thread

Sega Dreamcast - Metropolis Street Racer - NTSC - San Francisco - Fishermans Wharf - Short - Jefferson East [Fastest Lap] - 21.083 - john brissie

User Tag List

Is this a valid score?

This poll is closed
    This poll is closed
  1. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 13,556
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    88 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

Sega Dreamcast - Metropolis Street Racer - NTSC - San Francisco - Fishermans Wharf - Short - Jefferson East [Fastest Lap] - 21.083 - john brissie

NTSC - San Francisco - Fishermans Wharf - Short - Jefferson East [Fastest Lap]
    Score Trackhttp://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=19631
    RulesPlayers MAY use their memory card so that they have access to any earned and unlocked tracks and cars. Time entered is the Fastest Lap achieved using Time Attack mode in Single Player. Any vehicle may be used.Wall Riding is prohibited. Wall Riding is the act of using a wall to manoeuvre around a corner instead of attempting the corner normally.
    Submission MessageHi Gamers,
    Here is the video for my attempt at a new fastest lap record for the SF - Fishermans Wharf - Short - Jefferson East track. The game and machine are at the beginning. The selections start at 1:57.

The attempt begins at 5:41.

Thanks for watching and voting.

Name:  john-brissie-dc-ntsc-msr-sf-fish-short-jefferson-east-1.JPG
Views: 42
Size:  81.4 KB

Name:  john-brissie-dc-ntsc-msr-sf-fish-short-jefferson-east-3.JPG
Views: 39
Size:  44.3 KB

Name:  john-brissie-dc-ntsc-msr-sf-fish-short-jefferson-east-5.JPG
Views: 41
Size:  76.6 KB
    Thanks Almighty Dreadlock thanked this post
    Likes Max, Barthax liked this post
  2. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 4,232
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    61 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Nice lap time, John! Accepted!
    Jared Oswald
    World record holders on "Guitar Hero", "Rock Band" and Sonic games.
    Thanks jmb thanked this post
  3. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 7,860
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: snowflaketg
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    33 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    accepted...
    Mr. Do's Castle champ
    Lode Runner champ
    Other kid's games champ

Adult Games: Street Fighter champ
    Thanks jmb thanked this post
  4. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 14,333
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    76 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

Ambiguous Rule

Well done John - This is an Accept from me.

Apologies in advance if this feels like I'm picking on this submission. Its not my intent.

I just went to voice my disdain for a common rule found in most of the driving simulation and pseudo simulation games. I think the rule is virtually unenforceable and in must cases, unnecessary. This is the rule...

"Wall Riding is prohibited. Wall Riding is the act of using a wall to manoeuvre around a corner instead of attempting the corner normally".

In most driving games, its not uncommon to rub or bump into a wall as you navigate through the course. Trying to determine one's intent of whether they tried to take the turn normally or with purpose of making wall contact is nearly impossible. Most of the time, scrubbing a wall slows the vehicle's speed and therefore, the game itself penalizes the player for taking a marginal driving line.

Venting before my morning cup of coffee... There is nothing wrong with this submission IMHO and what I stated above, does not change my Accept vote.
    "All persons ought to endeavor to follow what is right, and not what is established."

~Aristotle
  5. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 13,556
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    88 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by MyOwnWorstEnemy View Post
    Well done John - This is an Accept from me.

Apologies in advance if this feels like I'm picking on this submission. Its not my intent.

I just went to voice my disdain for a common rule found in most of the driving simulation and pseudo simulation games. I think the rule is virtually unenforceable and in must cases, unnecessary. This is the rule...

"Wall Riding is prohibited. Wall Riding is the act of using a wall to manoeuvre around a corner instead of attempting the corner normally".

In most driving games, its not uncommon to rub or bump into a wall as you navigate through the course. Trying to determine one's intent of whether they tried to take the turn normally or with purpose of making wall contact is nearly impossible. Most of the time, scrubbing a wall slows the vehicle's speed and therefore, the game itself penalizes the player for taking a marginal driving line.

Venting before my morning cup of coffee... There is nothing wrong with this submission IMHO and what I stated above, does not change my Accept vote.
    I often wondered about that rule and I believe it only applies to where it is an advantage. The one game that I think that can happen in is Gran Turismo and I'm sure you would know how that works. Seems like that was the title that started the rule which I think incorrectly appears in so many driving games. There is no wall riding in this title but I do plenty of wall scraping which slows you down and is a disadvantage. If I had driven this with a better path and speed without any touches, the time would be better.
    john m brissie
    Thanks MyOwnWorstEnemy thanked this post
    Likes MyOwnWorstEnemy liked this post
  6. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 14,333
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    76 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by jmb View Post
    I often wondered about that rule and I believe it only applies to where it is an advantage. The one game that I think that can happen in is Gran Turismo and I'm sure you would know how that works. Seems like that was the title that started the rule which I think incorrectly appears in so many driving games. There is no wall riding in this title but I do plenty of wall scraping which slows you down and is a disadvantage. If I had driven this with a better path and speed without any touches, the time would be better.
    Yeah I think your right regarding the origins of this rule was the 1st Gran Turismo. The part that bothers me must about the rule is "...attempting the corner normally". So if I attempted to take the corner normally but ended up riding the wall unintentionally and gained an advantage, did I break the rule? Trying to figure out what someone intended is very difficult. It should be based on the action and not the motive or intent of the player.
    "All persons ought to endeavor to follow what is right, and not what is established."

~Aristotle
    Likes jmb liked this post
  7. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 3,404
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Voting yes.