516,000 - Kyle Nelson

User Tag List

Is this a valid score?

You may not vote on this poll
    You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
  1. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 6,476
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    64 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

NES / FAMICOM / DISK - Duck Hunt - NTSC - Clay Shooting - Points - 26,516,000 - Kyle Nelson

NTSC - Clay Shooting - Points
    Score Trackhttp://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=75669
    RulesSpecial Rules: Due to numerous aspects of this game title that could compromise the integrity of the scoreboard, submissions for this title must be done either by video camera or in the presence of a Twin Galaxies Referee.
    Video must begin before boot-up as normal. The NES game console, the Player 1 controller and wiring, the full screen, and the player's lightgun MUST be in the camera shot the entire time! Please record with this method in a well-lit set-up where all that needs to be seen can be seen.
    The Player 1 controller should not be touched for ANY reason other than to start a new game.
    Score does roll over at 1 million points, so please feel free to keep on recording and counting points up to Game Over.
    Submission MessageSubmitting in hopes the rules will get changed. What the videos and you tell me if these legit scores? Forget what the rules state, because they are bogus. Listen to the clicks of the gun match up with the flashes on the screen. Just to put that one sentence into perspective, I took over 4000 shots and the screen matched on every one of them. The only time the gun went out of the screen was to rest my arm for the 5 seconds in between rounds. I explain why I pause the game. RTM actually stated several months ago you could pause home console games if it was for video purposes, so I'm not sure why the rules state you can't now if it was allowed back then. But back then it seems many things were much more easy to slip through. I'm not trying to slip through anything. I show everything at the end of video one. I then reconfirm everything at the start of video 2. This is common sense. I think we need to start adjudicating as such. The dispute system is their to correct these matters now if a mistake is made. There is no need to change TG policy with a dispute system. As of right now the policy is third party videos are allowed, if they get deleted/removed then your score gets removed. Why is that so hard? OH, right, the whole CR thing. I'll keep submitting this submission and no other submission until the rules are changed or until this gets accepted. Todd Rogers gets to submit video against the rules, why can't I? Thanks for watching and good gaming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d96fBghx_nk&t=328s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxSdlLoI8nQ
  2. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 4,229
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    61 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Nice score, Kyle! Accepted!
    Jared Oswald
    World record holders on "Guitar Hero", "Rock Band" and Sonic games.
  3. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 28,951
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    70 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by trivia212005 View Post
    Nice score, Kyle! Accepted!
    You reviewed all that footage, already? Outstanding!

Quote Originally Posted by thegamer1185 View Post
    Submitting in hopes the rules will get changed.
    Mr Nelson, this submission is unlikely to get anything changed. I suggest that you write up a track with better rules. Link me the proposal, and I'll help sponsor it, if it's good.

As of right now the policy is third party videos are allowed
    Nevertheless, I do not vote on any submissions supported by You Tube evidence. I have put some effort into letting submitters know that YT evidence can be transferred to TG. Would you like to know more about this, or would you rather keep fruitlessly beating the unreliable evidence drum?
    Thanks thegamer1185 thanked this post
    Likes thegamer1185 liked this post
  4. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 6,476
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    64 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I would love to put something on TG. Yes, please send me the information for everybody with my uploading issues sake. I would very much appreciate it. Not sure why TG wouldn't help us out with this in the first place. Must be to involved in H1Z1 and forgetting the history of TG unless it's name is Todd Rogers.

AD, your help would be much appreciated, thank you for the offer and help.
  5. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 28,951
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    70 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    This was quite a marathon game, so the file put out by your camera is very large, too large to attach to comments.

I would hazard a guess that you don't know how to compress your camera's output files, otherwise you wouldn't be having upload problems.

Are you able to split your footage into smaller segments, or can you figure out how to?
  6. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 6,476
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    64 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    As of this last week I've hadn't changed anything. I did just make some adjustments thanks to Datagod, now my files are much smaller but still 5GB or better. You are right, I've never compressed a file because I've never needed to. Honestly, it doesn't much matter since this will more than likely never be accepted because of the rules.
    Likes datagod liked this post
  7. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 28,951
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    70 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    As of this last week I've hadn't changed anything. I did just make some adjustments thanks to Datagod, now my files are much smaller but still 5GB or better. You are right, I've never compressed a file because I've never needed to. Honestly, it doesn't much matter since this will more than likely never be accepted because of the rules.
    If you could stop & restart your recording, every quarter or half hour, you would get a series of smaller files. Best place to do this is between stages, where a few missing seconds won't compromise the completeness of your footage.

Once you upload them to You Tube, they will be automatically compressed, at various levels. As long as you've kept the size of the upload down, the chances are good that at least one of the compressed YT versions will be small enough to transfer to TG.

I know it's not always possible, but the best thing to do is get someone else to do the recording, while you concentrate on your game. If pausing your game makes it ineligible for the track to which you want to submit, don't do it, it's that simple.
  8. VERIFIED Junior Member Credibility: 1,024
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

Not a real Duck Hunt cartridge

This submission isnt played on an original Duck Hunt cartridge, rather its played on an aftermarket hack type of multigame cart. Regardless of its save states and game genie type cheats --apparently built into its interface-- shut off at the time of recording, the lack of original cartridge equipment causes a No vote in my opinion.
  9. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 6,476
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    64 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Mitchell View Post
    This submission isnt played on an original Duck Hunt cartridge, rather its played on an aftermarket hack type of multigame cart. Regardless of its save states and game genie type cheats --apparently built into its interface-- shut off at the time of recording, the lack of original cartridge equipment causes a No vote in my opinion.
    Oh my new friend. Welcome to TG. You've got so much to catch up on. Contrary to what the policy pages say, there are a lot of things allowed that aren't upfront. I used to think the same as you, haha. So Flash cartridged are allowed at TG. Well, I know for a fact the cartidge I used, an Everdrive Cartridge, is allowed. Can't be sure about other types of flash carts. Several people use Everdrives. I believe they are allowed because they do not use any emulation. The Duck Hunt Rom is on the cartridge, and the game allows the rom to be played just any original cartridge. I also believe they are allowed because many people have stated someone could simply buy a hacked rom board, and simply put a "real" cartridge over it and you would never know the difference.

I'm not to sure the exact reasons or if what I just said makes sense, but yes, using Everdrives is allowed. Thanks for watching.
    Likes Derek liked this post
  10. VERIFIED Junior Member Credibility: 1,024
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

Ok right on, I just think its a shame such an incredible run wasnt done on an actual duck hunt cart; hopefully in the future you'll pop your original carts in before smashing records, Id gladly vote yes. And if a gamer would go as far as hiding a fake cart inside an original shell all I can say is shame on them and their achievement is in fraud rather than gaming.
    I looked at some of your records, I dig the nes as well; my fav system; be well.
    Thanks thegamer1185 thanked this post
    Likes thegamer1185 liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Join us