thread

NES / FAMICOM / DISK - Duck Hunt - NTSC - Clay Shooting - Points - 814,000 - Kyle Nelson

User Tag List

Is this a valid score?

You may not vote on this poll
    You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
  1. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 6,479
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    64 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following

NES / FAMICOM / DISK - Duck Hunt - NTSC - Clay Shooting - Points - 814,000 - Kyle Nelson

NTSC - Clay Shooting - Points
    Score Trackhttp://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=75669
    RulesSpecial Rules: Due to numerous aspects of this game title that could compromise the integrity of the scoreboard, submissions for this title must be done either by video camera or in the presence of a Twin Galaxies Referee.
    Video must begin before boot-up as normal. The NES game console, the Player 1 controller and wiring, the full screen, and the player's lightgun MUST be in the camera shot the entire time! Please record with this method in a well-lit set-up where all that needs to be seen can be seen.
    The Player 1 controller should not be touched for ANY reason other than to start a new game.
    Score does roll over at 1 million points, so please feel free to keep on recording and counting points up to Game Over.
    Submission MessageYeah, if this doesn't go through nothing ever will for this game again. Still think my 26Mil run is good because these rules are just dumb

https://youtu.be/R_bKdV5znrY
  2. VERIFIED VERIFIED Credibility: 10,299
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Here's the video

Thanks HugDD thanked this post
  3. VERIFIED VERIFIED Credibility: 10,299
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    I've watched the whole video, everything is correct.

Voting Accept
    Likes thegamer1185 liked this post
  4. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 6,479
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    64 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    This obviously not my greatest attempt, but you see what I had to do to get this submission to even work? These rules are ridiculous.
  5. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 4,232
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    61 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Nice score, Kyle! Accepted!
    Jared Oswald
    World record holders on "Guitar Hero", "Rock Band" and Sonic games.
  6. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 18,216
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Live Streaming Channel(s)
    View Channel: starcrytas
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    61 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    This seems like overkill compared to Tom Votava's Duck Hunt submission
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWfoUmCf0OI
  7. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 6,479
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    64 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by starcrytas View Post
    Yep, rage time. Are you ****ing serious? Are you ****ing serious. **** it. I will submit that 26 Mil point run for the rest of time until it gets accepted after watching that link. Seriously? It was 2 minutes. How do we know it was him the whole time? We didn't see a boot up? This is just crap. This score was accepted based on that video? Come on people. You hear every single shot I fire. This just goes to show what was allowed back then compared to know. Yeah, use this argument against me as to that's why it is the way it is now. Eat a sausage! You can't tell me that my full 5 hour plus submission...shown in it's entirety, isn't more valid than this. If that really was his submitted evidence, that **** needs disputed ASAP. Oh wait, we don't know if he actually sent in a full video to TG and just posted this on youtube because there is no god damn evidence to dispute against.

Yeah, this submission of mine for 814,000 is absolutely valid. My 26 Mil run is absolutely valid. Come on people, we need to start helping one another out with this stuff. This is ridiculous. How many scores got away with this type of stuff?

OK, rant over. Expect to see my 26 Mil run either be rejected repeatedly til the end of time, or just sit in adjudication for all of time. Seriously? What did his 10,000,000 point run show? There had to be more evidence for that one than something like this.
  8. VERIFIED Senior Member Credibility: 6,479
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    64 Thread(s)
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by starcrytas View Post
    Thanks Matthew, I thought what I did in my 26 Mil video was plenty good enough while maintaining a clear enough image of the TV screen so you could actually see my score as I played. It's way overkill. I thought I kept it light hearted enough and informative enough to show just what I'm willing to do just to get score submitted. Threw a few jokes in there as well just for my own benefit of not freaking out over how ridiculous the rules are. To add to that, I've got ALL of my other light gun submissions to back this light gun submission and all my other light gun submissions up with evidence that I might know how to point a gun at a TV and pull the trigger.

Hogan's Alley submission anyone? Probably my most proud light gun submission ever. The score pretty much can't roll over in that one unless you hit insane levels (I'm going to say impossible in Game B) so there is no need to have a great view of the TV for point totals if you can make out the game play. Duck Hunt on the other hand, the score rolls over many times along with the round, so I want to have as clear a picture of the TV and as best a view possible of my gun. My 26 Mil submission did this very well.

I'M VERY, VERY, VERY GOOD AT LIGHT GUN GAMES! Do I really need to do this if I perform another long Duck Hunt run?
Join us