thread

Dispute: Kyle Nelson - NES / FAMICOM / DISK - Formula 1: Built To Win - NTSC - Formula 1 - Mexican GP - Fastest Race - Player: Ryan Johnson - Score: 01:04.099

User Tag List

Is this a valid dispute?

You may not vote on this poll
    You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
  1. Dispute: Kyle Nelson - NES / FAMICOM / DISK - Formula 1: Built To Win - NTSC - Formula 1 - Mexican GP - Fastest Race - Player: Ryan Johnson - Score: 01:04.099

02-08-2018, 08:08 AM
    NES / FAMICOM / DISK - Formula 1: Built To Win - NTSC - Formula 1 - Mexican GP - Fastest Race
    Score Track//www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=11384
    RulesFree Mode, Formula 1, Mexican GP
    Special Rules: While you don't have to enter your name at the Name screen if you get a NEW record, it's appreciated if you do so for easier tracking.
    Player NameRyan Johnson
    Original AdjudicationN/A
    Verification MethodMultimedia File
    Verification Date2012-07-25
    Disputed Score01:04.099 (Rank 1)
    Disputed Bythegamer1185
    Dispute Evidence / RationaleI'm opening a formal dispute regarding Ryan Johnson's time. I DO NOT believe this should be removed. I believe this was typo of some kind. I have no doubt he achieved the actual time posted of 1:04.1. I've matched many of his times which I view as the fastest possible and I believe this to be one of them.

The game does not have a hundredths/thousandths display for time. It only goes to tenths. I'm asking that this score be changed to 1:04.1. You can view many of time Formula 1 submissions to verify that there is no hundredths/thousandths digit used in the in-game timer. I would recommend watching my Mexico GP submission. I'll post a link to it here. Thanks
    //www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/181659
  2. 02-08-2018, 08:10 AM
  3. 02-08-2018, 08:30 AM
    Voting yes that the dispute is valid. However the score should be removed not changed. You suggest it is a typo and it should be 1:04.1, which might be the case, but I'd argue 1:04.9 is more likely, based on what numbers are already entered in the field. We just don't know what his actual score was.
  4. 02-08-2018, 08:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sdwyer138 View Post
    Voting yes that the dispute is valid. However the score should be removed not changed. You suggest it is a typo and it should be 1:04.1, which might be the case, but I'd argue 1:04.9 is more likely, based on what numbers are already entered in the field. We just don't know what his actual score was.
    That is a possibility for sure. I guess technically it is wrong so removing the score does make more sense. I can play the course to see if a 1:04.9 is possible. To be fair to Ryan, he had ever fastest time before I played. I agree with you that we can't know what his actual time was though.
  5. 02-08-2018, 08:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by thegamer1185 View Post
    That is a possibility for sure. I guess technically it is wrong so removing the score does make more sense. I can play the course to see if a 1:04.9 is possible. To be fair to Ryan, he had ever fastest time before I played. I agree with you that we can't know what his actual time was though.
    Ha, typo right there. I need to see if a 1:04.0 is possible...the 9 is right next to the zero.
  6. 02-11-2018, 10:15 PM
    Hey, I'm Ryan Johnson,haven't been here in years. I can look to see if I have the old file still on my computer, not sure if it's there or not anymore. I lost an external hard drive that had a bunch of me and my friends videos.
    Conan So your from Boston and i know your a big redsox fan, after they won in 2004 are you one of those people now who is just content, don't need to see it again?

Stephen King Is that how you felt after your first sexual experience?
  7. 02-11-2018, 10:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lospunchados View Post
    Hey, I'm Ryan Johnson,haven't been here in years. I can look to see if I have the old file still on my computer, not sure if it's there or not anymore. I lost an external hard drive that had a bunch of me and my friends videos.
    Hi Ryan
    Glad you are here. Not sure if your aware of what TG has going on now, but there is a dispute system in place to dispute scores that aren't possible/may have been entered incorrectly. I have no doubt you achieved this score. You have all the fastest times in the game. I'm sure you are aware that F1 doesn't have any hundreths/thousandths digits. It would be awesome if you still had those old videos to confirm your score was a 1:04.1. I don't want it removed since I believe it was just a typo, however, that's not how the dispute system works since it's either the score stays or goes. Since this score is impossible by in game timer standards, it will likely be removed. Really ****ty since all anyone has to do is look at the F1 scoreboard to see you no doubt achieved a 1:04.1 but the argument could be made you got a 1:04.9....highly doubt it but it is a possibility. Hope you find that video. Take care.
Join us