thread

Dispute: william rosa - Arcade - Missile Command - Points [Tournament] - Player: Victor Sandberg - Score: 818,310

User Tag List

Is this a valid dispute?

You may not vote on this poll
    You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. 02-05-2018, 06:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dwwnp View Post
    Hmm, okay. Now the new link doesn't work?

Either I don't understand how to embed Twitch videos (likely, as the embedded video cut off part of my post) or this is some compatibility issue between TG and Twitch. In any case, the video is still around, and this dispute's validity is only a a question of whether or not Twitch highlights should be used for submissions.
    That link seems to be working fine
  2. 02-05-2018, 09:17 PM
    Yeah the broken links thing sucks but this score is 100% legit as well as his monster MC marathon run.

Maybe there needs to be a rule to force people to upload video to TG player otherwise this will likely continue to be a more common occurrence down the road.
    Craig Rout Gallant

Current verified TG WRs: 58

My Youtube channel: //www.youtube.com/CraigARG
    MAME World Records channel: //www.youtube.com/MAMEWorldRecords
    Likes Barra liked this post
  3. 02-06-2018, 12:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dwwnp View Post
    Twitch does this often, unfortunately. The video is still there, just with a new url

and you can find this performance among his archived videos).

I should also point out that Victor's Twitch highlight was created on 10-26-2013 (see below), more than 16 months before the score was submitted to Twin Galaxies.

Missile Command 818,310.jpg

Unless Victor borrowed the keys to the Wayback Machine from Mister Peabody, it seems highly unlikely that the original video evidence has been altered in any way (aside from the new URL).

Thanks HugDD thanked this post
    Likes HugDD liked this post
  4. 02-07-2018, 12:28 PM
    Voting No.

Twitch is an official submission method, its right there on the page when you submit a score.

No user did the wrong thing here. If twitch changes the link then TG are the only ones with the ability to fix it.

The system is at fault here, not the users. Losing credibility, or removing a score for a trivial matter such as this is a disgraceful outcome.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Join us