thread

Dispute: Marc Cohen - Atari 2600 / VCS - Grand Prix - NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B [Fastest Time] - Player: Todd Rogers - Score: 29.47

User Tag List

Is this a valid dispute?

You may not vote on this poll
    You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 14,120
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: marcamy_1029
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    28 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by HectorTelloc View Post
    Heavy hand please remove my first post, as it was littered with typos. Your Internet pal Hector.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btPfmWrS6AY
    Likes HectorTelloc liked this post
  2. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 1,351
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    26 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    To be honest, these Todd disputes are pointless. If they aren't going to be resolved why bother? And if they are going to be resolved there is enough evidence for most members here to call for removal of all his scores. I'm only being realistic here.
  3. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 3,340
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    18 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Did you try flipping the difficulty switch?
    Likes Marcade, HectorTelloc liked this post
  4. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 14,120
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    28 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by sdwyer138 View Post
    Did you try flipping the difficulty switch?
    Sure did... My Skiier, <ahem> "driver" scooted over the trees <ahem> around the cars like magic!!! ;)
  5. VERIFIED Member Credibility: 1,081
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    34 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I think it would be easier and save a lot of time if we just took down all of Todd Rogers's scores.
    Lauren R. Tyler
    Eternal Champion of Ragol
    Likes Riokaii, Marcade, d3scride liked this post
  6. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 3,491

Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    View Channel: danman123456
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    55 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Given this is the score when you turn ALL collisions off how was this time achieved EXACTLY the same as turning off collisions? I agree with Hector why are we continuing to do this? I dont understand why they all dont get removed at this time but hey that is simply my opinion......
    Dan Desjardins
  7. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 14,120
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    28 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcade View Post
    And HERE is your 29.47 !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCP6...ature=youtu.be

Case closed!!!
    Stamped within 6 posts!

image.png
    Likes HectorTelloc liked this post
  8. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 7,869
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    View Channel: snowflaketg
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    33 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I'd really like to know if this was self-entered, or if some ref claimed to witness it
    Mr. Do's Castle champ
    Lode Runner champ
    Other kid's games champ

Adult Games: Street Fighter champ
  9. VERIFIED Legendary Member Credibility: 2,568
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I'm choosing to reply even though this will get me skewered.

According to what I was told back in the early days when Todd first started submitting to TG, before I was a referee, according to both Walter Day and Ron Corcoran (who was TG's worldwide Atari/Intellivision editor at the time) he submitted massive troves of performances which were quickly entered into the off-site TG database known as "Snipercade".

Ron Corcoran assumed responsibility for verification in accordance with TG rules from that era. What I was never told, as I was not a referee for his earliest submissions, was what format did they arrive in (i.e. VHS, digital, photograph or media clipping/Activision newsletter). It was also never shared with gamers such as myself whether all submissions were co-verified OR were they accepted "as is" in rash exuberance due to his burgeoning prominence as a gamer ? Keep in mind that Walter had a track record of accepting scores "as is" from TG affiliates such as the old TG "Tamagachi" scoreboard and from Italian arcade affiliates that were out of this world unlikely (such as 10M on "Circus Charlie", from not just one but FOUR Italian arcade gamers).

After Ron's arrest, within a few weeks, I personally worked with Brien King or Douglas MacGregor (I forget which) to import Ron's "Snipercade" database AS IS into the TG database for all 2800+ Atari 2600 scores. That was 14 years ago and all I remember is that all but 2-4 scores were uploaded successfully as the rest has some kind of identification problem and never were investigated again.

The upload date is one possibility of the date attributed to the score in the current TG database thus explaining why so many share the same date.

History lesson aside...

I cannot envision a plausible explanation how a gamer, 35 years ago, could not realize or even think that playing with all collision detection turned off was honest never mind submitting it to Activision OR to TG for formal recognition.

As the first "paid gamer" Todd was no slouch in gaming, so this is not nor should not be a case of "Oops...sorry, my bad". This is more like a case of a pro-baseball player using a weighted practice bat, or a football player knowingly throwing a deflated ball.

I've spoken my peace.
    Thanks datagod, HugDD, The Evener thanked this post
  10. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 7,869
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    View Channel: snowflaketg
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    33 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    I'm choosing to reply even though this will get me skewered.

According to what I was told back in the early days when Todd first started submitting to TG, before I was a referee, according to both Walter Day and Ron Corcoran (who was TG's worldwide Atari/Intellivision editor at the time) he submitted massive troves of performances which were quickly entered into the off-site TG database known as "Snipercade".

Ron Corcoran assumed responsibility for verification in accordance with TG rules from that era. What I was never told, as I was not a referee for his earliest submissions, was what format did they arrive in (i.e. VHS, digital, photograph or media clipping/Activision newsletter). It was also never shared with gamers such as myself whether all submissions were co-verified OR were they accepted "as is" in rash exuberance due to his burgeoning prominence as a gamer ? Keep in mind that Walter had a track record of accepting scores "as is" from TG affiliates such as the old TG "Tamagachi" scoreboard and from Italian arcade affiliates that were out of this world unlikely (such as 10M on "Circus Charlie", from not just one but FOUR Italian arcade gamers).

After Ron's arrest, within a few weeks, I personally worked with Brien King or Douglas MacGregor (I forget which) to import Ron's "Snipercade" database AS IS into the TG database for all 2800+ Atari 2600 scores. That was 14 years ago and all I remember is that all but 2-4 scores were uploaded successfully as the rest has some kind of identification problem and never were investigated again.

The upload date is one possibility of the date attributed to the score in the current TG database thus explaining why so many share the same date.

History lesson aside...

I cannot envision a plausible explanation how a gamer, 35 years ago, could not realize or even think that playing with all collision detection turned off was honest never mind submitting it to Activision OR to TG for formal recognition.

As the first "paid gamer" Todd was no slouch in gaming, so this is not nor should not be a case of "Oops...sorry, my bad". This is more like a case of a pro-baseball player using a weighted practice bat, or a football player knowingly throwing a deflated ball.

I've spoken my peace.
    so while this may have technically been entered be you, you were really just doing you job of data entry and it was "verified" (using the term verified loosely here) by snipercade which means by ron?
    Mr. Do's Castle champ
    Lode Runner champ
    Other kid's games champ

Adult Games: Street Fighter champ
    Likes Marcade liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Join us